Speech by Zhong Nanshan at Awards Ceremony for COVID-19 Fighters
September 8, 2020

尊敬的习近平总书记,各位领导,同志们:

Respected General Secretary Xi Jinping,
Leaders, Comrades:

大家好。

Good morning!

我叫钟南山,是一名胸肺科医生。由衷感谢党和国家把这份荣誉授予我们4位医务工作者,这是党和国家对全体医疗卫生工作人员的充分肯定。

My name is Zhong Nanshan. I am a pulmonologist. I want to thank the Party and the state sincerely, for honoring the four of us. We see this as the full recognition from the Party and the state to all the medical professionals in China.

今年伊始,新冠肺炎疫情肆虐,我们和广大医务工作者一道,坚决贯彻落实习“始终把人民群众生命安全和身体健康放在第一位”的重要指示精神,以尊重事实、解放思想的科学精神,全身心投入疫情防控阻击战,在病毒分离、社区联防联控、支援湖北、中西医并重及重症救治等方面不懈努力、攻坚克难。

Since the start of the year we have confronted the COVID-19 epidemic. All the medical professionals in China worked to resolutely implement the important instruction from General Secretary Xi Jinping to always put the people's lives and health first and foremost. We respected the facts and followed the science. We gave everything we've got to the battle to fight COVID-19. We overcame one obstacle after another in separating the virus strain, in community prevention and control, in supporting Hubei, in joining on both Chinese and western medicine, and in treating severe cases.

在党中央坚强领导下,在全国人民同舟共济共同奋斗下,我国仅用1个多月时间初步遏制疫情蔓延势头,用3个月左右时间取得武汉保卫战、湖北保卫战的决定性成果,疫情防控阻击战取得重大战略成果,赢得了全国上下及国际社会的尊重和赞扬。

Under the strong leadership of the CPC central committee, entire nation worked as one. In just over one month time, we basically stopped the spread of the virus; in around three months’ time, we won a decisive victory in safeguarding Wuhan and Hubei. This major strategic outcome in stopping the outbreak earned us respect and admiration of the whole nation and the international community.

尽管新冠肺炎疫情斗争取得阶段性胜利,我们仍不能松懈,必须慎终如始。我们将与全国及世界医务工作者携手,在病毒溯源、切断传播、快速诊断、药物研制、重症救治及疫苗研发等方面持续攻坚,努力为全球抗疫事业、构建人类卫生健康共同体作出更大贡献。

We have beaten the current outbreak. Having said that,we must not lower our guard, and we must finish the battle as we have begun. We must partner with Chinese and foreign medical professionals and continue to make progress in tracing the origin of the virus, stopping the transmission, rapid diagnostics, research and development on drugs and vaccines and treating severe cases. And we must make an even bigger contribution to the global fight against COVID-19 and to building a global community of health for all.

不忘初心,牢记使命。我想,“健康所系,性命相托”,就是我们医者的初心;保障人民群众的身体健康和生命安全,就是我们医者的使命。

We must not forget why we chose this profession and what doctors are for. The people have entrusted us with their life and health. This is why we went into the medical profession. And we must protect their health and lives, and that is the mission of doctors and nurses.

有幸亲历了国家医疗卫生事业由弱而强蓬勃发展、蒸蒸日上,目睹了共和国从贫穷落后不断走向繁荣富强,我由衷感到骄傲和自豪,也由衷感恩党和人民的培养,倍加珍视难得的人生际遇和干事创业舞台。

I have the great fortune of seeing the strengthening of China’s medical sector, and I have seen the People's Republic march from poverty and backwardness to strength and prosperity. I take immense pride in that I'm grateful to the Party and the people for giving me precious opportunities and these important tasks.

欣逢盛世当不负盛世。面对尊崇和荣誉,我们将始终牢记党和人民的重托,始终紧密团结在以习近平同志为核心的党中央周围,以敬畏生命、护佑生命、捍卫生命为己任,努力为加快实现全民健康、实现中华民族伟大复兴的中国梦奋斗不止!

We are in a great era. We must prove worthy of this great era. In the face of the honors and the awards, we must always remember the expectation of the Party and the people always rally closely around the CPC central committee with comrade Xi Jinping as the core. We must continue to revere, protect and uphold life and give everything we have got to the health of the whole nation and to realizing the Chinese dream of great national rejuvenation.

最后,衷心祝愿党和国家各项事业更加辉煌,伟大的祖国更加繁荣昌盛,伟大的人民更加幸福安康!谢谢大家。

In closing, I wish every success in the Party’s and state’s cause great strength and prosperity for our motherland and health and well being for our great people. Thank you.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-10 10:04:11 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢老师
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-10 11:03:39 | 显示全部楼层
钟南山全国抗击新冠肺炎疫情表彰大会发言
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-10 21:56:32 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-11 16:41:29 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-11 17:00:01 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-13 06:26:06 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢老师
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-13 21:24:36 | 显示全部楼层
钟南山全国抗击新冠肺炎疫情表彰大会发言
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-14 21:03:51 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢你,太棒了
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-15 23:50:33 | 显示全部楼层
学习学习
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 02:02 , Processed in 0.051165 second(s), 19 queries .