[经济] 2023-03-13 拜登就美国银行破产危机发表的讲话

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2023-5-30 10:18:53 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
回帖下载英文视频及双语文档:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Remarks by President Biden on Maintaining a Resilient Banking System and Protecting Historic Economic Recovery
March 13, 2023

拜登总统就美国银行破产危机发表的讲话
2023年3月13日

Good morning, everyone. Before I leave for California, I want to briefly speak about what’s happening to Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank.

大家早上好。在前往加州之前,我想简单谈谈硅谷银行和签名银行正在发生的事情。

Today, thanks to the quick action of my administration over the past few days, Americans can have confidence that the banking system is safe. Your deposits will be there when you need them.

今天,由于本届政府在过去几天的快速行动,美国人可以对银行系统的安全性保持信心。当你需要的时候,你的存款不会消失。

Small businesses across the country that had deposit accounts at these banks can breathe easier knowing they’ll be able to pay their workers and pay their bills. And their hardworking employees can breathe easier as well.

在这些银行拥有存款账户的全国各地的小企业可以松口气了,因为他们知道他们能够支付薪水和账单。他们勤奋的员工也可以松口气了。

Last week, when we learned of the problems of the banks and the impact they could have on jobs, some small businesses, and the banking system overall, I instructed my team to act quickly to protect these interests. They have done that. They have done that.

上周,当我们了解到银行的问题及其对就业、一些小企业和整个银行系统的影响时,我指示我的团队迅速采取行动,保护民众的利益。他们做的很成功,很成功。

On Friday, the government regulator in charge, the FDIC, took control of Silicon Valley Bank’s assets. And over the weekend, it took control of Signature Bank’s assets.

相关的政府监管机构联邦存款保险公司周五控制了硅谷银行的资产,周末控制了签名银行的资产。

Treasury Secretary Yellen and a team of banking regulators have taken action – immediate action. And here are the highlights:

财政部长耶伦和银行监管机构团队也立即采取了行动。以下是重点:

First, all customers who had deposits in these banks can rest assured – I want to – rest assured they’ll be protected and they’ll have access to their money as of today. That includes small businesses across the country that banked there and need to make payroll, pay their bills, and stay open for business.

首先,所有在这些银行存款的客户都可以放心,他们会受到保护,从今天开始,他们可以取出自己的钱。这包括全国各地开立账户的小企业,他们需要开工资,支付账单,并保持营业。

No losses will be – and I want – this is an important point – no losses will be borne by the taxpayers. Let me repeat that: No losses will be borne by the taxpayers. Instead, the money will come from the fees that banks pay into the Deposit Insurance Fund.

不会有损失,这是重要的一点,纳税人不会承担任何损失。我再重复一遍:纳税人不会承担任何损失。相反,这笔钱将来自银行向存款保险基金支付的费用。

Because of the actions of that – because of the actions that our regulators have already taken, every American should feel confident that their deposits will be there if and when they need them.

由于这些行动——由于我们的监管机构已经采取的行动,每个美国人都应该有信心,如果他们需要存款,他们的存款就会在那里。

Second, the management of these banks will be fired. If the bank is taken over by FDIC, the people running the bank should not work there anymore.

其次,这些银行的管理层将被解雇。如果银行被联邦存款保险公司接管,银行的经营者就不应该再在那里工作了。

Third, investors in the banks will not be protected. They knowingly took a risk and when the risk didn’t pay off, investors lose their money. That’s how capitalism works.

第三,银行的投资者不会受到保护。他们应该对风险心知肚明,当风险没有回报时,投资者就会赔钱。这就是资本主义的运作方式。

And fourth, there are important questions of how these banks got into these circumstances in the first place. We must get the full accounting of what happened and why those responsible can be held accountable. In my administration, no one, in my view – no one is above the law.

第四,这些银行如何陷入危机是重要的问题所在。我们必须全面了解所发生的事情,以及责任的产生原因。本届政府不允许有任何人可以凌驾于法律之上。

And finally, we must reduce the risks of this happening again. During the Obama-Biden administration, we put in place tough requirements on banks like Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank, including the Dodd-Frank Law, to make sure the crisis we saw in 2008 would not happen again.

最后,我们必须降低这种情况再次发生的风险。在奥巴马-拜登政府期间,我们对硅谷银行和签名银行等银行提出了严格要求,包括通过了《多德-弗兰克法案》,以确保2008年的危机不会再次发生。

Unfortunately, the last administration rolled back some of these requirements. I’m going to ask Congress and the banking regulators to strengthen the rules for banks to make it less likely that this kind of bank failure will happen again and to protect American jobs and small businesses.

不幸的是,上届政府撤销了其中一些要求。我会要求国会和银行监管机构加强银行的规则,减少这种银行倒闭再次发生的可能性,并保护美国的就业和小企业。

Look, the bottom line is this: Americans can rest assured that our banking system is safe. Your deposits are safe.

请记住,我们的底线是:美国人可以放心,我们的银行系统是安全的。你们的存款是安全的。

Let me also assure you: We will not stop at this. We’ll do whatever is needed on top of all this.

我也向各位保证:我们不会止步于此。除此之外,我们还会做任何需要做的事情。

Let’s also take a look – a moment to put the situation in a broader context. We have made strong economic progress in the past two years. We’ve created more than 12 million new jobs – more jobs in two years than any President has ever created in a single four-year term. Unemployment is below 4 percent for 14 straight months. Take-home pay for workers is going up, especially for lower- and middle-income workers. And we’ve seen record numbers of people apply to start new businesses – more than 10 million of them – more than 10 million applications over the last two years starting businesses.

让我们也看一看——花点时间将情况放在更广泛的背景下。过去的两年里,我们取得了强劲的经济增长。我们已创造了1200多万个新工作岗位——两年内创造的工作岗位比任何一位总统在四年任期内创造的就业机会都多。失业率连续14个月低于4%。工人的实得工资正在上升,特别是中低收入工人。我们看到申请创办新企业的人数创纪录——超过了1000万——在过去两年中,创办企业的申请超过1000万份。

Now we need to keep the program – this progress going. That’s what swift action that my administration, over the past few years, is all about: protecting depositors, protecting the banking system, protecting the economic gains we have made together for the American people.

现在我们需要保持这些计划——继续进行下去。这就是本届政府过去几年里采取的快速行动:保护储户,保护银行系统,保护我们共同为美国人民取得的经济收益。

Thank you. God bless you. And may God protect our troops. See you in California.

谢谢大家。上帝保佑你们。愿上帝保佑我们的军队。在加利福尼亚再见。
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
发表于 2023-6-4 17:55:53 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2023-6-8 20:05:33 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

地板
发表于 2023-6-12 16:01:57 | 只看该作者
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2023-7-1 16:49:17 | 只看该作者
拜登就美国银行破产危机发表的讲话
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2023-7-2 23:59:29 | 只看该作者
谢谢谢谢谢谢谢谢
回复

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2023-7-27 14:05:15 | 只看该作者
xiexiexiexie
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2023-8-10 11:02:17 | 只看该作者
[经济] 2023-03-13 拜登就美国银行破产危机发表的讲话
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2023-9-14 15:28:14 | 只看该作者
······································
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2023-11-29 20:05:32 | 只看该作者
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 07:42 , Processed in 0.047846 second(s), 18 queries .