发表于 2021-8-11 11:08:19 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
回帖下载完整视频及双语文档:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Remarks by U.S. President Biden Celebrating Independence Day
July 4, 2021

美国总统拜登2021年独立日演讲
2021年7月4日

Today — today we celebrate America: our freedom, our liberty, our independence. The Fourth of July is a sacred day in our country — a day of history, of hope, remembrance and resolve, of promise and possibilities.

今天——今天我们庆祝美国:我们的自由、我们的解放、我们的独立。七月四日在我们国家是一个神圣的日子——一个充满历史、希望、纪念和决心,充满希望和可能性的日子。

Before me stands monuments of the greatest and the goodness of our nation — monuments of light and liberty. There’s a towering memorial to George Washington — the general who led our Revolution and the President who set our nation on its course.

在我面前矗立着我们国家最伟大和善良的纪念碑——光明和自由的纪念碑。有一座高耸的乔治·华盛顿纪念碑——他是领导我们革命的将军,也是带领我们国家走上正轨的总统。

There’s a memorial to Thomas Jefferson, whose words about liberty and equality literally changed the world.

有一座纪念托马斯·杰斐逊的纪念碑,他关于自由和平等的话语真正地改变了世界。

And across the Tidal Basin from the Jefferson Memorial, there stands Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. — his arms crossed, his eyes fixed ahead toward the promised land where equality is not only an aspiration, but a reality.

在杰斐逊纪念堂对面,伫立着小马丁·路德·金博士——双臂交叉,目视着前方的应许之地,在那里平等不仅是一个愿望,而且是现实。

They helped define who we are, guide what we do, remind us of the work that history has given us in our own time.

他们帮助定义了我们是谁,指导我们做什么,提醒我们历史在我们自己的时代赋予我们的工作。

This year, the Fourth of July is a day of special celebration, for we are emerging from the darkness of years; a year of pandemic and isolation; a year of pain, fear, and heartbreaking loss.

今年七月四日是一个特别的节日,因为我们正从岁月的黑暗中走出来;这是疫情和隔离的一年;充满痛苦、恐惧和心碎的一年。

Just think back to where this nation was a year ago. Think back to where you were a year ago. And think about how far we’ve come.

回想一下这个国家一年前的情况。回想一年前的你。想想我们已经走了多远。

From silent streets to crowded parade routes lined with people waving American flags; from empty stadiums and arenas to fans back to their seats cheering together again; from families pressing hands against a window to grandparents hugging their grandchildren once again.

从寂静的街道到挤满了挥舞美国国旗的人的游行路线;从空无一人的体育场馆到球迷重新回到座位上一起欢呼;从只能把手按在窗户上看望亲人,到祖父母再次拥抱他们的孙子孙女。

We’re back traveling again. We’re back seeing one another again. Businesses are opening and hiring again. We’re seeing record job creation and record economic growth — the best in four decades and, I might add, the best in the world.

我们又能够旅行了。我们又可以面对面了。企业正在重新开放和招聘。我们正在看到创纪录的就业,创纪录的经济增长——这是四年来最好的,我可能还要补充一下,这是世界上最好的。

Today, all across this nation, we can say with confidence: America is coming back together.

今天,在全国各地,我们可以自信地说:美国正在重新团结起来。

Two hundred and forty-five years ago, we declared our independence from a distant king. Today, we’re closer than ever to declaring our independence from a deadly virus. That’s not to say the battle against COVID-19 is over. We’ve got a lot more work to do.

245年前,我们宣布从一位遥远的国王那里独立。今天,我们比以往任何时候都更接近于宣布我们从这一致命病毒独立。这并不是说与新冠病毒的战斗已经结束。我们还有很多工作要做。

But just as our Declaration in 1776 was a call to action, not a reason for complacency or a claim of victory — it was a call to action — the same is true today.

但正如我们1776年的宣言是对行动的呼吁,而非自满或胜利的理由——它是行动呼吁——今天也是如此。

Back then, we had the power of an idea on our side. Today, we have the power of science. Thanks to our heroic vaccine effort, we’ve gained the upper hand against this virus. We can live our lives, our kids can go back to school, our economy is roaring back.

那时,我们拥有信念的力量。今天,我们拥有科学的力量。由于我们雄心勃勃的疫苗工作,我们在对抗这种病毒方面取得了上风。我们可以过上正常的生活,我们的孩子可以重返校园,我们的经济正在复苏。

Don’t get me wrong, COVID-19 is — has not been vanquished. We all know powerful variants have emerged, like the Delta variant, but the best defense against these variants is to get vaccinated.

不要误会我的意思,新冠病毒还没有被消灭。我们都知道已经出现了强大的变种,例如 Delta 变种,但针对这些变种的最佳防御措施就是接种疫苗。

My fellow Americans, it’s the most patriotic thing you can do. So, please, if you haven’t gotten vaccinated, do it — do it now for yourself, for your loved ones, for your community, and for your country.

我的美国同胞们,这是你们能做的最爱国的事情。所以,如果你还没有接种疫苗,请立即接种——现在就为你自己、为你所爱的人、为你的社区和你的国家接种疫苗。

You know, that’s how we’re going to stay ahead of these variants and protect the hard-won progress we’ve made. We never again want to be where we were a year ago today.

你知道,这就是我们要保持领先于这些变异病毒并保护我们已经取得的来之不易的进步的方式。我们再也不想回到一年前的今天。

So, today, while the virus hasn’t been vanquished, we know this: It no longer controls our lives. It no longer paralyzes our nation. And it’s within our power to make sure it never does again. And for that, we can thank the scientists and researchers, the educators, and all the other frontline and essential workers, like many of you here today who became the light to see us through the darkness.

所以,今天,虽然病毒没有被消灭,但我们知道:它不再控制我们的生活。它不再使我们的国家陷入瘫痪。我们有能力确保它不再发生。为此,我们要感谢科学家和研究人员、教育工作者以及所有在一线工作的人员,就像今天在座的许多人一样,变成一道光,穿越黑暗照亮我们前行的路。

I hope you know that you, the American people, have been part of one of the most remarkable achievements in American history. But in this moment of joy, we know that this day falls hard on all those who’ve lost a loved one.

我希望你们知道,美国人民是我们国家历史上最伟大的因素。但在这欢乐的时刻,我们知道这一天对所有失去亲人的人来说都是沉重的。

So I’ve told you before: Each day, I carry a card in my pocket with my schedule on it. In the back of that schedule, on that card, are the number of Americans who’ve lost their lives to COVID — the precise number.

所以我曾说过:每天,我都会在口袋里放一张卡片,上面写着我的日程安排。在该时间表的后面,在那张卡片上,是死于新冠病毒的美国人的数量——准确的数字。

As of tonight, that number is 603,018 people who have lost their lives. They’re husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, grandparents, friends, neighbors, coworkers.

截至今晚,这个数字是 603,018 人丧生。他们是丈夫和妻子、母亲和父亲、儿子和女儿、兄弟和姐妹、祖父母、朋友、邻居、同事。

And we also remember all those who lost this year — that we lost and families lost to other causes — other causes of death and cruel twists of fate. They, too, left behind loved ones unable to grieve or mourn or find closure. Each of them meant the world to someone they left behind. And those of you who’ve been through all this know that to heal, you have to remember. We have to remember them, and we will. We’ll commit to always remember them. That’s what we’ll do.

我们还记得所有今年失去的人——我们和家人因其他原因而失去的人——其他原因的死亡和命运的残酷。他们也留下了无法悲伤、哀悼或找到依靠的亲人。他们每个人都对他们留下的人来说意味着全世界。那些经历过这一切的人都知道,要治愈,你必须记得。我们必须记住他们,我们会的。我们发誓会永远记住他们。这就是我们要做的。

I’ve long said that America is unique. Unlike every other nation on Earth, we were founded based on an idea. We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all people are created equal, endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights — among them life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

我早就说过美国是独一无二的。与地球上的所有其他国家不同,我们是建立在一个信念的基础上的。我们认为这些真理是不言而喻的:人人生而平等,造物者赋予他们某些不可剥夺的权利——其中包括生命权、自由权和追求幸福的权利。

And while we’ve never fully lived up to those words, we have never given up on them. They continue to animate us, and they remind us what, at our best, we as Americans believe: We, Americans — we believe in honesty and decency, in treating everyone with dignity and respect, giving everyone a fair shot, demonizing no one, giving hate no safe harbor, and leaving no one behind.

虽然我们还没有完全兑现这些话,但我们从未放弃它们。它们继续激励我们,提醒我们,我们美国人最应该相信的是:我们,美国人——我们相信诚实和体面,以尊严和尊重对待每个人,给每个人公平的机会,不要妖魔化任何人,不给仇恨一个避风港,不让任何人掉队。

We lead by the power of our example, not the example of our power. And we’re part of something so much bigger than ourselves. We stand as a beacon to the world.

我们以榜样的力量领先,而不是实力的角度。我们比我们自己还要强大。我们是世界的灯塔。

It’s a code. It’s a code — uniquely American code. It’s who we are.

这是一个信条。这是一个信条——独一无二的美国信条。这就是我们。

To all the service members and your families who are here tonight, today, all of you serving around the world: It’s the greatest honor to serve as your Commander-in-Chief.

致今晚、今天在场的所有军人及家人,在世界各地服役的所有人:能够担任你们的总司令是我最大的荣幸。

Jill and I Jill and I, and our entire family, thank you for your service and sacrifice. Like so many military families thinking of your loved ones who served, we think of our son Beau today.

我和吉尔,以及我们全家,感谢你们的服务和牺牲。同许多军人家庭思念亲人一样,我们今天想到了我们的儿子博。

You’re all part of a long chain of patriots who pledged their lives and their sacred honor in defense of this nation and democracy around the world; for freedom and fair play; for peace and security and opportunity; for the cause of justice; for the soul of America itself.

你们都是一长串爱国者的一员,为保卫这个国家和世界各地的民主而献出自己的生命和神圣的荣誉;为了自由和公平竞争;为了和平、安全和机会;为正义事业;为了美国本身的灵魂。

But the defense of all that we love doesn’t fall on your shoulders alone. It falls on all — all of us — every one of us — every American.

但是,捍卫我们所爱的一切并不仅仅落在你们的肩上。它落在所有人身上——我们所有人——我们每一个人——每一个美国人。

Each day, we’re reminded there’s nothing guaranteed about our democracy, nothing guaranteed about our way of life. We have to fight for it, defend it, earn it.

每一天,我们都被提醒我们的民主并非高枕无忧,我们的生活方式也并非高枕无忧。我们必须为它而战,捍卫它,赢得它。

Folks, it’s up to all of us to protect the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; the right to equal justice under the law; the right to vote and have that vote counted; the right the right to breathe clean air, drink clean water, and know that our children and grandchildren will be safe on this planet for generations to come — ; the right to rise in the world as far as your God-given talent can take you, unlimited by barriers of privilege or power.

同胞们,我们所有人都有责任保护生命权、自由权和追求幸福的权利;依法享有平等正义的权利;投票权和计票权;呼吸清洁空气、饮用清洁水并知道我们的子孙后代将在这个星球上安全的权利——;有权让上帝赐予我们的天赋不受任何权力限制的在大地上崛起。

One of the great gifts of the spirit of independence — and think about this: One of the great gifts is our capacity to see ourselves whole and see ourselves honestly — what we’ve gotten right, what we’ve gotten wrong. It’s a measure of the greatness of America, and we are a great nation. We don’t seek to bury the wrongs. We face it. We work to make it right.

独立精神的伟大礼物之一——想想这个:伟大的礼物之一是我们能够完整并诚实地看待自己——我们做对了什么,我们做错了什么。这是衡量美国伟大的标准,我们是一个伟大的国家。我们不寻求掩饰错误。我们面对它。我们努力改正。

You know, history tells us that when we stand together, when we unite in common cause, when we see ourselves not as Republicans or Democrats, but as Americans, then there’s simply no limit to what we can achieve. None.

你知道,历史告诉我们,当我们站在一起,当我们为了共同的事业团结起来,当我们不把自己看作是共和党人或民主党人,而是把自己看作是美国人时,我们所能取得的成就就没有限制。没有任何限制。

And today we see the results of the unity of purpose — the unity of purpose in — forging in our nati- — we’re forging in our nation, for together we’re beating the virus. Together, we’re breathing life into our economy. Together, we will rescue our people from division and despair. But together we must do it.

今天,我们看到了目标统一的结果——目标的统一——在我们的国家中锻造——我们正在我们的国家锻造,因为我们正在共同战胜病毒。我们一起为我们的经济注入活力。我们会共同将我们的人民从分裂和绝望中解救出来。我们必须共同努力。

Over the past year, we’ve lived through some of our darkest days. Now I truly believe — I give you my word as a Biden — I truly believe we’re about to see our brightest future.

过去的一年,我们经历了一些最黑暗的日子。现在我真的相信——我以拜登的身份向你保证——我真的相信我们即将看到最光明的未来。

Folks, this is a special nation, a great nation. And there is a timeless truth about America. The most powerful idea in the history of the world beats in the hearts of the people of this country. It beats in all our hearts no matter your race or ethnicity; no matter your gender identity or sexual orientation — ; no matter your disability; no matter your faith. It beats in the hearts of rich and poor alike.

同胞们,我们是一个特殊的民族,一个伟大的民族。关于美国,有一个永恒的真理。世界历史上最强大的思想跳动在这个国家的人民心中。无论你的种族或民族如何,它都在我们所有人的心中跳动;无论你的性别认同或性取向如何——;无论你是否有残疾;无论你的信仰是什么;无论是富人还是穷人,他们的心中都在跳动。

It unites America whether your ancestors were native to this land or brought here forcibly and enslaved; whether you were immigrants from generations back — like my family that came from Ireland — or you’re coming here today looking to build a better life for your family, like our fellow Americans I just swore in, in the White House, two days ago.

无论你的祖先是土生土长的还是被强行带到这里奴役的,它都将美国团结在一起;无论你是几代人的移民——比如我的家族来自爱尔兰——或者你今天来到这里是为了给你的家人创造更好的生活,就像我两天前在白宫宣誓入籍的美国同胞一样.

The American creed — we use that phrase, “the American creed” — is we’re all equal, created equal. It was written a long time ago. But the genius is that every generation of Americans has expanded it wider and wider to include those who were exc- — excluded before. That’s why it’s never gathered dust in our history books. It’s still alive today — alive in our hearts; alive in the work of our hands; alive not only in the history we read, but in the history we’re making.

美国信条——我们使用“美国信条”这个短语——是我们人人平等,生而平等。这是很久以前写的。但其伟大之处在于,每一代美国人都将其扩大到越来越广泛的范围,以包括那些以前被排除在外的人。这就是为什么它从来没有在我们的历史书中尘埃落定。它今天仍然活着——活在我们的心中;活在我们的手中;不仅在我们阅读的历史中,而且在我们正在创造的历史中。

My fellow Americans, now we’re the guardians of that very idea of America. It’s up to us to save it, to preserve it, to build on it, and I know we will.

我的美国同胞们,现在我们是美国这一理念的守护者。我们有责任拯救它,保护它,在它的基础上再接再厉,我知道我们会的。

On this sacred day, I look out to those monuments on our National Mall and beyond them, into the hearts of our people across the land, and I know this: It’s never, ever been a good bet to bet against America — never.

在这个神圣的日子里,我注视着我们国家广场上以及远处的那些纪念碑,注视着我们全国人民的心,我明白这一点:与美国作对,永远、永远都不是一个好注意——永远不是。

We just have to remember who we are: We are the United States of America, and there’s nothing — nothing we can’t do if we do it together.

我们只需要记住我们是谁:我们是美利坚合众国,没有什么——如果我们团结一心,没有什么是我们做不到的。

Folks, happy Fourth of July, America. God bless you all. And may God protect our troops. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

同胞们,美国独立日快乐。上帝保佑你们。愿上帝保护我们的军队。谢谢,谢谢。
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
发表于 2021-8-11 16:26:34 | 只看该作者
美国总统拜登独立日演讲
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2021-8-11 19:18:56 | 只看该作者
美国总统拜登独立日演讲
回复

使用道具 举报

地板
发表于 2021-8-21 08:29:35 来自手机 | 只看该作者
美国总统拜登独立日演讲
回复

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2021-8-23 17:47:28 | 只看该作者
thanks for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2021-9-2 14:29:21 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2021-9-3 11:32:05 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2021-9-5 21:57:09 | 只看该作者
athanks for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2021-9-5 22:01:37 | 只看该作者
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2021-9-6 22:43:22 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 00:36 , Processed in 0.050860 second(s), 18 queries .