回帖下载完整视频、音频及双语文档:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Thanksgiving Address by President-Elect Joe Biden in Wilmington, Delaware
November 25, 2020

美国当选总统乔·拜登在特拉华州威尔明顿的感恩节演讲
2020年11月25日

My fellow Americans:

我的美国同胞:

Thanksgiving is a special time in America. A time to reflect on what the year has brought, and think about what lies ahead.

感恩节在美国是一个特别的时刻,是我们反思这一年带来什么、同时思考未来的时刻。

You know, our first national day of Thanksgiving, authorized by the Continental Congress, took place on December 18th, 1777. It was celebrated by General George Washington and his troops at Gulph Mills on the way to Valley Forge. It took place under extremely harsh conditions and deprivations – lacking food, clothing, shelter. They were preparing to ride out a long, hard winter.

你们知道,我们的第一个国家感恩节是大陆会议授权的,在1777年12月18日。乔治·华盛顿将军和他的部队在前往福吉谷的路上在格尔夫米尔斯庆祝了这一节日。它发生在极其恶劣的条件和匮乏的情况下——缺乏食物、衣服、住所。他们正准备度过一个漫长而艰难的冬天。

Today, you can find a plaque in Gulph Mills marking that moment. Here’s…the plaque reads, it says – “This Thanksgiving in spite of the suffering-showed the reverence and character that was forging the soul of a nation.”  

今天,你可以在Gulph Mills找到一块牌匾,标志着那一刻。牌匾上写着——“尽管经历了痛苦,但这个感恩节展示了锻造一个民族灵魂的敬畏和品格。”

Forging the soul of a nation.

锻造一个民族的灵魂。

Faith, courage, sacrifice, service to country, service to each other, and gratitude even in the face of suffering, have long been part of what Thanksgiving means in America.

信仰、勇气、牺牲、为国家服务、相互服务,甚至在痛苦面前感恩,长期以来一直是感恩节在美国意义的一部分。

Now, looking back over our history you’ll see that it’s been in the most difficult of circumstances that the soul of our nation has been forged.

现在,回顾我们的历史,你会发现我们国家的灵魂是在最困难的情况下形成的。

Now, we find ourselves again facing a long, hard winter.

现在,我们发现自己再次面临着漫长而艰难的冬天。

We’ve fought a nearly year-long battle with a virus that has devastated this nation. It’s brought us pain and loss and frustration, and it has cost so many lives. 260,000 Americans – and counting.

我们与一种摧毁这个国家的病毒进行了近一年的战斗。它给我们带来了痛苦、损失和挫折,并夺走了很多人的生命。26万美国人——还在继续。

It has divided us. Angered us. Set us against one another.

它分裂了我们。我们彼此埋怨。我们相互对抗。

I know the country has grown weary of the fight.

我知道这个国家已经厌倦了这场斗争。

But we need to remember we’re at a war with a virus – not with one another, not with each other.  

但我们需要记住,我们正在与病毒作战——不是彼此,也不是彼此。

This is the moment where we need to steel our spines, redouble our efforts, and recommit ourselves to the fight.  

此时此刻,我们需要振作起来,加倍努力,重新致力于战斗。

Let’s remember – we are all in this together. Sounds trite to say, but we’re all in this together.

让我们记住——我们都在一起。听起来很老套,但我们的确都在一起。

For so many of us, it’s hard to hear that this fight isn’t over, that we still have months of this battle ahead of us.

对于我们很多人来说,很难接受这场战斗还没有结束,我们还有几个月的时间才能结束这场战斗。

For those who have lost a loved one, I know this time of year can be especially difficult.

对于那些失去亲人的人来说,我知道一年中的这个时候会特别困难。

Believe me, I know. I remember that first Thanksgiving. The empty chair, the silence, takes your breath away. It’s really hard to care. It’s hard to give thanks. It’s hard to even think of looking forward. And it’s so hard to hope. I understand.  

相信我,我知道。我记得第一个感恩节。空空的椅子,寂静,让你无法呼吸。真的很难在乎。很难表示感谢。甚至很难想到向前看。很难抱有希望。我明白。

I’ll be thinking and praying for each and every one of you at this Thanksgiving, at your Thanksgiving table because we’ve been there.

在这个感恩节,在你们的感恩节餐桌上,我会为你们每个人想念和祈祷,因为我们一直在那里。

This year, we’re asking Americans to forego so many of the traditions that we have long made in this holiday which made it so special.

今年,我们要求美国人放弃我们在这个节日中长期创造的许多特别传统。

For our family, for 40 such years, 40 some years, we’ve had a tradition of traveling over Thanksgiving, a tradition that we’ve kept every year save one – the year after our son Beau died.  

对于我们的家人来说,40年来,40年来,我们有一个过感恩节旅行的传统,这是在我们的儿子博去世后我们每年都保留的一个传统。

But this year, we’ll be staying home.  

但今年,我们将呆在家里。

We’ve always had big family gatherings at Thanksgiving. Kids, grandkids, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, and more.

我们总是在感恩节举行大型家庭聚会。孩子、孙子、阿姨、叔叔、兄弟、姐妹等等。

For the Bidens, the days around Thanksgiving have always been a time to remember all we had to be grateful for, and a time to begin to think about [the] Christmas and begin even to do the Christmas list.  

对拜登一家来说,感恩节前后的日子一直是我们缅怀所有我们必须感激的事情的时候,也是开始准备圣诞节,甚至开始做圣诞节清单的时候。

But this year, because we care so much for each other, we’re going to be having a separate Thanksgiving.

但今年,由于我们非常在乎彼此,我们将单独度过一个感恩节。

For Jill and I, we’ll be at our home in Delaware with our daughter and our son-in-law. The rest of the family will be doing the same thing in small groups.

对于吉尔和我来说,我们将和女儿和女婿在特拉华州的家中。家里的其他人也将小范围地做同样的事情。

So, I know. I know how hard it is to forego family traditions, but it is so very important.

所以,我知道。我知道放弃家庭传统有多难,但这非常重要。

Our country is in the middle of a dramatic spike in cases. We’re now averaging 160,000 new cases a day. And no one will be surprised if we hit 200,000 cases in a single day.

我国正处于病例急剧上升之中。我们现在平均每天有16万例新病例。如果我们一天之内就达到20万例病例,没有人会感到惊讶。

Many local health systems are at risk of being overwhelmed.  

许多当地卫生系统面临不堪重负的风险。

That is the plain and simple truth – nothing made up, it’s real. And I believe you always deserve to hear the truth…hear the truth from your president.

这是简单明了的真相——没有编造,这是真的。我相信你总是应该听到真相......听到自你们总统的真相。

We have to try to slow the growth of this virus. We owe it to the doctors, and the nurses, and other frontline workers, care workers who have risked their lives, some have lost their lives, put so much on the line in a heroic battled in this virus, against it for so long.

我们必须努力减缓这种病毒的生长。我们要感谢医生、护士和其他一线工作人员、护理人员,他们冒着生命危险,有些人失去了生命,在这场病毒的英勇战斗中冒着生命危险,与病毒斗争了这么多。

You know, we owe that to our fellow citizens who need access to hospital beds and the care to fight this disease.  

你知道,这要亏钱我们的同胞,他们需要获得医院病床和护理来抗击这种疾病。

We owe it to one another – it’s literally our patriotic duty as Americans.

我们彼此应该这样——这确实是我们作为美国人的爱国责任。

It means wearing a mask, keeping social distancing, limiting the size of any group we’re in. Until we have a vaccine, these are most effective tools to combat the virus.

这意味着戴口罩,保持社交距离,限制我们所处的任何群体的规模。在我们获得疫苗之前,这些是抗击病毒的最有效工具。

Starting on Day One of my presidency, we will take steps that will change the course of this disease.  

从我担任总统的第一天开始,我们将采取措施改变抗击这一疾病的进程。

More testing will find people with cases and get them away from other people, slowing the number of infections. More protective gear for businesses and our schools to [will] do the same – reducing the number of cases. Clear guidance will get more businesses and more schools open.

更多的检测将会发现有病例,让他们远离其他人,减缓感染人数。为企业和我们的学校提供更多的保护装备,减少病例数量。明确的指导将使更多的企业和更多的学校开放。

We all have a role to play in beating this crisis. The federal government has vast powers to combat this virus.

在战胜这场危机方面,我们都可以发挥作用。联邦政府拥有抗击这种病毒的巨大权力。

And I commit to you I will use all those powers to lead a national coordinated response.  

我向你们承诺,我将利用所有这些权力领导国家作出联合反应。

But…but the federal government can’t do this alone. Each of us has a responsibility in our own lives – do what we can do to slow the virus.

但是......但联邦政府不能单独做到这一点。我们每个人都有自己的责任——尽我们所能减缓病毒的传播速度。

Every decision we make matters. Every decision we make can save a life.

我们做出的每个决定都很重要。我们做出的每个决定都可以挽救一条生命。

None of these steps we’re asking people to take are political statements.  

我们要求人们采取的这些步骤都不是政治声明。

Every one of them is based on science, real science.

每一点都是基于科学,真正的科学。

And the good news is, there has been significant, record-breaking progress made recently in developing a vaccine. And several of these vaccines look extraordinarily effective.

好消息是,最近在开发疫苗方面取得了创纪录的重大进展。其中几种疫苗看起来非常有效。

And it happens that we are on track for the first immunizations to begin by late December or early January. Then we will need to put in place a distribution plan to get the entire country immunized as soon as possible, which we will do.

我们有望在12月底或1月初开始第一批免疫接种。然后,我们需要制定分配计划,尽快为整个国家接种疫苗,我们将这样做。

But it’s going to take time.

但这需要时间。

I’m hoping the news of a vaccine will serve as an incentive to every American to take these simple steps to get control of this virus.

我希望疫苗的消息能激励每个美国人采取这些简单步骤来控制这种病毒。

There is real hope, tangible hope. So hang on. Don’t let yourself surrender to the fatigue, which I understand it is real fatigue.   

有真正的希望,可及的希望。所以坚持住。不要让自己屈服于疲劳,我知道大家都真正的疲劳。

I know we can and we will beat this virus. America is not going to lose this war.  

我知道我们可以,我们会战胜这种病毒。美国不会输掉这场战争。

We’ll get our lives back. Life is going to return to normal. I promise you, this will happen. This will not last forever.

我们会恢复生活。生活将恢复正常。我向你保证,这种情况会发生。这不会永远持续下去。

So yes, this has been really a hard year, particularly hard for over 250000 people and their families, but I still believe we have much to be thankful for.

所以,是的,今年确实是艰难的一年,对超过25万人及其家人来说尤其困难,但我仍然相信我们有很多要感谢的。

There’s so much to hope for. Much to build on. Much to dream of.

有很多希望。还有很多可以借鉴的东西。有很多梦想。

Here’s the America I see, and I believe it’s the America you see, as well:

这是我看到的美国,我相信你看到的也是这样的美国:

An America that faces facts. An America that overcomes challenges. An America where we seek justice and equality for all people.  

一个面对事实的美国。一个克服挑战的美国。一个我们为所有人寻求正义和平等的美国。

An America that holds fast to the conviction that out of pain comes possibility; out of frustration comes progress; and out of division, unity.

一个坚信痛苦带来可能性、挫折感带来进步、分裂带来团结的美国。

You all know, in our finest hours, that’s who we’ve always been, and that’s who we shall be again, for I believe that this grim season of division [and] demonization is going to give way to a year of light and unity.

你们都知道,在我们最美好的时刻,这就是我们一直以来的模样,这就是我们将再次变回的模样,因为我相信这个分裂和妖魔化的残酷季节将让位于接下来光明和团结的一年。

Why do I think so?

我为什么这么认为?

Because America is a nation not of adversaries, but of neighbors.

因为美国不是一个有对手的国家,而是有邻国的国家。

Not of limitations, but of possibilities.

不是限制,而是可能性。

Not of dreams deferred, but of dreams realized.

不是梦想被推迟,而是梦想被实现。

I’ve said it many times that this is a great country; we are a good people. This is the United States of America.  

我说过很多次,这是一个伟大的国家;我们是一个优秀的民族。这是美利坚合众国。

And there’s never been anything we’ve been unable to do when we’ve done it together.

当我们一起做这件事时,从来没有任何事情我们不能做。

Think of what we’ve come through. As a nation, how many things we’ve come through? Centuries of human enslavement; cataclysmic Civil War; exclusion of women from the ballot box; World Wars...

想想我们经历了什么。作为一个国家,我们经历了多少事情?几个世纪的人类奴役;灾难性的内战;将妇女排除在投票箱之外;世界大战……

Look, I’m not naïve. I know that history is just that: history.

听着,我不是天真的。我知道历史就是这样:历史。

But to know what came before, what’s come before, [and] what’s happened before can help arm us against despair.

但是,了解以前发生了什么,可以帮助我们抵御绝望。

Knowing the previous generations got through the same universal human challenges that we face: the tension between selfishness and generosity, between fear and hope, between division and unity.

了解前几代人,我们经历了与人类相同的普遍挑战:自私和慷慨、恐惧和希望、分裂和团结之间的紧张关系。

And what…what was it that brought the reality of America into closer alignment with the promise of reality, justice, and prosperity? Sound corny, but it was love. Plain and simple. Love of country. Love of one another.

是什么......是什么让美国的现实与现实、正义和繁荣的承诺更紧密地保持一致?听起来很老套,但那是爱。简单明了。热爱国家。彼此的爱。

We don’t talk much about love in our politics. The political arena is too loud, too angry, too heated.

我们在政治上很少谈论爱。政治舞台太吵,太愤怒,太激烈。

To love our neighbor as ourselves is a radical act, it is what we’re called to do. We must try, for only in trying, only in listening, only in seeing ourselves as bound together in what Dr. King called the “mutual garment of destiny” can we rise above divisions and truly heal.

像爱自己一样爱邻居是一种激动的行为,这就是我们被召唤要做的。我们必须努力,因为只有尝试,只有倾听,只有像马丁·路德·金所称的“命运彼此相连”,才能超越分裂,真正治愈。

Look, we know America has never been perfect. But we’ve always tried to fulfill the aspiration of the Declaration of Independence: that all people are created equal, created in the image of God. And we’ve always sought “to form a more perfect union.”

我们知道美国从来都不完美。但我们一直试图实现《独立宣言》的愿望:所有人都是平等的,是按照上帝的形象创造的。我们一直在寻求“形成一个更完美的联盟”。

What should we give thanks for this season?  

这个季节我们应该感谢什么?

Well, first, let’s be thankful for democracy itself. In this…in this last election, the one that just took place, we’ve seen record numbers of Americans exercise their most sacred right – that of the vote – to register their will at the ballot box.  

首先,让我们感谢民主本身。在这次......刚刚举行的最后一次选举中,我们看到创纪录的美国人行使了他们在投票箱登记遗嘱的最神圣的权利——投票权。

Think about that. In the middle of a pandemic, more people voted this year than have ever voted in the history of the United States of America. Over 150 million people cast a ballot. Simply extraordinary. Many waiting in line, five, six, seven, eight hours to vote.

想想看。在疫情期间,今年投票的人数比美利坚合众国历史上任何时候都多。超过1.5亿人投了票。简直太不寻常了。许多人排队等候,五、六、七、八个小时投票。

If you want to know what beats deep in the heart of America, it’s this: democracy.

如果你想知道美国内心深处的跳动是什么,那就是:民主。

The right to determine our lives, our government, and our leaders. The right to be heard.  

决定我们生活、政府的权利。表达意见的权利。

Our democracy was tested this year. And what we learned is this: The people of this nation are up to the task.

我们的民主今年受到了考验。我们学到的是:这个国家的人民可以胜任这项任务。

In America, we have full and fair and free elections, and then we honor the results. The people of this nation and the laws of the land won’t stand for anything else.

在美国,我们有充分、公平和自由的选举,然后我们尊重选举结果。这个国家的人民和这个国家的法律不会代表任何其他东西。

Through the vote – the noblest instrument of nonviolent protest ever conceived – we remained anew and we are reminded anew that progress is possible.  

通过投票——有史以来最崇高的非暴力抗议工具——我们保持了新的状态,并再次提醒我们,取得进展是可能的。

That “We the People”…“We the People” have the power to change what Jefferson called “the course of human events.”

“我们人民”......“我们人民”有能力改变杰斐逊所谓的“人类事件进程”。

That with our hearts and our hands and our voices, today, we can be better than yesterday, and tomorrow, we can be still better than that day.

用我们的心、双手和声音,今天,我们可以比昨天更好,明天,我们仍然可以比今天更好。

You know, we should be thankful, too, that America is a covenant and an unfolding story.

你知道,我们也应该感谢,美国是一个契约的国家,一个正在展开的故事。

We have what we need to create prosperity, opportunity and justice: Americans have grit and generosity, a capacity for greatness and reservoirs of goodness.  

我们拥有创造繁荣、机会和正义所需要的东西:美国人有勇气和慷慨,有伟大的能力和善良的宝库。

We have what it takes. Now we have to act.

我们拥有它所需要的一切。现在我们必须采取行动。

This is our moment – ours together – to write a newer, bolder, more compassionate chapter in the life of our nation. The work ahead is not going to be easy. It will not be quick.

这是我们共同在国家生活中写下更新、更大胆、更富有同情心的篇章的时刻。前面的工作并不容易。不会很快。

You want solutions, not shouting. Reason, not hyper-partisanship.  Light, not heat.

你想要解决方案,而不是大喊大叫。理性,而不是超党派。光,而不是热。

You want us to hear one another again, see one another again, respect one another again.  You want Democrats and Republicans and Independents to come together and work together.

你想让我们再次听到对方的声音,再次见面,再次尊重对方。你想让民主党人、共和党人和独立人士走到一起,共同努力。

And that, my friends, is what I’m determined to do. Americans dream big.  As hard as it may seem this Thanksgiving, we are going to dream big again. Our future is bright. In fact, we’ve never been…I have never been more optimistic about the future of America than I’m right now.

朋友们,这就是我决心要做的。美国人梦想远大。尽管这个感恩节看起来很难,但我们又要梦想成真了。我们的未来是光明的。事实上,我们从未像现在这样对美国的未来感到乐观。

I, honest to God, believe the 21st Century is going to be an American Century.We are going to build an economy that leads the world. We are going to lead the world by the power of our example – not just the example of our power. We are going to lead the world on climate and save this planet. We are going to find cures for cancer and Alzheimer’s and diabetes. I promise you.  We are going to finally root out systemic racism in this country.

老实说,我相信21世纪将是一个美国世纪。我们将建设一个引领世界的经济。我们将以我们榜样的力量引领世界,而不仅仅是我们力量的榜样。我们将在气候上领导世界,拯救这个星球。我们将找到治疗癌症、阿尔茨海默氏症和糖尿病的方法。我向你保证。我们将最终根除这个国家的系统性种族主义。

On this Thanksgiving, and in anticipation of all the Thanksgivings to come, let’s dream again.  Let us commit ourselves to thinking not only of ourselves but of others as well.

在这个感恩节,为了迎接即将到来的感恩节,让我们再做一次梦吧。让我们承诺不仅为自己着想,也着想别人。

For if we care for one another – if we open our arms rather than brandish our fists – we can, with the help of God, heal.  

因为如果我们互相关心——如果我们张开双臂,而不是挥舞拳头——我们可以在上帝的帮助下痊愈。

And if we do, and I’m sure we can, we can proclaim with the Psalmist…with the Psalmist who wrote these following words: “The Lord is my strength and my shield…and with my song I give thanks to him.”

如果我们这样做了,我相信我们可以,我们可以与一起高唱赞美诗篇......与写以下这些话的诗篇大师一起宣布:“上帝是我的力量和盾牌......我用我的歌感谢他。”

I give thanks now: for you, for the trust you’ve placed in me.

我现在要感谢你们,感谢你们对我的信任。

Together, we will lift our voices in the coming months and years, and our song shall be of lives saved, breaches repaired, a nation made whole again.

在未来的几个月和几年里,我们将一起提高我们的声音,我们的歌声将拯救生命,修复裂缝,一个重新成为一个完整的国家。

Folks, from the Biden family to yours, wherever and however you may be celebrating, we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.

朋友们,从拜登家族到你们的家人,无论你们在哪里庆祝,我们都祝你感恩节快乐。

May God bless you, and may God protect our troops.

愿上帝保佑你,愿上帝保佑我们的军队。

Happy Thanksgiving.

感恩节快乐。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-12-6 09:36:06 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-12-7 10:15:32 | 显示全部楼层
美国当选总统拜登感恩节演讲
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-12-12 11:03:17 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢你的分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-12-15 08:43:31 | 显示全部楼层
让我康康
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-12-17 11:10:55 | 显示全部楼层
kkkklllllllll
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-12-22 17:43:21 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享~
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-12-24 14:53:59 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-1-3 16:33:30 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-1-6 19:19:11 | 显示全部楼层
i want to download the video
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 09:31 , Processed in 0.054368 second(s), 21 queries .