——纪念北京世界妇女大会25周年暨全球妇女峰会5周年座谈会致辞
2020年9月16日

各位嘉宾、各位朋友:

Distinguished guests,
Dear friends,

大家好!

Greetings to you all!

今年是北京世界妇女大会召开二十五周年和全球妇女峰会召开五周年,也是中国决胜全面建成小康社会、决战脱贫攻坚之年。

This year marks the 25th anniversary of the Fourth World Conference on Women (Beijing Conference) and the 5th anniversary of the Global Leaders’ Meeting on Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment. It is also the target year for China to complete the building of a moderately prosperous society and eradicate absolute poverty.

在此背景下,全国妇联同联合国妇女署合作举办二十一世纪人类消除贫困事业与妇女的作用座谈会,很有意义。借此机会,我谨向会议表示祝贺,向各位嘉宾致以诚挚的问候。

In this context, today's meeting, co-organized by the All-China Women's Federation and UN Women and themed “Women and Poverty Reduction in the 21st Century” is of special significance. I wish to take this opportunity to extend my warmest congratulations on this meeting and my best regards to the distinguished guests.

北京世妇会和全球妇女峰会都是妇女发展事业的重要里程碑。二十五年前,北京世妇会通过了北京宣言和行动纲领,对保障妇女权利、实现妇女解放和进步产生了深远的影响,为各国推动性别平等提供了行动指南。

Both the Beijing Conference and Global Leaders’ Meeting are important milestones in women's development. Twenty-five years ago, the Beijing conference adopted the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action. These two documents had a far-reaching impact on the protection of women's rights and the advancement and empowerment of women, and provided action guidelines for countries to promote gender equality.

五年前,中国和联合国妇女署共同举办全球妇女峰会,习主席主持会议并发表讲话,与会八十多国领导人承诺采取积极行动促进性别平等和妇女全面发展,为落实北京宣言和行动纲领擘画了新的蓝图。

Five years ago, China and UN Women co-hosted the Global Leaders’ Meeting. President Xi chaired the meeting and delivered a speech. More than 80 global leaders attending the meeting pledged to take action to promote gender equality and women's all-round development. A new blueprint was drawn up for implementing the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action.

二十五年来,世界各国大力推进北京宣言和行动纲领愿景建设。全球妇女事业取得积极进展,男女平等共识日益增强,推动妇女发展行动更加有力,妇女生存发展环境不断改善。

Over the past 25 years, countries around the world have taken big steps to turn the vision outlined in the two documents into reality, thus advancing the welfare of women around the world. Consensus for greater gender equality is growing; more vigorous actions are being taken to promote women's development; and the environment for women to live and thrive keeps improving.

中国一直是全球妇女发展和减贫事业的积极倡导者和有力的推动者。今年中国将实现现行标准下的农村贫困人口全部脱贫,提前十年实现联合国2030年可持续发展议程的减贫目标。这是对人类进步事业做出的重大贡献。

China has stayed active in advocating and advancing the global course of development for women and poverty reduction.This year, China will lift out of poverty all of its rural residents living below the current poverty line, meeting the SDG targets on poverty reduction 10 years ahead of schedule. This will be a major contribution to the progress of mankind.

中国积极致力于贫困妇女脱贫发展,在经济发展、就业创业、文化教育、社会保障、卫生健康、慈善公益等方面采取一系列政策措施,取得显著成果。在中国七亿多脱贫人口中,妇女约占一半。中国许多妇女积极响应国家扶贫攻坚号召,不仅实现自身脱贫发展,还带动他人致富奔小康,在中国减贫事业中发挥了半边天作用。

China is committed to alleviating poverty for women. A series of policy measures have been taken for that purpose covering economic development, employment and entrepreneurship, cultural programs and education, social security, health and charity programs. Notable results have been achieved. Out of the over 700 million Chinese lifted out of poverty, half of them are women. Many Chinese women have responded to the call of their country to eradicate absolute poverty. They have not only graduated from poverty themselves, but also helped others pursue a better life. In China's poverty reduction endeavors, women are truly “holding up half the sky”.

我担任联合国教科文组织促进女童和妇女教育特使,还担任世界卫生组织结核病和艾滋病防治亲善大使。曾到访许多国家和地区,就消除妇女贫困、促进妇女发展,同各国各界人士,特别是许多自强不息、从贫困中走出来的杰出女性进行交流,我深深感到妇女不仅是消除贫困的受益者,更是参与者和贡献者。全球减贫事业取得重大成就,凝结着广大妇女的辛劳、汗水和奋斗。

In my capacity as UNESCO Special Envoy for the Advancement of Girls’ and Women's Education and WHO Goodwill Ambassador for TB and HIV/ADIS, I have visited different countries and regions, and talked with people of different nationalities and backgrounds on poverty eradication and empowerment for women. I am especially impressed by my exchanges with many outstanding women who have walked out of poverty with their own strength and resilience. I strongly believe that women are not just beneficiaries of poverty reduction programs. More importantly, women are participants and contributors. For all the major achievements in poverty reduction worldwide, the toil and endeavor of women are to be recognized.

同时我们也要看到,男女在权力、机会、资源分配等方面依然不平等。全球贫困人口中的女性数量远远多于男性。新冠肺炎疫情给妇女脱贫、教育、健康、就业、权益保护带来新的挑战。妇女不脱贫,人类就不可能消除贫困。实现性别平等、消除贫困任重道远,需要我们付出艰苦的努力。

It must be noted, however, that inequality still exists between men and women in terms of rights, opportunities and access to resources. Globally, far more women are living in poverty than men. On top of that, COVID-19 has brought new challenges to women in poverty reduction, education, health, employment and protection of rights. Poverty for women is poverty for mankind. Gender equality and power eradication remain two daunting tasks that require our strenuous efforts.

在此我呼吁各国各界人士积极行动,为妇女提供平等、优质的教育,确保妇女拥有平等就业机会,推动妇女事业和经济社会事业同步发展,保障妇女基本卫生医疗服务,解决妇女因病致贫、因病返贫问题,构建和谐、包容的社会文化。消除对妇女的歧视和偏见,使广大妇女都能享有美好、幸福的生活。

Here I want to call on people in different countries and different sectors to take action: First, to give women equal access to quality education and job opportunities so that women's development will go in tandem with social and economic progress. Second, to ensure basic health and medical services to women so that no women will be impoverished or relapse into poverty because of medical costs. Third, to foster a harmonious and inclusive social environment free from discrimination and prejudice against women so that all women will enjoy a better and happy life.

让我们弘扬北京世妇会和全球妇女峰会的精神,携手同心,为推动构建人类命运共同体而不懈奋斗。

Let us continue to be inspired by the Beijing Conference and the Global Leaders’ Meeting. Let us work tirelessly for a community with a shared future for mankind!

谢谢大家。

Thank you.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-22 09:27:57 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢 分享。。。。。。。。。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-22 20:52:01 | 显示全部楼层
2020纪念北京世界妇女大会25周年
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-23 11:15:03 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-23 11:34:18 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-23 13:34:42 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-23 13:42:51 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-23 18:53:07 | 显示全部楼层
感谢楼主分享宝贵的资料。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-23 19:22:24 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-23 19:52:55 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢氛围
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-4-17 03:43 , Processed in 0.049769 second(s), 19 queries .