[时政] 2019-12-25 英国女王伊丽莎白2019年圣诞致辞

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2019-12-25 23:21:00 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
回帖查看视频及双语文本下载链接:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

As a child, I never imagined that one day a man would walk on the moon. Yet this year we marked the 50th anniversary of the famous Apollo 11 mission.

在我小时候,我从未想过有一天人类能在月球上行走。然而,今年我们共同庆祝了阿波罗登月50周年。

As those historic pictures were beamed back to Earth, millions of us sat transfixed to our television screens, as we watched Neil Armstrong taking a small step for man and a giant leap for mankind - and, indeed, for womankind. It's a reminder for us all that giant leaps often start with small steps.

当这些历史性的照片被传回地球时,我们数百万人呆呆地坐在电视机前,看着尼尔•阿姆斯特朗个人的一小步、人类的一大步——实际上,也是女性的一大步。这提醒我们所有人,巨大的飞跃往往始于一小步。

This year we marked another important anniversary: D-Day. On 6th June 1944, some 156,000 British, Canadian and American forces landed in northern France. It was the largest ever seabourne invasion and was delayed due to bad weather.

今年还是诺曼底登陆的75周年。1944年6月6日,约15.6万英国、加拿大和美国军队在法国北部登陆。这是有史以来最大规模的海上入侵,而且由于恶劣的天气而被推迟。

I well remember the look of concern on my father's face. He knew the secret D-Day plans but could of course share that burden with no one.

我清楚地记得当时父亲脸上关切的表情。他知道这个秘密的登陆计划,但他不能和任何人分享这个负担。

For the 75th anniversary of that decisive battle, in a true spirit of reconciliation, those who had formally been sworn enemies came together in friendly commemorations either side of the Channel, putting past differences behind them.

正值那场决定性战役75周年之际,本着真正的和解精神,那些以前不共戴天的敌人走到一起,以友好的方式进行纪念,放下过去的分歧。

Such reconciliation seldom happens overnight. It takes patience and time to rebuild trust, and progress often comes through small steps.

这种和解很少在一夜之间发生。重建信任需要耐心和时间,而进展往往是通过向前迈出一小步实现的。

Since the end of the Second World War, many charities, groups and organisations have worked to promote peace and unity around the world, bringing together those who have been on opposing sides.

自从第二次世界大战结束以来,许多慈善机构、团体和组织致力于促进世界各地的和平与团结,把对立的各方团结在一起。

By being willing to put past differences behind us and move forward together, we honour the freedom and democracy once won for us at so great a cost.

我们愿意把过去的分歧抛在脑后,共同前进,我们尊重曾经以巨大代价而赢得的自由和民主。

The challenges many people face today may be different to those once faced by my generation, but I have been struck by how new generations have brought a similar sense of purpose to issues such as protecting our environment and our climate.

现在,人们面临的挑战可能与我们那一代人面临的挑战不同,但令我惊讶的是,年轻一代在保护环境和气候等问题上表现出了强烈的使命感。

My family and I are also inspired by the men and women of our emergency services and armed forces; and at Christmas we remember all those on duty at home and abroad, who are helping those in need and keeping us and our families safe and secure.

同时,我和家人也深受我们国家紧急服务机构和武装部队的鼓舞。在圣诞节,我们记挂着那些在国内外坚守岗位的人们,他们帮助那些困难中的人们,保障我们和家人的安全。

Two hundred years on from the birth of my great, great grandmother, Queen Victoria, Prince Philip and I have been delighted to welcome our eighth great grandchild into our family.

在我曾曾祖母——维多利亚女王诞辰200年之际,我和菲利普亲王很高兴迎来了我们的第八个曾孙。

Of course, at the heart of the Christmas story lies the birth of a child: a seemingly small and insignificant step overlooked by many in Bethlehem.

当然,圣诞故事的核心就是一个孩子的诞生——耶稣的诞生。一个看似微不足道的一步,却被伯利恒(耶稣诞生地)的许多人忽视了。

But in time, through his teaching and by his example, Jesus Christ would show the world how small steps taken in faith and in hope can overcome long-held differences and deep-seated divisions to bring harmony and understanding.

但随着时间的推移,耶稣基督通过循循善诱向世界表明,传播信仰和希望途中的一点一滴可以减少长期存在和根深蒂固的分歧,从而带来和谐和理解。

Many of us already try to follow in his footsteps. The path, of course, is not always smooth, and may at times this year have felt quite bumpy, but small steps can make a world of difference.

我们中的很多人已经开始追随他的脚步。当然,道路不总是一帆风顺,虽然坎坷难料,但和谐与理解可以战胜分歧,前进的小小的步伐也能改变世界。

As Christmas dawned, church congregations around the world joined in singing It Came Upon The Midnight Clear. Like many timeless carols, it speaks not just of the coming of Jesus Christ into a divided world, many years ago, but also of the relevance, even today, of the angel's message of peace and goodwill.

在圣诞节到来之际,世界各地的教堂会众一起唱起了《在晴朗午夜降临》。像许多永恒的颂歌一样,它不仅讲述了多年前耶稣基督在分裂的世界降临的故事,还暗示我们,即使在今天,天使所传达的和平与善意仍然意义重大。

"It's a timely reminder of what positive things can be achieved when people set aside past differences and come together in the spirit of friendship and reconciliation. And, as we all look forward to the start of a new decade, it's worth remembering that it is often the small steps, not the giant leaps, that bring about the most lasting change.

这提示我们,当人们放下过去的分歧,本着友谊与和解的精神走到一起时,可以取得哪些积极的成果。当我们都在期待崭新的十年时,需要记住的是,带来最持久变化的往往是一小步,而不是一大步。

And so, I wish you all a very happy Christmas.

祝愿你们所有人圣诞节快乐。
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
发表于 2019-12-26 10:27:58 | 只看该作者
thank you for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2019-12-26 15:24:15 | 只看该作者
英国女王伊丽莎白2019年圣诞致辞
回复

使用道具 举报

地板
发表于 2019-12-26 21:35:56 | 只看该作者
圣诞致辞
回复

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2019-12-27 08:33:06 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2019-12-27 09:10:02 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2019-12-27 17:41:53 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2019-12-27 19:47:04 | 只看该作者
感谢楼主~
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2019-12-28 13:58:57 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2019-12-28 15:26:28 来自手机 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 17:06 , Processed in 0.051390 second(s), 18 queries .