点击购买获取口译网网站注册邀请码口译自己怎么练 微信就能天天练!独家口译教学训练备考实战精华语料库关注口译网公众号 订阅最新口译资料
查看: 21141|回复: 24

[时政] 2019-09-09 英国下议院议长宣布卸任演讲

[复制链接]
发表于 2019-9-15 12:38:07 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
回帖下载视频及双语文本:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Colleagues, I would like to make a personal statement to the House. At the 2017 election, I promised my wife and children that it would be my last. This is a pledge that I intend to keep.

各位同事,我想向下议院做个人陈述。在2017年的选举中,我答应我的妻子和孩子,这将是我最后一次担任议长。我打算遵守我的承诺。

If the House votes tonight for an early general election, my tenure as Speaker and MP will end when this Parliament ends. If the House does not so vote, I have concluded that the least disruptive and most democratic course of action would be for me to stand down at the close of business on Thursday, October 31.

如果下议院今晚投票表决支持提前举行大选,我作为议长和议员的任期将随着本届议会终止而结束。如果众议院做出相反的表决,我认为对我来说,能让负面影响最小化和民主精神最大化的是,我将在10月31日周四工作结束后正式卸任。

Least disruptive because that date will fall shortly after the votes on the Queen’s Speech expected on 21st and 22nd October. The week or so after that may be quite lively and it would be best to have an experienced figure in the chair for that short period.

之所以说负面影响最小,是因为该日期就在女王议会开幕演讲后不久,预期10月21日或22日。接下来那一周,辩论可能会非常激烈,最好在那段短暂的时间内由一位经验丰富的人主持议事大局。

Most democratic, because it will mean that a ballot is held when all members have some knowledge of the candidates. This is far preferable to a contest at the beginning of a parliament, when new MPs will not be similarly informed and may find themselves vulnerable to undue institutional influence.

之所以说民主最大化,是因为对议长候选人了解更为深入后再进行投票选举,这比在议会开慕之初便进行议长选举要好得多,因为新上任的议员并不清楚情况,也更容易受到过多的制度性影响。

We would not want anyone to be whipped senseless, would we? Throughout my time as speaker, I have sought to increase the relative authority of this legislature for which I will make absolutely no apology to anyone, anywhere, at any time. To deploy a perhaps dangerous phrase: I have also sought to be the backbenchers’ backstop.

我们都不希望议员收到投票指令,被党鞭左右,对吧?在我任议长期间,我一直竭尽所能强化这一立法机构的权威性,对此,我问心无愧,无论何时何地,对何人何事,我都坦坦荡荡。说句可能有些危险的话:我也一直致力于成为后排议员的坚强后盾。

I could not do so without the support of a small but superb team in Speakers’ House. The wider House staff, my Buckingham constituents and above all, my wife Sally and our three children, Oliver, Freddie and Jemima. From the bottom of my heart, I thank them all profusely.

我之所以能做到这些,首先要归功于议长背后团队强有力的支持,还有下议院全体工作人员,以及我的白金汉区所有选民。最重要的是,要感谢我的妻子莎莉和我们的三个孩子:奥利弗,弗雷迪和杰迈玛。从内心深处,我非常感谢他们。

I could also not have served without the repeated support of this House and its members past and present. This is a wonderful place filled overwhelmingly by people who are motivated by their notion of the national interest, by their perception of the public good and by their duty not as democrats, but as representatives to do what they believe is right for our country. We degrade this parliament at our peril.

此外,我还要感谢下议院长期以来一直支持我的各位议员。这个伟大的地方,聚集着一群伟大的人,他们怀揣着对国家的使命感来到这里,为国家利益和公共福祉殚精竭虑,他们不是作为会议代表履行职责,而是作为人民的代表,践行着有益于国家的行动。任意剥夺议会尊严都是极其危险的。

I have served as a member of parliament for 22 years and for the last ten as speaker. This has been – let me put it explicitly – the greatest privilege, an honour of my professional life for which I will be eternally grateful. I wish my successor in the chair the very best fortune in standing up for the rights of all Hon. and Right Hon. Members, individually and for parliament institutionally as the Speaker of the House of Commons. Thank you.

我担任下议院议员22年,最近10年一直担任议长。这是 - 让我明确地说 - 这是我职业生涯无上的荣耀,我将永远感激。我希望我的继任者未来一切顺利,作为下议院议长坚定捍卫每一位议员的权利,以及议会的权威与尊严。谢谢。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-9-15 21:51:14 | 显示全部楼层
英国下议院议长宣布卸任演讲
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-9-15 21:52:55 | 显示全部楼层
英国下议院议长宣布卸任演讲
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-9-16 14:54:57 | 显示全部楼层
英国下议院议长宣布卸任演讲
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-9-16 16:28:47 | 显示全部楼层

英国下议院议长宣布卸任演讲
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-9-16 19:51:13 | 显示全部楼层

谢谢分享!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-9-24 19:50:32 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-9-25 10:26:29 | 显示全部楼层
英国下议院议长宣布卸任演讲
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-9-26 09:31:25 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-9-29 14:54:10 | 显示全部楼层
thanks for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-4-16 17:41 , Processed in 0.051114 second(s), 19 queries .