点击购买获取口译网网站注册邀请码口译自己怎么练 微信就能天天练!独家口译教学训练备考实战精华语料库关注口译网公众号 订阅最新口译资料
查看: 24308|回复: 24

[文教] 2019-05-01 华裔女星刘玉玲好莱坞星光大道授星仪式演讲

[复制链接]
发表于 2019-5-7 23:59:32 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音

↓回帖下载视频及双语全文↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Thanks for being here today, everyone. What a thrill!

感谢大家今天能来到这里。我太激动了!

Ria Jimmy, thank you for your generous kind words. I cherished our friendship.

利亚·吉米,感谢你慷慨的赞美之词,我非常珍视我们的友谊。

My dear Angels. It's a 20-year reunion. Twenty years ago, we were an elite crime-fighting team, and now look at us.

我的天使们,这是我们相隔二十年后再次见面。二十年前,我们是一支打击犯罪的精英队伍,再来看看我们现在的样子。

My dear friends, there's so many to name and I'll thank you in person later.

我有太多朋友,无法一一提及他们的名字,稍后我会当面感谢你们。

But I'm very grateful that you made the trip out here. Everyone came from all different places in the United States to be here. I have to say that I am completely overwhelmed by the love and the support of my friends, family, my fans.

但我真的很感谢你们今天能到场,每个人都从美国各地赶到这里,我觉得自己今天完全要被朋友家人和粉丝们的爱和支持淹没了。

I want to thank the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and the Walk of Fame Committee for bestowing this everlasting honor on me. And even though this star has my name on it, it is actually the result of the hard work of many brilliant writers directors actors and crew who elevated me and helped me shine.

我要感谢好莱坞商会和星光大道委员会将这份永恒的荣耀赐予我。尽管这颗星星上只写了我的名字,但这实际上是许多优秀作家、导演、演员和工作人员共同努力的结果,是他们让我不断上升,让我变得更加耀眼。

For the last seven years, CBS has welcomed me into their family. I can't express my gratitude enough to Kelly Carl, David Staff, Peter Golden for being my champions.

在过去的七年里,CBS一直欢迎我加入他们的大家庭。凯利·卡尔 大卫·斯塔夫和彼得·戈尔登是我的同僚,我无法用言语表达出我对他们的感激之情。

So when I moved to Los Angeles, I actually lived on Vine Street. So it's thrilling to have Anna May Wong as who is the first Asian-American actress as my neighbor. A hundred years ago, she was a pioneer while enduring racism marginalization and exclusion. We could actually start our own little Chinatown right here. What do you think?

当我要搬到洛杉矶时,我实际上就是住在藤街上。我很激动能和黄柳霜的毗邻,她是第一位亚裔美国女演员。在一百年前,她是一个先行者,忍受着当时种族主义带来的边缘化和排斥。我们可以在这里建一条我们自己的唐人街,觉得这个主意怎么样?

So sometimes people talk about my mainstream successes as groundbreaking for an Asian. But Asians have been making movies for a long time. They just weren't making them here, because we weren't yet invited to the table.

有时候人们会说,我在主流社会获得的成功对亚洲人来说是开创性的。但其实亚洲人拍电影已经有很长一段时间了,只是他们不在这里拍电影,因为我们未被邀请参与进来。

I was lucky that trailblazers like Anna May Wong and Bruce Lee came before me. If my body of work somehow helped bridge the gap between stereotypical roles first given to Anna May and mainstream success today, I am thrilled to have been part of that process.

我很幸运,在我之前有像黄柳霜和李小龙这样的先行者。如果我的作品在某种程度上帮助弥合了最初赋予黄柳霜的刻板角色与如今亚裔获得的主流成功之间的鸿沟,我很高兴能成为这个进程中的一部分。

At the time I started on Ally McBeal, it was rare to get a glimpse of any diversity on screen. David Kelley who is here today took a risk by creating Ling Woo and helped break the glass ceiling. David, thank you for taking a chance on me.

在我拍摄《甜心俏佳人》时,当时很难在屏幕上看到多样性的存在。《甜心俏佳人》的制片人大卫·凯利今天也在现场。他冒险创造了Ling这个角色,帮助打破了压制多样性的天花板。大卫,谢谢你给了我这个机会。

I would not be here today if my parents hadn't emigrated from China in pursuit of better opportunities. We grew up without much at all. And even though my parents dealt with so many roadblocks, they never gave up. I am grateful to them for overcoming tremendous obstacles as they created a life for us here in the United States.

如果我的父母没有从中国移民过来,我今天就不会站在这里。他们为了追求更好的机会来到美国。我成长的过程中,我们家在物质方面十分匮乏。尽管我的父母遇到了很多障碍,他们也从未放弃,我非常感谢他们能够克服这些巨大的障碍,在美国为我们创造了这样的生活。

Their survival instincts, perseverance and determination were passed on to me and my siblings Jenny and John who are both here today.

他们的生存本能,坚持不懈的精神和决心,都传递给了我和我的兄弟姐妹,珍妮和约翰,他们今天也都在场。

I want to acknowledge my brother John and his unwavering support. He never questioned my career choice, even when the prospects of earning a living as an actress seemed insurmountable.

我要感谢我的兄弟约翰一直以来他都坚定地支持着我,他从来没有质疑过我的职业选择,即使是在当演员谋生的前景似乎有着不可逾越的障碍的时候。

He let me stay in his tiny matchbox studio apartment in the village where he already had a roommate, no kitchen and maybe one chair. John worked full-time, slept on the floor while I slept in his bunk bed and helped me pay off my college debt, while I worked three jobs and went out on whatever auditions I could scrounge up.

他让我住在他乡下小小的火柴盒公寓里,这么小个房子里已经住了一位室友,没有厨房,好像还只有一把椅子。约翰当时做着全职工作,晚上睡在地板上,而我睡在他的双层床上。他帮我还清了大学贷款,那个时候我打着三份工,然后去参加任何我能找到的试镜。

My dream was just to find work as an actress. I just wanted to act. I didn't see any difference between myself and the mainstream world I lived in. So I didn't think America would see one either. Well that was a bit of a miscalculation. I heard so many more noes then I heard yeses.

我的梦想就是当一名演员。我只是想要演戏。我看不出自己和我所生活的主流世界有什么不同。所以我认为在美国也不会存在着不同。当然,我发现自己有点失算了。我听到的拒绝要比同意多太多。

I'm lucky enough to have someone in my corner who does not take no for an answer. My manager of almost three decades Mary Anne Mulcahy has been my dear friend and staunch defender. She's been there every step of the way to steer my life and career. Mary Ellen, I love you. And I had to take this moment to express how much you mean to me

我很幸运在我的身边有一个不接受否定回答的人。她是玛丽莲·马尔卡希,已经做了我将近三十年的经纪人。一直以来,她都是我最亲爱的朋友,也是我坚定的守护者。她一直引导着我生活和职业生涯的每一步。玛丽·埃伦,我爱你。我必须在这个时刻表达对我来说你有多么重要。

I share today with my son Rockwell. Being three-and-a-half he constant he's constantly curious. One day he asked me, “What does a soul look like? ” I was so touched by the simplicity of his question. I told him, “You can't see it, but you can imagine it to be anything you want it to be.”

我和我的儿子洛克威尔共同分享今天的这一时刻,他是一个三岁半的小孩,对一切都充满好奇。有一天他问我“灵魂长什么样?”我被这个很单纯的问题深深打动了。我告诉他,“你看不到灵魂,但只要你敢于想象,它就可以是任何东西。”

Everyone wants to see someone that they relate to. Today there is so much more representation on screen. Now he can see himself in this world and he won't know there's a limit.

每个人都希望能见到可以和他们产生共鸣的人。如今,我们的银幕已经越来越多样化了。现在,我的儿子也可以在这个世界上看到他自己,而且他将知道再也不会有任何的限制。

I never set out to be groundbreaking. I didn't have the goal of being a first. I just knew I wanted to do what I loved. I'm still excited about this business every single day.

我从来没有想过要做开创性的人物,也从来没有过要成为第一人的目标。我只是单纯的在做自己热爱的事物,现在我仍然为这份事业感到兴奋。

Over the course of my career, I have learned that the specific things that made me feel like an outsider were actually the biggest contributors to my success. This industry has afforded me the opportunity to grow as a human being and discover more and more of what I am capable of.

回顾我的职业生涯,我发现恰好是那些让我感觉自己是个局外人的事物成为了我成功道路上最大的贡献者。演艺这个行业教会我做人和成长,让我发现越来越多我能做的事情。

I truly feel humbled and privileged to be recognized for doing what I love with people I admire, and for the best fans on earth.

我真的感到十分谦卑和荣幸,能被大家所认可,和我敬佩的人一起从事我所爱的事业,还拥有着世界上最棒的粉丝。

This dream fulfilling honor I am receiving today affirms that anyone who feels like an outsider can take her place among the stars

今天我所实现的这个充满了荣誉的梦想,告诉了那些觉得自己是局外人的人,她能在群星之中占有一席之地。

Thank you very much. I am so thrilled.

谢谢大家。我真的非常激动。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-5-11 08:35:11 | 显示全部楼层
学习一下
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-5-14 17:10:47 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-9-26 00:18:48 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-10-5 10:24:24 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
see see see see
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-10-15 10:47:25 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-10-17 11:08:52 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-10-21 22:35:57 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-10-24 14:56:57 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-10-24 16:00:17 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 17:34 , Processed in 0.050667 second(s), 19 queries .