查看: 31831|回复: 42
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[环境] 2019-04-04 英国查尔斯王子在“我们的星球”首映式上的致辞

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2019-4-24 23:26:54 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
当地时间2019年4月4日,Netflix 最新纪录片《我们的星球》(Our Planet)全球首映礼在伦敦自然历史博物馆举行,英国威尔士亲王查尔斯王子携两个儿子威廉和哈里参加首映礼。

作为英国世界自然基金会的主席,查尔斯王子在首映式上发表致辞。查尔斯一直很关注环保事业,这是他最引以为傲的谈资。在首映仪式上,71岁的查尔斯王子侃侃而谈,并带着一些幽默,言语间经常会提到自己的两个儿子。他感谢了大卫·阿滕伯勒爵士为保护自然界作出的贡献,同时表示没想到威廉王子和哈里王子也会关注自己一直在做的环保事业。

《我们的星球》是由 Netflix 与世界自然基金会联合打造的8集4K格式纪录片,该片耗时四年,由《地球脉动》、《蓝色星球》拍摄团队联合打造,参与制作的工作人员达600余名。从北极极地到广袤荒漠,从深邃大海到热带雨林,制作组深入各个自然保护区,踏访50余个国家与地区,用4K摄影机记录下世界各地生物与生态环境的方方面面。纪录片一经上线,便创下了超高播放量,更引发了人们对保护自然、保护我们赖以生存的唯一星球的再次关注。

以下为查尔斯王子在《我们的星球》(Our Planet)全球首映礼上发表的致辞视频及英汉双语对照全文:

↓回帖查看视频播放密码↓
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

↓回帖下载视频及双语全文↓
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Speech by HRH The Prince of Wales at the “Our Planet” Premiere
Natural History Museum, London
4 April 2019

威尔士亲王在“我们的星球”首映式上的致辞
伦敦自然历史博物馆
2019年4月4日

Secretaries of State, Ladies and Gentlemen, I must say I was enormously touched to have been asked here this evening, along with both my sons, to launch this really remarkable series. It is also a much-awaited opportunity to pay tribute to, and thank, Sir David Attenborough, for all he has done over so many years to bring the wonder, the fascination and, increasingly, the desperate plight of the natural world to our attention.

国务大臣,女士们,先生们,我必须说我非常感动,能够在今晚和我的两个儿子被邀请参加这一杰出剧集的发布。同时,我终于获得期待已久的机会能够向大卫·阿滕伯勒爵士致敬,感谢他多年来所做的一切,为我们带来了自然世界的奇迹和魅力,并引起我们对大自然受到越来越多的绝望困境的关注。

Above all, he has done so much to lift the veil of ignorance from our eyes about the intricate and integrated beauty of our home. The film of “Our Planet”, so astonishingly crafted by Silverback Films and with the support of WWF and Netflix, will, I pray, help to provide an essential means of reaching and teaching hundreds of millions of people around the world. Education about what we have, what we have destroyed and what can and must be regenerated could not be more timely or more urgently needed.

更重要的是,他的付出展示了我们的地球家园错综复杂与完美和谐。“我们的星球”由银背影业倾力打造,得到了世界自然基金会和Netflix的大力支持,我相信,它会触及和教育全世界数亿人。教育人们了解我们所拥有,我们已摧毁,以及我们能够而且必须及早尽快恢复的一切。

I must say I often wonder why we have waited so long to take the action we were so evidently required to do. Fifty years ago – as it happens about the same time I made my first speech about the environment – the space flight Apollo 8 took “Earth Rise”, the photograph that showed for the first time the incomparable beauty – and fragility – of our planet. Surely, one might have thought, we would have known then the responsibility we had, that we had to do…what we had to do and the perilous path along which we were treading.

我必须说,我经常想知道为什么我们总是等了很长时间才采取行动,这些显然是我们早就本应该做的。五十年前 - 正好在我发表关于环境的第一次演讲时候 - 阿波罗8号拍摄了“地球升起”,这张照片首次展示了我们星球无与伦比的美丽,以及它的脆弱。当然,人们可能已经想到,我们当时就知道我们应该承担的责任,我们必须做的......我们必须做的事情以及我们正在走的危险道路。

But, since that time, we have cleared fifty percent of the world’s rainforests, destroyed fifty percent of our coral reefs, poisoned our rivers – and, indeed, whole swathes of the Ocean with the run-off from industrialized agriculture – and have dumped hundreds of millions of tons of plastic into the Oceans as well.

但是,从那时起,我们已经砍伐了世界上一半的热带雨林,摧毁了一半的珊瑚礁,毒害了我们的河流 - 实际上,整个海洋的大部分地区都是工业化农业的排放物 - 并且已经倾倒了数亿吨塑料进入海洋。

And, of course, in doing so we have instigated, as Sir David also said just now, the world’s sixth mass extinction event and have accelerated CO2 emissions to the extent that climate change is now a very real existential threat to our whole civilisation. Welcome, Ladies and Gentlemen, to the Anthropocene, an epoch formed by the impact of Man.

当然,正如大卫爵士刚才所说的那样,我们已经导致了世界上第六次大规模生物灭绝,我们已经导致了二氧化碳排放的加速,以至于气候变化现在对我们整个文明来说是一个非常真实的生存威胁。女士们,先生们,欢迎来到人类世,这是人类影响形成的一个世代。

And perhaps, Ladies and Gentlemen, the greatest crime of all is that we knew what were doing. Informed consent being the basis of democracy, should we not reject informed destruction as the basis of catastrophe? And, it appears, we have only belatedly, partially and somewhat reluctantly come to the realisation that Our Planet does not refer to the “our” of Homo sapiens, but rather to the whole, astounding miracle of life on Earth.

女士们,先生们,也许,最重要的罪行就是我们知道自己在做什么。知情同意是民主的基础,那么我们是否应该拒绝作为灾难基础的知情破坏?并且,看起来,我们只是迟缓地、部分地、还有些不情愿地认识到,“我们的星球”指的并不是作为智人的“我们”,而是地球上所有的生命奇迹。

We share it equally and, as is becoming only too obvious, for our own survival, we desperately need the rest of the Natural World, with which we are intimately inter-connected, but which we have been taught to exploit and dominate as something entirely separate from ourselves.

我们平等的共享我们的星球,但显而易见,我们为了自己的生存,迫切掠取着自然世界的其余部分。大自然与我们每个人密切相关,但我们已经被教导要充分利用和支配自然,将其独立与我们自身而外。

Now I must say it has given me great pride to see how both my sons, in different ways, have taken up the cause of restoring the balance of Nature.

现在我必须说,我感到非常自豪的是,看到我的两个儿子以不同的方式,为恢复自然平衡做出自己的贡献。

When they were much younger, I…I never thought they were paying attention to anything I said at all or did! But when I turned seventy last year, I discovered, to my astonishment, that they had! My sons are both keen to remind me that we know what the problem is, we no longer need permission to act, but the priority is now to focus urgently on finding and implementing solutions. It is also glaringly obvious, as we look around our world, that these solutions need to heal the environment and our societies.  

当他们很小的时候,我......我从未想过他们会关注我所说的任何事情或做过的事情!但是当我去年七十岁的时候,我惊讶地发现他们在听在做!我的儿子们都热切地提醒我,我们知道问题是什么,我们不再需要获得许可才能采取行动,但现在优先考虑的是抓紧寻找和实施解决方案。很明显,当我们环顾世界时,这些解决方案需要能够来治愈我们的环境和社会。

There is much, though, about which we can be hopeful. We can change our behaviour, we can embrace a circular economy, we can embrace renewable energy, we can make soil health the basis of our agriculture, we can meet the Sustainable Development Goal targets on the Ocean and forests, we can regenerate and restore our degraded landscapes, we can ensure that investment reflects the risks inherent in destroying natural capital as well as in climate change, and we can ensure that the infrastructure, on which some $90 trillion is to be spent to the next twenty years, is zero carbon and enhances the lives of those who depend upon it.

尽管如此,我们还是有很多希望。我们可以改变我们的行为,我们可以拥抱循环经济,我们可以拥抱可再生能源,我们可以将土壤健康作为我们农业的基础,我们可以实现海洋和森林的可持续发展目标,我们可以再生和恢复我们正在退化的景观,我们可以确保投资能够反映破坏自然资源和气候变化所带来的风险,我们可以确保在未来20年内花费约90万亿美元建设基础设施,实现二氧化碳零排放并改善人们的生活。

So, not only, Ladies and Gentlemen, do we have the solutions, we also have the money! In other words, the costs of keeping to 1.5 degrees of warming are relatively small and the benefits are enormous, whereas the costs of not doing so are utterly catastrophic. So, what I want to know is how can we possibly sacrifice our children’s and grandchildren’s entire future, let alone the future of all life on this miraculous planet by not doing what we know is required – now? And these self-same children and grandchildren are already raising their voices and demanding action, as you have probably all seen.

所以,女士们,先生们,我们不仅有解决方案,我们还有资金!换句话说,保持1.5度变暖的成本相对较小而效益巨大,而不去这样做的成本则完全是灾难性的。所以,我想知道的是,我们现在怎么能牺牲我们的孩子和子子孙孙,更不必说生存在这个神奇星球的所有生命的整个未来,而不去做我们本应该做的事情呢?正如你们可能已经看到的那样,同是这些孩子和子孙们已经在发出自己的声音,并要求采取行动了。

So, Ladies and Gentlemen, we can do all of these things because we must and, by doing them, we will invest in technologies and activities that will secure employment and prosperity.

所以,女士们,先生们,我们可以做所有这些事情,因为我们必须如此。基于此,我们要投资于确保就业和繁荣的技术和活动。

Climate change and biodiversity loss are not only going to wreak havoc on future generations, they are starting to wreak havoc on us already (particularly, and tragically, on the poorest and most vulnerable) and we have no choice but to be the change we need, for there is nobody else.

气候变化和生物多样性丧失不仅会对后代造成严重破坏,而且已经开始对我们现在造成严重破坏,特别是,不幸的一点,对那些最贫穷和最脆弱的人群,我们别无选择,只能做出我们需要的改变,因为责无旁贷。

And for that to happen, as many people as possible, across all cultures and languages, must understand the natural world and our place within it. We are Nature ourselves. “Our Planet” will be a critical part of that process and I hope and pray that it will catalyse an enduring determination to cherish and protect the Earth, “Our” only home.

为了实现这一目标,应该有尽可能多的人,无论何种文化和语言,都必须了解自然世界和我们在其中的位置。 我们自身就属于大自然。 “我们的星球”将成为这个过程的关键部分,我希望并祈祷它能够激发起我们持久的决心,去珍惜和保护地球——“我们的”唯一家园。

Thank you, Ladies and Gentlemen.

女士们,先生们,谢谢你们。
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
发表于 2019-4-25 16:44:21 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2019-4-25 19:55:19 来自手机 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

地板
发表于 2019-4-25 21:04:17 来自手机 | 只看该作者
想看视频谢谢
回复

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2019-4-25 22:44:12 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2019-4-29 16:46:06 来自手机 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2019-5-2 11:11:47 | 只看该作者
thanks for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2019-5-7 13:04:50 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2019-5-17 08:23:52 | 只看该作者
想看内容
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2019-5-17 08:28:48 | 只看该作者
thanks for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 11:50 , Processed in 0.050074 second(s), 18 queries .