[科技] 2019-02-11 10岁女孩安雅联合国妇女和女童参与科学国际日演讲

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2019-2-21 22:36:17 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
↓回帖查看视频播放密码及下载视频音频全文↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Good morning! My name is Anya Deniz and I would like to talk about STEM education, an era of artificial intelligence.

Today is International Day of Girls and Women in Science and Technology. Today there are still t-shirts and bags at shops that say girls can do anything. When I see those messages, I think to myself -- isn't that obvious?

Of course girls can do anything. It's such a clear truth. Why aren't there t-shirts that say boys can do anything? I hope in my lifetime there will be no need for such things as girls' days and anything. It will just be science and technology day for all.

We read stories about Cinderella's getting rescued by princess and becoming princesses all the time. I never wanted to be a princess who's rescued our princess who's my role model is Her Royal Highness Princess Miss Raine, a scientist in a girls in science advocate whose work puts her in a class even higher than her regal title.

I thank you Princess Miss Raine for giving me this opportunity to share my perspective. I hope to follow in your footsteps.

Thank you for this day and for your dedication to our future, my future. Thank you.

Today I proudly stand before you because some incredible women in history paved the road for me. They already approved those t-shirts of girls can do anything long ago. Mary Curie won not one but two Nobel Prizes, physics and chemistry. But only three women have won physics Nobel Prize in all of history. Of 211 physics Nobel Prize winners, only three were women. The reason we celebrate this day is to make sure that it becomes not a story about exceptional woman but a norm that girls belong and succeed in science and technology.

I was born in Silicon Valley and have grown up with a love for science and innovation. STEM education is not an exception but normal. I build robots and write code to program them as I think about my future. I know I will not just be competing with other girls and boys but also artificial intelligence. It is easy to code a set of commands that are triggered in particulars scenarios.

That's normal programming automation. Artificial intelligence and machine learning are different. Humans are dynamic. We can behave in infinitely more ways to any given situation based on knowledge, past history, instinct and intuition.

Computers can now behave almost like humans. If you give them a set of rules, historical data and the method to choose the right decision, computers can make a very good and sometimes even better choices than us. I do worry about girls in science and technology, but even more about humans and artificial intelligence.

I think a lot about the difference between my intelligence and artificial intelligence. I have feelings, machines don't. If someone punches me, I get mad; if someone punches a machine it can also get mad, because it knows the rules of behavior; if you get punched you're supposed to get mad. It can behave angry but it does not feel anger.

When preparing my speech, I've researched and read about many scientists and how they made their discoveries. They found their answers not just by analyzing data. They sometimes had a gut feeling, faith or intuition. I was going to give a speech about our bleak and scary future with AI taking our jobs and beating us at everything. But then I was so happy that I have feelings, empathy and imagination which machines don't have.

I look around this room and I see girls and boys who care about me. All of us in this room have empathy. We care about each other and children all over the world.

AI may think it's illogical to think we can change the world, but courage, love and empathy are powerful as long as we had speed, data and AI cannot replace us. It can only help us. Have you seen the videos of the Boston Dynamics robot dogs? They react just like real dogs, but when the man kicks one of the dogs to show how good the dogs reflexes are,  it makes me upset just because the dog does not have feelings, there's no reason to mistreat it in a world where my colleagues make the machines. I think we should be kind to them, too.

If we learn to mystery AI which is so much like us our habits can easily trickle to training humans that way too. We need to be mindful of our values.

In the age of AI, God told us to treat other creations kindly. AI is our creation and now we have that godly responsibility to put good purpose in them. My feelings may seem ridiculous to you but in my generation this is natural. When AI can drive cars, answer calls, manage office work and so many things that take our time. I'm quite sure we will come up with bigger and better questions to ponder with great help from my friend AI. We must have strong STEM education to know how to live in a world with AI so we can coexist.

As I say all this I'm slightly ashamed. I live in a different world on the same earth. There are girls struggling to prove that they deserve to go to school. They are still trying to prove that they are equal in their ability with great privilege comes great responsibility we must take action not deliberation.

We must invest in women and girls in science to give more role models to girls. I want to see more than 3 out of 211 physics Nobles in the hands of women. I want to see at least 50% as science and technology companies to be led by a woman. You can bring change bottom-up. We can also bring change of top-down.

This is the top of the world. It is United Nations. You pave the roads for justice and equality. Now let's not leave those roads empty and support every single girl and woman who takes the challenge. So walk that road, invest in girls and women in science.

Thank you.

↓回帖下载视频音频全文↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
发表于 2019-2-22 19:32:42 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2019-3-22 22:24:17 来自手机 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

地板
发表于 2019-3-26 13:55:32 来自手机 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2019-4-8 22:40:26 | 只看该作者
thanks for sharing.
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2019-4-24 15:24:43 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2019-4-25 19:50:32 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2019-4-27 14:42:26 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2019-4-28 21:42:46 | 只看该作者
thank you
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2019-4-29 16:11:05 来自手机 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 22:59 , Processed in 0.052980 second(s), 20 queries .