发表于 2019-1-28 23:35:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
The Garden of Eden is no more
--Speech by Sir David Attenborough at the 25th Annual Crystal Awards

伊甸园已不复存在
- 大卫·爱登堡爵士在第25届年度水晶奖颁奖典礼上的讲话

↓回帖下载英文原声、中文同传完整视频、音频及双语全文↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Thank you, Professor Klaus Schwab, Hilde Schwab and the World Economic Forum for this generous award and inviting me to Davos.

谢谢你,克劳斯·施瓦布教授,希尔德·施瓦布和世界经济论坛给予我是这个慷慨奖项,并邀请我参加达沃斯论坛。

I am quite literally from another age.

我可以说是来自于另一个时代的。

I was born during the Holocene- the name given to the 12,000-year period of climatic stability that allowed humans to settle, farm and create civilisations.

我出生在全新纪——这个12000年的气候稳定时期,它让人类能够定居、耕种和创造文明。

Those conditions fostered our unique minds, giving rise to international trade in ideas as well as good making us the globally-connected species we are today.

这些条件培养了我们独特的思想,促进了国际思想的交流,使我们成为今天这一全球互联的物种。

Much of what will be discussed here is the consequence of that stability.

这里将讨论的大部分内容都是这种稳定性的结果。

Global businesses, international co-operation and the striving for higher ideals these are all possible because for millennia, on a global scale, nature has largely been predictable and stable.

全球企业,国际合作以及追求更高理想之所以成为可能,是因为几千年来在全球范围内自然在很大程度上是可预测和稳定的。

Now in the space of one human lifetime - indeed in the space of my lifetime all that has changed.

现在,在一个人的一生中——实际上是在我的生命空间里,所有这一切都发生了变化。

The Holocene has ended. The Garden of Eden is no more.

全新纪已经结束,伊甸园已不复存在。

We have changed the world so much that scientists say we are now in a new geological age - The Anthropocene - The Age of Humans.

我们已经改变了这个世界,以至于科学家们说我们现在处于一个新的地质时代——人类世——人类时代。

When you think about it, there is perhaps no more unsettling thought. The only conditions modern humans have ever known are changing and changing fast.

当你想到它时,也许没有更多令人不安的想法。现代人类所知道的唯一条件是变化并且快速。

It is tempting and understandable to ignore the evidence and carry on as usual or to be filled with doom and gloom.

忽视这些证据并像往常一样继续生活,或充满悲观失望情绪都是可以理解和诱人的。

But there is also a vast potential for what we might do.

但我们也有很多本可以做的事情。

We need to move beyond guilt or blame and get on with the practical tasks at hand.

我们需要超越内疚或责备,继续完成手头的实际任务。

We did not get to this point deliberately – and it has happened astonishingly quickly.

我们并非刻意变成今天的样子 - 但一切都发生得太快。

When I made my first television programmes most of audiences had never even seen a pangolin - indeed few pangolin had ever seen a TV camera!

当我制作我的第一个电视节目时,大多数观众从未见过穿山甲——实际上很少有穿山甲曾见过电视摄像机!

When in 1979 I made a series tracing the history of life on earth, I was aware of environmental problems but I didn’t imagine we were fundamentally changing nature.

当我在1979年制作了一系列追溯地球生活的历史时,我意识到环境问题,但我没想到我们从根本上改变了自然。

In 1999, whilst making the Blue Planet series about marine life, we filmed coral-bleaching, but I still didn’t appreciate the magnitude of the damage that had already started.

1999年,在制作关于海洋生物的蓝色星球系列时,我们拍摄了珊瑚褪色,但我仍然没有意识到已经开始的伤害严重程度。

Now however we have evidence, knowledge and the ability to share it on a scale unimaginable even just a few years ago.

然而,现在我们有了证据、知识和能力,几年前还无法想象它们可以在如此大范围传播。

Movements and ideas can spread at astonishing speed.

运动和思想现在可以以惊人的速度传播。

The audience for that first series, 60 years ago, was restricted to a few million viewers in southern England.

60年前第一个系列的观众仅限于英格兰南部的几百万观众。

My next series - Our Planet- which is about to be launched, will go instantly to hundreds of millions of people in almost every country on Earth via Netflix.

我的下一个系列——即将推出的“我们的星球”将通过Netflix立即推送给地球上几乎每个国家的数亿人。

And the evidence supporting the series will be free to view by everyone with an internet connection via WWF.

而与该系列相关的证据资料可以由世界自然基金会通过互联网传递给每个人免费查看。

If people can truly understand what is at stake, I believe they will give permission to business and governments to get on with the practical solutions.

如果人们能够真正了解利害关系,我相信他们会允许企业和政府继续实施解决方案。

And as a species we are expert problem-solvers. But we haven’t yet applied ourselves to this problem with the focus it requires.

作为一个物种,我们是解决问题的专家。但是我们还没有将重点放在这个问题上。

We can create a world with clean air and water, unlimited energy, and fish stocks that will sustain us well into the future.

我们可以创造一个拥有清新空气和水,无限能源和鱼类资源的世界,这将使我们能够在未来继续发展。

But to do that we need a plan.

但要做到这一点,我们需要一个计划。

Over the next 2 years there will be United Nations decisions on Climate Change, Sustainable Development and a New Deal for Nature. Together these will form our species’ plan for a route through the Anthropocene.

在接下来的两年里,联合国将对气候变化、可持续发展和自然新政做出决定。这些将形成我们物种通过人类世的路线计划。

What we do in the next few years will profoundly affect the next few thousand years.

我们未来几年的工作将对未来几千年产生深远的影响。

I look forward very much to the discussions and insights this week.

我非常期待本周的讨论和各位的见解。

Thank you again for this great honour.

再次感谢给我的荣誉。

↓回帖下载英文原声、中文同传完整视频、音频及双语全文↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-1-29 20:30:00 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-2-1 01:09:27 | 显示全部楼层
十分想看这篇
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-2-6 17:34:48 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-2-12 13:22:24 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-2-27 16:15:15 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-3-2 12:18:59 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-3-2 17:55:25 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
分享分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-3-4 07:02:13 | 显示全部楼层
Thank you very much
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-3-21 11:10:22 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 22:33 , Processed in 0.051253 second(s), 19 queries .