CATTI英语一二三级口笔译备考课基础口译课:职业译员带你系统学口译实战口译笔记法:从精通到入行同声传译:职业译员同传实战入门
点击购买获取口译网网站注册邀请码口译自己怎么练 微信就能天天练!独家口译教学训练备考实战精华语料库关注口译网公众号 订阅最新口译资料
查看: 33064|回复: 17

[文教] 2018-06-07 乔治·克鲁尼获终身成就奖妻子致辞

[复制链接]
发表于 2018-6-29 21:20:19 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
当地时间6月7日,美国电影协会(AFI)授予美国著名影星、导演乔治·克鲁尼(George Clooney)终身成就奖颁奖典礼在好莱坞杜比剧院举行。

乔治·克鲁尼(George Clooney),1961年5月6日出生于美国肯塔基州列克星敦。2001年,他凭借《逃狱三王》获得金球奖最佳男演员奖。2002年,他因出演长篇电视剧《急诊室的故事》成名。2005年,他凭借参演电影《辛瑞那》获得第78届奥斯卡金像奖最佳男配角。2006年的奥斯卡颁奖礼上,克鲁尼凭借《晚安,好运》入围了奥斯卡最佳导演和最佳剧本的双料提名。2012年,他凭借制片电影《逃离德黑兰》获得第85届奥斯卡金像奖最佳影片。2015年1月,获金球奖终身成就奖。

2014年9月27日,53岁的乔治·克鲁尼在意大利威尼斯举行婚礼,迎娶36岁的英国女律师艾莫·克鲁尼(Amal Clooney)。

颁奖典礼上,乔治·克鲁尼妻子登台发表了甜蜜而感动人心的7分钟演讲,演讲中她首次公开讲述俩人的爱情故事,她说乔治是一位非常慷慨的人,是一位当之无愧的绅士,一位了不起的丈夫和父亲。

下面,就让我们一起来聆听艾莫·克鲁尼的这篇堪称本年度秀恩爱最高典范的演讲:

↓回帖查看视频播放密码及下载资源↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Good evening, everyone.

各位嘉宾晚上好。

When the AFL asked me to speak tonight, I said “of course”.

当美国电影协会邀我今晚发表致辞时,我立即就答应了。

But as George knows, I’ve actually been quite nervous about it.

不过乔治也知道,其实我内心十分紧张。

It’s somehow easier for me to address a court on behalf of a detainee than to speak publicly as I am doing for the first time tonight about my husband.

对我来说,站在法庭上为被拘押扣留的人士辩护,可比公开演讲简单多了。而今晚,将是我第一次在公开演讲中谈论我的丈夫。

I do so out of immense pride in all that he has achieved. Luckily, without having to wear a white horsehair wig, but with some waterproof mascara on,just in case.

我之所以这样做,是因为我对他创造的所有成就,感到无比骄傲自豪。幸运的是,我今晚终于不用头戴白色假发,不过以防万一,我有涂防水睫毛膏。

Coming here, I knew there would be lots of people who could speak to George’s talent.

在来之前,我就知道大家都会异口同声称赞,乔治是多么才华横溢。

His talent as a director, as a producer, as a writer of original screenplays, as a writer of adapted screenplays, as a leading actor, as a supporting actor.

他是导演,是制片人,也是原创剧本和改编剧本的编剧,当然还是电影主角和配角。

It’s a long list when you’ve been nominated for awards in more categories than any other human being on the planet.

更别提他那份长长的获奖名单了,他在各类奖项拿到的提名数量,超过全世界任何一个人。

So I thought that I should say a few words about his character in the real life and why he deserves to be admired not only for what he has done but for who he is.

我觉得更应该聊聊,他在现实生活中是个什么样的人,以及他为何值得我们钦佩,不仅仅因为他的成就,更因为他的人格魅力。

So, here are a few things you may not know about George.

接下来,我想聊聊,你所不知道的乔治。

First, he is a gentleman.

首先,他非常绅士。

He is a gentleman in every sense of the word and in a way that seems so rare these days and perhaps even outdated.

从任何意义上说,他都是绅士。始终以一种可能在当今社会已经罕见甚至落伍了的做派生活着。

Everyone who knows him, even those who oppose him politically or who have quarrelled with him professionally, will tell you, he has not forgotten his Kentucky manners.

每一个认识他的人,即便是那些和他政见不同的,或在工作中和他有过争吵的。他们一定会告诉你,乔治那种肯塔基式的待人礼仪,让人难以忘怀。

On every set I visit, I’m told by the crew that George sticks up for the most vulnerable.

每一次我去片场探班,工作人员都会告诉我,乔治一直坚持为弱者发声,为弱者挺身而出。

His security team told me that when shooting [Confessions] in Montreal, George refused to wear a warm winter jacket unless every actor got the same one even though it was 40 degrees below zero.

他的安保告诉我,在拍摄《危险思想的自白》时,乔治拒绝穿上保暖的冬季大衣,除非剧组中的每位临演都能得到相同待遇,哪怕那时只有零下40度也不例外。

Now, it’s true that George’s notorious pranks that we have heard about tonight are an exception to his gentlemanly comportment.

我们今晚也听到很多人提到,乔治那些人尽皆知的无聊恶作剧,这些恶作剧,倒是不属于他的绅士行为。

As Matt Damon found out when despite his rigorous workouts his trousers kept getting tighter and tighter every time he appeared on George’s set.

Matt Damon透露,尽管他给自己定下严苛的健身计划,但只要他在片场碰到乔治,都会发现自己的裤子,莫名其妙变得越来越紧。

But other than that, George is definitely a gentleman.

不过除此,乔治真的是当之无愧的绅士。

The second thing is that George is incredibly generous.

第二,乔治是个非常慷慨的人。

He is generous with his time.

他乐于付出自己的时间。

He finds out about people who have suffered the same health issues as him and he writes to give them advice.

当发现其他人和他一样,经历着相同疾病的折磨时,他便写信过去提供健康建议。

He helps young people pursue their passion for film.

他帮助年轻人追逐电影梦想。

He’ll visit an elderly lady at our local nursing home as he thinks it will make her day.

他还会去我们当地的疗养院,拜访一位年迈的女士,只要这样做,能使老人感到开心。

He has a big heart and he puts it into everything that he does, whether it’s making a movie, hosting a fundraiser or quite often these days, pranking our latest guest using a nappy and a pot of Nutella.

他心地善良,无论做什么事,他都以宽广的胸怀去对待。不论是拍电影、举办慈善活动,还是最近这些日子,他经常用裹着巧克力酱的尿布,来整蛊我们的客人。

But George is generous in traditional ways too, by donating money to causes he believes in and spoiling loved ones.

不过,乔治有时也慷慨地很传统,为他所信仰的事业捐款,宠爱他所爱的人。

He must surely be the only person in the world to invite his 13 closest friends to dinner one night and give them a suitcase filled with $1 million in cash, though it must be said the 14th closest friend is still really upset about that one.

估计全世界也就他做过这样的事吧,某天晚上,邀请13位亲密好友来家里吃饭,塞给他们每人一个皮箱,里面还装有100万美金现金,但老实说,那位排在14位的亲密好友,到现在都很伤心很伤心。

Third, George picks good fights.

第三,乔治敢于挑战。

Even before I knew him, I admired George’s commitment to taking up causes like exposing corruption in Sudan before they were visible, and to taking moral stances like opposing the War in Iraq when it was far from popular to do so.

在我认识他之前,我便十分钦佩乔治强大的责任心,比方说在事件曝光之前,就勇于揭露苏丹政府的腐败,并采取道德立场反对伊拉克战争,尽管当时这样做会迎来无数炮轰。

Recently, he worked with survivors of the Parkland school shooting on the campaign for gun control and he continues to mentor some of them today.

还有他最近参加的项目,与佛罗里达校园枪击案中的幸存者们,一起为控枪而奔走呼喊,直到今天,乔治都一直是他们的良师益友。

He was even the UN’s Messenger of Peace, but the reality is he fights for what is right as a way of life.

他还是联合国的和平大使,但事实上他只是为那些最自然正确的生活方式而奋斗。

George shows us all what it is to have a moral conscience and how powerful it can be when combined with eloquence and courage.

乔治以他的行动告诉我们,什么是道德良知,并让我们知道,当良知和雄辩、勇气融合在一起会产生多大的能量。

This aspect of George’s character was noted many years ago by Walter Cronkite, the famous newsman, who wrote George a letter that I found in our home.

乔治的这一品质,著名记者Walter Cronkite早在几年前便深有体会,我在家中找到了他当时写给乔治的信件。

Here’s how it begins:

开头是这样写的:

“Dear George, In the course of my chequered career, I have encountered a fair number of movie stars. Most of them used their power badly, usually to prop up a frail ego. Some of them had style, not many had character, very few of them had any real class. You have character and you have class. You also have a thoroughly admirable lunatic courage, diving off the high board without knowing if there’s any water in the pool. ”

乔治你好,在我起落沉浮的职业生涯中,我遇见过无数明星。他们中的大多数会滥用权力,通常只是自私地维持着那个飘摇的自我。他们中有人风格明显,大多缺乏个性。极少有人能拥有真正的品质。而你,既有独特个性,也富于品质风度。同时,你还拥有让人钦佩、堪称疯狂的勇气。无需事先知晓泳池里有没有水,你都有足够的勇气从高台跳下。

Walter was right and his words are all the more poignant at a time when many of us feel that character is lacking in some of the leaders we count on the most.

Walter说的很对,但他的话在今天看来也让人倍感辛酸,因为我们很多人发现,个性和品质,在我们最信赖的领导人身上,却是那样匮乏。

Although George modestly attributes much of the success we are celebrating here tonight to luck, I think it’s incredible talent and character that got him here.

今晚我们在这里庆祝乔治的成功,可他自己却谦虚地将一切归于运气。正是他出众过人的才华和闪闪发光的人格,带他一路走到这里。

And these attributes also make him an amazing husband and father.

也正是因为这些,让他成为一位了不起的丈夫和父亲。

I met George when I was 35 and starting to become quite resigned to the idea that I was going to be a spinster.

我遇见乔治的时候,已经35岁,那时候,我已经无奈而妥协地接受,我可能会变成老处女,一生不嫁孤独终老。

Then we met and started hiding out in my London flat and very soon it felt like, no matter what happened, I would never want to be with anyone else.

直到后来,我们开始约会。躲在我伦敦的公寓里秘密约会,没过多久,我慢慢感受到,无论发生任何事情,我这辈子都不会跟其他人在一起了。

I couldn’t sleep when we were apart, and I’m told that I would display a particular grin and head-tilt when reading his text messages or the letters he would hide in my bag.

只要我们身处异地,我便辗转难眠,朋友告诉我,当我看到他的讯息,或者藏在我包里的情书时,我都会情不自禁地歪着头,嘴角充满笑意。

Five years later, none of that has changed.

如今五年过去了,这种感觉只增无减。

He is the person who has my complete admiration and also the person whose smile makes me melt every time.

我百分百地仰慕这个男人,每次他对我微笑,就足以让我的整颗心融化。

My love, what I have found with you is the great love that I always hoped existed.

亲爱的,我和你之间的爱情,是我一直渴求能够存在于世的最美好的爱情。

And seeing you with our children, Ella and Alexander, is the greatest joy in my life.

只要能看着你和我们的孩子们,Ella和Alexander,就是一生最最幸福的事情。

You fill our home with laughter and happiness and that’s even before the children have worked out that ‘da-da’ is actually Batman, a talking fox, and friends with Mary Poppins.

只要有你在,家里永远都充满欢声笑语,更别提孩子们后来竟然发现,他们的爸爸不仅是蝙蝠侠,还是一只会说话的狐狸,而且还是“魔法保姆”Mary Poppins的好朋友。

I’m so proud of you, my love.

亲爱的,我真的为你骄傲啊。

Congratulations on this great honor that you’re receiving tonight.

祝贺你今晚获得这一殊荣。

I’m proud of you, but I also know that when our children find out not only what you have done, but who you are, they will be so proud of you, too.

我为你骄傲,而我也知道,当孩子们日后知道你所有的成就,并了解你闪闪发光的人格,他们会和我一样,以你为荣。

↓回帖下载资源↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-7-4 20:55:40 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
视频学习
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-7-15 08:46:56 | 显示全部楼层
想看视频,谢谢
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-7-19 22:36:03 | 显示全部楼层
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-7-28 09:45:26 | 显示全部楼层
乔治克鲁尼
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-4 20:38:29 | 显示全部楼层
之前就看过,没想到这里可以下载
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-4 20:52:47 | 显示全部楼层
视频下载下来是坏的啊,上次那个新加坡总理的也是坏的
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-4 20:58:47 | 显示全部楼层
版主,能不能再传一遍呢?辛苦啦!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-4 21:00:53 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-15 20:26:23 | 显示全部楼层
qiao zhike 怒你
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 20:23 , Processed in 0.050553 second(s), 19 queries .