Remarks by President Xi Jinping at Arrival Ceremony at the White House
September 25, 2015

尊敬的奥巴马总统和夫人,
女士们,先生们,朋友们:

Mr. President, Mrs. Obama,
Ladies and gentlemen,
Dear friends,

在这金秋的美好时光,我和我的夫人怀着愉快的心情来到美丽的华盛顿。

In this golden season of autumn, my wife and I are very pleased to come to the beautiful city of Washington, D.C.

首先,我要感谢奥巴马总统对我的盛情邀请和热情接待。在这里,我向美国人民转达13亿多中国人民的诚挚问候和良好祝愿!

At the outset, I wish to thank you, Mr. President, for your kind invitation and gracious hospitality. I also wish to convey to the American people the warm regards and the best wishes of over 1.3 billion Chinese people.

中国和美国都是伟大的国家,中国人民和美国人民都是伟大的人民。36年前中美建立外交关系以来,两国关系始终乘风破浪、砥砺前行,取得了历史性进展。

China and the United States are both great nations. The Chinese and American people are two great peoples. Since we established diplomatic relations 36 years ago, China-U.S. relations have forged ahead despite twists and turns, and have made historic advances.

2013年夏天,我同奥巴马总统在安纳伯格庄园共同作出构建中美新型大国关系的战略抉择。两年多来,中美各领域交流合作取得重要进展,受到两国人民和世界人民欢迎。

At our Sunnylands meeting in the summer of 2013, President Obama and I made the strategic decision of building a new model of major-country relations. More than two years have passed, and we have made important progress in various areas of exchange and cooperation. This has been welcomed by people of our two countries and the world at large.

中美两国携手合作,可以产生一加一大于二的力量。新形势下发展中美关系,应该随时而动、顺势而为。我这次访问美国,是为和平而来,为合作而来,我们愿同美方一道努力,推动中美关系得到更大发展,更多更好造福两国人民和世界人民。

Working together, China and the United States can make a greater impact than our individual efforts. To grow our relationship under the new conditions, we must adapt to the changing times and to seize the positive momentum. I come to the United States this time to promote peace and advance cooperation. We would like to work with the U.S. side to make great advances in our relationship, and deliver more benefits to people of our two countries and the whole world.

——我们要坚持构建新型大国关系正确方向,使和平、尊重、合作始终成为中美关系的主旋律,确保两国关系沿着健康稳定的轨道不断向前发展。

We must uphold the right direction of building a new model of major-country relations; make sure our relationship is defined by peace, respect and cooperation; and see to it that it keeps moving forward on the soundtrack of steady growth.

——我们要坚持增进战略互信,加深相互了解,尊重彼此利益和关切,以宽广的胸怀对待差异和分歧,坚定两国人民友好合作的信心。

We must enhance strategic trust and mutual understanding, respect each other’s interests and concerns, be broad-minded about our differences and disagreements, and to strengthen our people’s confidence in China-U.S. friendship and cooperation.

——我们要坚持互利共赢的合作理念,创新合作模式,拓宽合作领域,以实际行动和合作成果,给两国人民和世界人民带来更多福祉。

We must pursue win-win cooperation, update the model, and broaden the scope of our collaboration, and improve the well-being of people of our two countries and the world through concrete actions and outcomes of cooperation.

——我们要坚持增进人民友谊,大力推进两国民间交往,鼓励两国社会各界相向而行,不断夯实中美关系的社会基础。

We must enhance friendship and promote interactions between our people, encourage our two societies to meet each other halfway, and cement the social foundation of China-U.S. relations.

——我们要坚持促进世界和平与发展,加强在重大国际和地区问题上的协调,合力应对全球性挑战,同各国人民一道,建设更加美好的世界。

We must promote world peace and development, improve coordination on major international and regional issues, make concerted efforts to address global challenges, and work with other nations to build a better world.

30年前,我第一次访问美国,住在艾奥瓦州马斯卡廷市的美国老百姓家中。他们是那么热情、真诚、友好。我们亲切交流,临别时紧紧拥抱,这一幕幕情景至今令我难以忘怀。

Thirty years ago, during my first visit to the United States, I was hosted by an American family in Muscatine, Iowa. My hosts were so warm, sincere, and friendly. We had cordial conversations and we hugged tightly when we had to say goodbye. To this day, those moments are still fresh in my memory.

3年前,我再次回到马斯卡廷市,同老朋友重逢。他们对我说,友谊是一件大事。从这些老朋友身上,从很多美国朋友身上,我真切感受到了中美两国人民心灵相通的真挚感情,这让我对中美关系的未来抱有充分的信心。

Three years ago, I went back to Muscatine, and had a reunion with my old friends there. They said to me, friendship is a big business. Well, from these old friends, and from many other American friends, I can feel firsthand the genuine friendship between the Chinese and American people. We do share each other’s feelings. And this gives me every confidence about the future of our relations.

女士们、先生们、朋友们!

Mr. President, and Mrs. Obama,
Ladies and gentlemen,
Dear friends,

事在人为。中美关系正站在21世纪一个新的历史起点上。合作共赢是中美关系发展的唯一正确选择。让我们坚定信念、携手合作,共同谱写中美关系发展新篇章!

Success comes with dedicated efforts. China-U.S. relations have reached a new starting point in the 21st century. For further growth of our relations, we have no choice but to seek win-win cooperation. Let us work hand-in-hand with great resolve to write a new chapter in China-U.S. relations.

谢谢!

Thank you.

↓下载资源↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-8-28 15:15:47 | 显示全部楼层
非常感谢!!!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-5-2 14:21:30 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享!!!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-5-9 21:31:10 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-5-20 09:38:19 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-5-22 15:39:06 | 显示全部楼层
非常感谢!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-8-11 19:57:40 | 显示全部楼层
thank you for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-11-22 20:10:27 | 显示全部楼层
非常好,感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-1-23 21:32:42 | 显示全部楼层
x谢谢分享!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-8-30 20:33:56 | 显示全部楼层
呵呵呵呵呵呵呵呵
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 18:16 , Processed in 0.054586 second(s), 22 queries .