立即注册
CATTI英语一二三级口笔译备考课基础口译课:职业译员带你系统学口译实战口译笔记法:从精通到入行同声传译:职业译员同传实战入门
点击购买获取口译网网站注册邀请码口译自己怎么练 微信就能天天练!独家口译教学训练备考实战精华语料库关注口译网公众号 订阅最新口译资料
查看: 47437|回复: 49

[体卫] 2017-04-24 何瑞怡TED大会演讲-中国好食物的未来

[复制链接]
发表于 2018-4-25 21:39:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
何瑞怡(Matilda),来自台湾的80后,曾生活在英国和美国,在广告、食品营销、设计咨询等不同的领域工作过,也一直实践健康饮食。来到上海生活后,她却发现缺乏方便又放心的生态农产品购买渠道,于是和她的伙伴们一起发起了“一米市集”,她将一米市集定位为“线上农夫市集”。2017年4月24日,Matilda 在全球超过4000个候选人角逐25个演讲名额的竞争中,经过层层选拔和培训终于登上了 TED 大会讲台,向来自世界各地的人讲述有关耐心和食物的故事:

The Future of Good Food in China
Matilda Ho

中国好食物的未来
何瑞怡

↓回帖查看播放密码↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

↓回帖下载视频及双语全文↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

I was six when I had the first chance to learn what patience means. My grandmother gave me a magic box as a birthday present, which neither of us knew would become a gift for life. I became obsessed with magic, and at 20, I became an amateur dove magician. This act of magic requires that I train my doves to sit and wait inside my clothing. As a young magician, I was always in a rush to make them appear,but my teacher told me the secret to the success of this magical act is to make my doves appear only after they’ve waited patiently in my tuxedo. It has to be a mindful kind of patience, the kind that took me some years to master.

在我六岁的时候,第一次体会到耐心是什么。我的祖母在我生日那天送我一个魔术盒子,这个盒子不仅只是个生日礼物,它还成为我往后人生的礼物。  我开始热衷于魔术,然后到了20岁,我变成一个业余的鸽子魔术师。这种魔术必须训练鸽子坐好并静待在魔术师的衣服里,当时我还年轻,总是急着想把鸽子变出来。但是,我的老师告诉我,魔术成功的秘诀,在于让鸽子有耐性地待在燕尾服后再飞出来。这种技巧需要专注的耐心,而我花了数年才精通。

When life took me to Shanghai seven years ago, the mindful patience I learned became almost impossible to practice. In China, where everyone and everything is in a hurry, you need to outperform over 1.3 billion other people to build a better life. You hack the system, bend the rules,circumvent the boundaries. It is the same when it comes to food ...except that when it comes to food,impatience can have dire consequences. In the haste to grow more, sell more, 4,000 years of agriculture in a country of rich natural resources is spoiled by the overuse of chemicals and pesticides. In 2016, the Chinese government revealed half a million food safety violations in just nine months. Alarmingly, one in every four diabetics in the world now comes from China. The stories around food are scary and somewhat overwhelming, and I told myself it’s time to bring a mindful patience into the impatience.

7年前我来到上海,从魔术中习得的耐心却无处实践。在中国,所有人总是赶着,希望在13多亿人口中脱颖而出,不惜打破制度、扭曲规则、游走边界。在食物领域也是如此。尤其是在这领域里,若缺乏耐心,会带来更无法收拾的后果。为了种出更多、卖出更多,中国四千多年、有着丰富天然资源的农业,被农药化肥滥用消耗殆尽。2016年,政府揭露9个月内发生50万起食安事件。全球每4个糖尿病患者,就有1个来自中国。现在的食物事件总是吓人,我告诉自己,是时候用专注的耐心取代急躁了。

When I say mindful patience, I don’t mean the ability to wait. I mean knowing how to act while waiting.And so, while I wait for the day when a sustainable food system becomes a reality in China, I launched one of China’s first online farmers market to bring local, organically grown produce to families. When we went live, 18 months ago, the food we could sell then was somewhat dismal. We had no fruit and hardly any meat to sell,as none that was sent to the lab passed our zero tolerance test towards pesticides, chemicals, antibiotics and hormones. I told our very anxious employees that we would not give up until we’ve met every local farmer in China.

当我说到专注的耐心,我指的不是等待的能力,而是知道如何在等待之际行动。所以,等着永续饮食在中国实现的那一天,我发起了中国第一个线上农夫市集,把本地、有机种植的果蔬,送进中国家庭里。18个月前,我们刚上线的时候,只有寥寥可数的商品能卖,甚至一开始没有水果、只有少数肉类,因为没有多少食物通过实验室无农药、激素、抗生素的检测。大家都感到焦虑,但是我跟他们说,除非我们找了每一个农夫,否则我们不会放弃。

Today, we supply 240 types of produce from 57 local farmers. After almost one year of searching,we finally found chemical-free bananas grown in the backyards of villagers on Hainan Island. And only two hours away from Shanghai,on an island that even Google Maps does not have coordinates for, we found a place where cows eat grass and roam free under the blue sky. We also work hard on logistics. We deliver our customers’ orders in as fast as three hours on electric vehicles,and we use biodegradable, reusable boxes to minimize our environmental footprint.

现在,我们有240个生鲜产品,57个本地农夫。花了整整一年,找到了海南岛上、村民自家种的香蕉,还有距离上海2小时车程,一个谷歌地图都无法标记的地方,居住着一群在蓝天下,不受栅栏限制的草饲牛。在物流上我们也是做得坚守。我们用电动车配送,最快三小时抵达客户家门。采用可降解、可回收的环保保温箱,尽可能地减少碳足迹。

I have no doubt that our offerings will continue to grow, but it will take time,and I know a lot more people are needed to shape the future of good food. So last year, I founded China’s first food tech accelerator and VC platform to help start-ups to shape the future of good food the way they want, be that through using edible insects as a more sustainable source of protein or using essential oils to keep food fresh for longer.

我确信我们的订单会持续成长,但需要时间。塑造未来的好食物,需要更多的人加入。所以去年我又成立了中国第一间食物加速器与风投,让更多新创公司一起绘出未来美好食物的样貌。比如用可食昆虫作为可持续的蛋白质来源,或者是能让食物保存更久的精油。

So, you may still ask: Why are you trying to build a sustainable food system by driving a patient movement in a country where it’s almost a crime to take it slow? Because, for me,the real secret to success is patience -- a mindful kind of patience that requires knowing how to act while waiting,the kind of patience I learned with my grandmother’s magic box. After all, we do not inherit the earth from our ancestors. We borrow it from our children.

所以你可能会问,在这一个动作太慢会被视为罪过的国度,为什么你还要坚持,靠耐心来建立可持续的饮食系统?因为对我来说,成功的秘诀是耐心——知道在等待之际行动的专注耐心,也是我从祖母送我的魔术盒子中学来的耐心。终究,地球不是我们从前人手上继承来的,而是向未来的孩子借的。

Thank you.

谢谢大家。

↓回帖下载视频及双语全文↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-6-12 07:08:22 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
你好你啊
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-7-19 14:20:25 | 显示全部楼层
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-8-10 15:02:11 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-11-28 21:08:00 | 显示全部楼层
nt, which neither of us knew would become a gift for life. I became obsessed with magic, and at 20, I became an amateur dove magician. This act of magic requires that I train my doves to sit and wait inside my clothing. As a young magician, I was always in a rush to make them appear,but my teacher told me the secret to the success of this magical act is to make my doves appear only after they’ve waited patiently in my tuxedo. It has to be a mindful kind of patience, the kind that took me some years to master.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-11-30 13:31:19 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享,求观看
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-4 20:35:01 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享,希望能看完整内容
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-4 20:58:43 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-2-24 13:24:58 | 显示全部楼层
thanks for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-4-6 21:36:31 | 显示全部楼层
xiexiefenxiang
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-4-18 19:12 , Processed in 0.053320 second(s), 21 queries .