立即注册
CATTI英语一二三级口笔译备考课基础口译课:职业译员带你系统学口译实战口译笔记法:从精通到入行同声传译:职业译员同传实战入门
点击购买获取口译网网站注册邀请码口译自己怎么练 微信就能天天练!独家口译教学训练备考实战精华语料库关注口译网公众号 订阅最新口译资料
查看: 5505|回复: 6

[社会] 2014-06-28 英国首相卡梅伦Pride in London致辞

[复制链接]
发表于 2018-3-24 00:47:31 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音

I want to send my best wishes to everyone taking part in Pride in London events, especially all those volunteers who make it possible.

我想对在伦敦参加PRIDE游行的所有人表示最真挚的祝愿,尤其是对促使这次游行成为可能的所有志愿者们。

Since last year’s event there has been one huge, historic change in Britain: the institution of marriage is now open to all. Whether you’re a man and a man, a woman and a woman or a woman and a man, your love for one another is equal in the eyes of the law.

自从我们去年录制的讲话以来,英国发生了一个巨大的历史性变化,婚姻的大门现在对于所有人都是敞开的,无论你们是男人和男人,女人和女人,还是女人和男人,你对另一个人的爱在法律面前都是平等的。

Since the Same-Sex Couples Act came into law in March couples across the country and across the capital - from Peckham to Putney, Wimbledon to Walthamstow - have been demonstrating their love and commitment by tying the knot. This would not have been possible without the support of so many people who are at Pride today. So thank you – you have made history.

从今年三月份同性婚姻法案生效以来,全国的情侣们,通过结婚展示他(她)们的爱情和承诺,没有今天参加PRIDE游行的众多支持者的支持,这是不可能的,所以我要感谢你们,你们创造了历史。

I’m immensely proud to be the Prime Minister of the country which is – and this is official – the best place in Europe to be gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender. But that doesn’t mean our job is done – we cannot be complacent.

作为这个国家的首相,我感到无比的自豪,这是正式的说法,英国对男同性恋、女同性恋、双性恋和变性者是欧洲最佳的地方,但这并不意味着我们的工作完成了,我们不能自满。

The theme of this year’s Pride is ‘freedom’; and I want this to be a country where all children are free from the fear of bullying, where elderly people have the freedom to be who they are, where our sportsmen and women have the freedom to achieve - people like Tom Daley, Claire Harvey, Nicola Adams and Casey Stoney, who proudly represent this country - and where no-one is at risk of the sickening homophobic attacks that, sadly, still happen on our streets.

今年PRIDE游行的主题是自由,我想使它真正地融入这个国家,希望所有的孩子在这里都远离被欺负的恐惧,老年人在这里可以自由地做自己,我们的男女运动员在这里可以自由地取得成就,就像汤姆·戴利、克莱尔·哈维、尼古拉·亚当斯,还有凯西·斯托尼一样,能够自豪地代表这个国家,没有人在这里处在被恐同者袭击的危险中。不幸的是,这样的事情在我们的身边仍有发生。

And this isn’t just about Britain. We are committed to improving LGBT rights across the planet. I have raised my concerns about the treatment of gay people in Russia with President Putin and the Foreign Office presses the case for positive change around the world.

这不仅仅是关于英国,我们致力于在全球改善LGBT的权利,我向普京总统提出了我对俄罗斯同性恋者遭遇的关切,英国外交部也在全世界推动此事获得积极进展。宽容、自由和尊重的价值观造就了我们英国人民,我们不仅应该感到自豪,我们还应该鼓励世界上的其他地方,也像我们一样珍视这些价值。

The values of tolerance, freedom and respect – these are the values that define us in Britain. Not only should we take great pride in them, we should encourage the rest of the world to take our lead.

宽容、自由和尊重的价值观造就了我们英国人民,我们不仅应该感到自豪,我们还应该鼓励世界上的其他地方,也像我们一样珍视这些价值。

I hope you have a very enjoyable Pride in London.

祝愿大家PRIDE游行愉快!

↓下载资源↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-7-29 16:08:49 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-7-30 11:27:15 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-10-16 07:55:58 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-12-16 15:34:59 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-4-7 15:26:12 | 显示全部楼层
thanks for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-5 16:39:38 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 03:21 , Processed in 0.049024 second(s), 19 queries .