点击购买获取口译网网站注册邀请码口译自己怎么练 微信就能天天练!独家口译教学训练备考实战精华语料库关注口译网公众号 订阅最新口译资料
查看: 14525|回复: 10

[社会] 2016-05-07 美国总统奥巴马2016年母亲节致辞

[复制链接]
发表于 2018-3-24 00:20:38 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音

Hi, everybody.

大家好。

In our house, everybody knows that President is only the third-most important job in the family. So this weekend, I’m going to take a little extra time to say thank you to Michelle for the remarkable way she does the most important job: being a mom. And I’m going to give extra thanks to my mother-in-law for the role model she’s always been to Michelle and the countless selfless ways in which she’s helped Michelle and me raise Malia and Sasha. I am incredibly lucky to have these wonderful women help me raise, love, and look after our girls.

在我们家,大家都知道总统只是我家里第三重要的工作。所以这个周末,我要花一点额外的时间来谢谢米歇尔所做的最重要的一份工作:当一位母亲。同时,我还要特别谢谢我的岳母,因为她一直都为米歇尔树立榜样,为帮助我和米歇尔抚养玛利亚和莎莎所做的大量无私的付出。我非常幸运能有这样优秀的女性们帮助我抚养、爱护和照顾我们的女儿。

I hope you’ll also take a moment to say thank you to the women in your life who love you in that special way mothers do. Biological moms, adoptive moms, and foster moms; single moms, grandmoms and godmothers; aunts and mentors – whomever you think of when you think of Mother’s Day. Or take a moment, like I will, to remember the moms who raised us, whose big hearts sustained us, and whom we miss every day, no matter how old we get.

我希望你们也能对生命中为你们付出特别的爱的母亲们说出你们的感谢。生母,养母,单身母亲,祖母,教母,姨母和导师——当你想起母亲节时所能想起的一切的人。或者花一些时间,像我一样,去记住抚养我们的妈妈,那些曾经用宽广的胸怀供养我们,那些我们无论长多大都会想念的妈妈。

Giving flowers is always a good idea. But I hope that on this Mother’s Day, we’ll recommit ourselves to doing more than that: Through deeds that match our words,

送花一直是一个好注意。不过我希望这个母亲节,我们不再仅仅只是送花:做一些跟我们说过的话相符的行为吧。

let’s give mothers the respect they deserve, give all women the equality they deserve, and give all parents the support they need in their most important roles. That includes paid maternity and paternity leave, sick leave, accommodations for workers who are pregnant, good health care, affordable child care, flexibility at work, equal pay, and a decent minimum wage. We ask our mothers to do more than their fair share of just about everything. Making sure they’re treated fairly is the least we can do.

让我们给母亲应有的尊重,给所有女性应有的平等,给所有父母在最重要的角色上所需要的支持。包括给所有怀孕的工人提供带薪产假、陪产假、病假以及住宿、良好的卫生保健、儿童保健、工作上的自由、同工同酬以及合理的最低工资。我们让母亲做了她们所应做的合理份额以外的各种事情,我们应该至少确保她们能得到公平的对待。

The idea of setting aside a Sunday in May for our mothers became an official holiday with a Congressional resolution a little more than 100 years ago. They did it on May 8 – the same day we’ll celebrate Mother’s Day this year. If Congress can make a holiday, surely they can back it up with the things that give it meaning.

100多年前,国会决议为我们的母亲留出五月的一个周日作为法定假日。他们在五月八日做出这个决定——刚好与今年的母亲节是同一天。如果议会能把母亲节设定为法定节日,当然他们可以用行动支持所刚才提到的一切。

After all, that’s what my mother taught me. I couldn’t just say I was going to do the right thing, or say I agreed with it on principle. I had to actually do it.

这就是我从母亲那里学到的:我不能仅仅说我要去做正确的事,或者说我同意这些原则。我必须去实践所做的承诺。

So this Mother’s Day, say thank you. Say, “I love you.” And let’s make sure we show that gratitude and appreciation through acts of respect throughout the year. No one deserves that more than our moms.

所以在这个母亲节,除了对母亲道声感谢,说声“我爱你”,我们更应该确保每一天都能用尊敬的具体行动表达我们的感谢与感激。没有人能比母亲更配得上这些。

Happy Mother’s Day, and have a great weekend.

祝各位母亲节快乐,周末愉快。

↓下载资源↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-6-6 21:24:56 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-8-28 17:50:48 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-11-19 08:44:42 | 显示全部楼层
想看想看
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-1-10 12:04:55 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-7-29 16:19:01 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-12-16 15:41:06 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-4-7 15:27:13 | 显示全部楼层
thanks for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-4-28 16:11:04 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-9-5 16:41:02 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 12:45 , Processed in 0.053647 second(s), 21 queries .