发表于 2018-2-26 22:28:31 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
Remarks by President Obama on Immigration Reform
October 24, 2013

美国总统奥巴马就美国移民改革问题的讲话
2013年10月24日

↓观看密码↓
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Thank you very much. Please have a seat, everybody. Good morning, and welcome to the White House. Today I’m here with leaders from business, from labor, from faith communities who are united around one goal -- finishing the job of fixing a broken immigration system.

非常感谢大家。诸位请入座。早上好,欢迎来到白宫。今天我在这里与工商业、劳工界、宗教社区的领导人一起,大家都有一个共同的目标—完成对破损的移民体制进行修补的工作。

This is not just an idea whose time has come; this is an idea whose time has been around for years now. Leaders like all of you have worked together with Republicans and Democrats in this town in good faith for years to try to get this done. And this is the moment when we should be able to finally get the job done.

这不是一个现在冒出的想法,这个想法已经存在多年。和诸位一样的领导人已经与共和党人及民主党人在这个城市为完成这项工作进行了多年真诚的努力。现在正是我们应该最后完成这项工作的时候。

Now, it’s no secret that the American people haven’t seen much out of Washington that they like these days. The shutdown and the threat of the first default in more than 200 years inflicted real pain on our businesses and on families across the country. And it was a completely unnecessary, self-inflicted wound with real costs to real people, and it can never happen again.

在这些日子,美国人民没有看到华盛顿市完成多少他们希望完成的工作,这已经不是什么秘密。政府关闭和200多年来第一次违约的危险对我们全国各地的工商业和家家户户造成了真正的痛苦。完全没有必要自己制造这样的创伤,现实生活中的人们为此承受了实际的代价。这种情况永远不能再发生。

Even with the shutdown over, and the threat of default eliminated, Democrats and Republicans still have some really big disagreements -- there are some just fundamentally different views about how we should move forward on certain issues. On the other hand, as I said the day after the shutdown ended, that's no reason that we shouldn’t be able to work together on the things that we do agree on.

即使政府关闭的问题已经过去,违约的危险已被消除,民主党人和共和党人仍然有一些的确十分重大的分歧 – 对于我们应该如何在某些问题上取得进展存在一些根本不同的观点。另一方面,我在政府关闭问题解决后第二天曾说过,对于我们意见一致的问题,我们没有任何理由不能共同进行努力。

We should be able to work together on a responsible budget that invests in the things that we need to grow our economy and create jobs even while we maintain fiscal discipline. We should be able to pass a farm bill that helps rural communities grow and protects vulnerable Americans in hard times.

我们应该能够共同努力解决负责任的预算问题,对我们需要促进我国经济增长和创造工作岗位的方面投入资金,尽管我们同时需要维护财政纪律。我们应该能够通过农业法案,帮助农村社区成长壮大,保护面临艰难处境的美国弱势群体。

And we should pass immigration reform. (Applause.) We should pass immigration reform. It’s good for our economy. It’s good for our national security. It’s good for our people. And we should do it this year.

我们也应该完成移民改革。(掌声)我们应该完成移民改革。这有利于我国经济。这有利于我国安全。这有利于我国人民。我们应该今年完成这项工作。

Everybody knows that our current immigration system is broken. Across the political spectrum, people understand that. We’ve known it for years. It’s not smart to invite some of the brightest minds from around the world to study here and then not let them start businesses here -- we send them back to their home countries to start businesses and create jobs and invent new products someplace else.

众所周知,我们当前的移民体制已经破损。政治领域各方面的人士都了解这一点。我们了解这一点已有多年。如果欢迎全世界各地一些最聪明的人来这里学习,但不允许他们在这里创业,这不是明智的做法—我们往往让他们返回原籍,在其他地方创办企业,创造工作岗位,发明新产品。

It’s not fair to businesses and middle-class families who play by the rules when we allow companies that are trying to undercut the rules work in the shadow economy, to hire folks at lower wages or no benefits, no overtime, so that somehow they get a competitive edge from breaking the rules. That doesn’t make sense.

我们如果允许试图违法乱纪的公司在影子经济中运行,压低工资雇用人员或不提供福利,不付加班费,从而可以因破坏法纪获得竞争优势,这对遵纪守法的工商业和中产家庭就没有公平可言。这毫无合理之处。

It doesn’t make sense to have 11 million people who are in this country illegally without any incentive or any way for them to come out of the shadows, get right with the law, meet their responsibilities and permit their families then to move ahead. It’s not smart. It’s not fair. It doesn’t make sense. We have kicked this particular can down the road for too long.

在这个国家非法居留的1,100万人如果没有任何积极性或途径走出阴影,得到合法身份,履行自己的责任,然后兴家立业,这也毫无合理之处。这并不明智。这并不公平。这并不合理。我们在这个特定的问题上拖延已久。

Now, the good news is, this year the Senate has already passed an immigration reform bill by a wide, bipartisan majority that addressed all of these issues. It’s a bill that would continue to strengthen our borders. It would level the playing field by holding unscrupulous employers accountable if they knowingly hire undocumented workers.

好消息是,今年参议院已经以悬殊的两党多数优势通过了一项移民改革提案,涉及了所有这些问题。它是一个能不断加强边境的法案,一个向明知雇员无身份却仍旧招雇的不守规则的雇主追究责任从而实现公平化竞争的法案。

It would modernize our legal immigration system, so that even as we train American workers for the jobs of the future, we’re also attracting highly-skilled entrepreneurs from beyond our borders to join with us to create jobs here in the United States.

它将使我们的合法移民制度现代化,在让美国劳工得到未来职业培训的同时,也吸引境外的高技术实业人员来和我们一道在美国创造就业岗位。

It would make sure that everybody plays by the same rules by providing a pathway to earned citizenship for those who are here illegally -- one that includes passing a background check, learning English, paying taxes, paying a penalty, getting in line behind everyone who is trying to come here the right way.

它将通过为非法在这里的人提供一条争取公民身份的出路——其中包括完成和通过背景调查,学习英语,交税,付罚款以及站到努力通过正当程序来美的人的后面排队,来确保让规则一视同仁。

So it had all the component parts. It didn't have everything that I wanted; it didn't have everything that anybody wanted; but it addressed the core challenges of how we create a immigration system that is fair, that’s just, that is true to our traditions as a nation of laws and a nation of immigrants. And that's passed the Senate by a bipartisan majority. (Applause.)

所以,它包含了所有成分。它没有我想要的所有内容;它没有所有人想要的所有内容;但它处理了我们如何建立一个公平、公正、符合我们作为法制国家和移民国家传统的移民体制的核心问题。而且它在参议院获两党多数通过。(掌声)

So here's what we also know -- that the bill would grow the economy and shrink our deficits. Independent economists have shown that if the Senate bill became law, over the next two decades our economy would grow by $1.4 trillion more than it would if we don't pass the law. It would reduce our deficits by nearly a trillion dollars.

而且,我们还知道——这项法案将使经济增长,赤字缩小。一些独立的经济学家显示,如果参议院的法案成为法律,今后20年我国的经济增长将比不通过这项法律超出1.4万亿美元,我们的赤字将缩小将近1万亿美元。

So this isn’t just the right thing to do; it’s the smart thing to do. Securing our borders; modernizing our legal immigration system; providing a pathway to earned, legalized citizenship; growing our economy; strengthening our middle class; reducing our deficits -- that’s what common-sense immigration reform will do.

因此,此举不仅正确,而且明智。保障边境安全、让合法移民体制现代化、提供通过努力可争取的合法公民身份、发展经济、加强中产阶层、减少赤字——这就是合理的移民改革将产生的作用。

Now, obviously, just because something is smart and fair, and good for the economy and fiscally responsible and supported by business and labor -- (laughter) -- and the evangelical community and many Democrats and many Republicans, that does not mean that it will actually get done. (Laughter.) This is Washington, after all.

显然,什么事并不会仅因为它明知公平、对经济有利、有财政责任心并得到商界和劳工——(笑声)——以及基督教社区和许多民主党人及许多共和党人的支持,就一定能够实现。(笑声)毕竟,这里是华盛顿。

So everything tends to be viewed through a political prism and everybody has been looking at the politics of this. And I know that there are some folks in this town who are primed to think, “Well, if Obama is for it, then I’m against it.” But I’d remind everybody that my Republican predecessor was also for it when he proposed reforms like this almost a decade ago, and I joined with 23 Senate Republicans back then to support that reform. I’d remind you that this reform won more than a dozen Republican votes in the Senate in June.

所以,对一切事情的看法往往都带有政治色彩,所有人都在观察这其中的政治。我知道,这个城里的一些人注定会想 ,“如果奥巴马支持它,我就反对它。”但我要提醒大家,我的共和党前任也支持这项努力,他在近10年前就曾提出改革,我当时与23位共和党参议员一道支持那项改革方案。我要提醒各位,这项改革6月份赢得了十好几位共和党人票。

I’m not running for office again. I just believe this is the right thing to do. (Applause.) I just believe this is the right thing to do. And I also believe that good policy is good politics in this instance. And if folks are really that consumed with the politics of fixing our broken immigration system, they should take a closer look at the polls because the American people support this. It’s not something they reject -- they support it. Everybody wins here if we work together to get this done. In fact, if there’s a good reason not to pass this common-sense reform, I haven’t heard it.

我将不再竞选连任。我只是相信这是件应做的事。(掌声)我只是相信这是件应做的事。我也相信,在这个情况中,好政策就是好政治。如果一些人真的要被修改我们糟糕的移民体制中的政治占据精力,那么他们应该看一看民调,因为美国人民支持改革。这不是他们反对的事——他们支持它。如果我们共同努力完成它,那将是所有人的胜利。说实在,如果有一个不通过这项合理改革的好理由的话,我可还不曾听到。

So anyone still standing in the way of this bipartisan reform should at least have to explain why. A clear majority of the American people think it’s the right thing to do.

因此,任何仍要阻挡这项两党共促的改革的人,至少应当说明一下理由。显然大多数美国人都认为这是正确的举措。

Now, how do we move forward? Democratic leaders have introduced a bill in the House that is similar to the bipartisan Senate bill. So now it’s up to Republicans in the House to decide whether reform becomes a reality or not.

而我们怎样向前推进呢?民主党领导人已在众议院提出了一项议案,与参议院的两党议案相似。因此,现在要由众议院的共和党议员来决定是否将改革付诸实施。

I do know -- and this is good news -- that many of them agree that we need to fix our broken immigration system across these areas that we’ve just discussed. And what I’ve said to them, and I’ll repeat today, is if House Republicans have new and different, additional ideas for how we should move forward, then we want to hear them. I’ll be listening. I know that Democrats and Republicans in the Senate, those who voted for immigration reform already, are eager to hear those additional ideas. But what we can’t do is just sweep the problem under the rug one more time, leave it for somebody else to solve sometime in the future.

我确知——这是好消息——他们中的许多人赞同应在我们刚刚谈到的这些领域整治我们失灵的移民体制。我已对他们说过,今天我要再次重申,如果众议院的共和党议员对于我们应当如何推进有新的、不同的补充意见,那么我们愿意听取他们的想法。我将会倾听。我知道参议院的民主党和共和党议员,那些已经投票支持移民改革的人,迫切地希望听到些些补充意见。我们绝不能再一次试图掩盖这个问题,等着以后由其他人来解决。

Rather than create problems, let’s prove to the American people that Washington can actually solve some problems. This reform comes as close to anything we’ve got to a law that will benefit everybody now and far into the future. So let’s see if we can get this done. And let’s see if we can get it done this year. (Applause.)

让我们向美国人民证明,华盛顿并非问题的制造者,而是能够切实解决一些问题的。这一改革比我们已采取的任何措施都更接近颁行一项将在今天和长远的未来惠及每一个人的法律。因此,让我们看一看我们能否完成这项工作。让我们看一看我们能否在今年完成这项工作。(掌声)

We’ve got the time to do it. Republicans in the House, including the Speaker, have said we should act. So let’s not wait. It doesn’t get easier to just put it off. Let’s do it now. Let’s not delay. Let’s get this done, and let’s do it in a bipartisan fashion.

我们有机会完成这项工作。众议院的共和党议员,包括议长在内,都表示我们应当采取行动。因此,不要再等待了。仅靠拖延并不能减轻这项工作的难度。让我们现在就做。不要拖延。让我们完成这项工作,而且要以两党合作的方式完成它。

To those of you who are here today, I want to just say one last thing and that is -- thank you. I want to thank you for your persistence. I want to thank you for your activism. I want to thank you for your passion and your heart when it comes to this issue. And I want to tell you, you’ve got to keep it up. Keep putting the pressure on all of us to get this done. There are going to be moments -- and there are always moments like this in big efforts at reform -- where you meet resistance, and the press will declare something dead, it’s not going to happen, but that can be overcome.

对今天在场的各位,我只想再讲最后一句,那就是——谢谢大家。我要感谢你们一直坚持不懈。我要感谢你们积极努力。我要感谢你们在这个问题上的关切和真心。而且我要告诉你们,你们必须坚持下去。继续敦促我们所有人完成这项工作。总会有这样的时刻——在推行重大的改革举措时总会有这样的时刻——在你们遇到阻力时,新闻媒体会宣称这件事已成泡影、无法实现,但这是可以克服的。

And I have to say, Joe, as I look out at this room, these don’t look like people who are easily deterred. (Laughter.)

而且我必须说,乔(副总统Joe Biden),当我环顾四周,看到的这些人都不像是会被轻易吓倒的。(笑声)

(THE VICE PRESIDENT: I don’t think so.)

(副总统:我想不会。)

They don’t look like folks who are going to give up. (Applause.) You look fired up to make the next push. And whether you’re a Republican or a Democrat or an independent, I want you to keep working, and I’m going to be right next to you, to make sure we get immigration reform done. It is time. Let’s go get it done.

他们不像是会气馁的人。(掌声)你们看起来热情高昂,要作出下一步努力。不管你们是共和党人,还是民主党人,亦或是无党派人士,我希望你们继续努力,而我将与你们肩并肩,确保我们完成移民改革工作。是时候了,让我们去完成这项工作吧。

Thank you very much, everybody. (Applause.)

非常感谢各位。

↓下载资源↓

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-2-27 13:31:09 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-2-27 20:22:03 | 显示全部楼层
practice makes perfect. that's why you should keep moving on.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-6-9 22:09:28 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
感谢提供
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-8-15 09:17:19 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-8-15 09:31:02 | 显示全部楼层
口译训练
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-1-20 15:30:17 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-1-20 15:30:53 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-4-18 23:23:56 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-12-17 19:02:20 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 19:47 , Processed in 0.050365 second(s), 19 queries .