[经济] 2022-11-21 英国首相苏纳克英国工业联合会演讲节选

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2022-12-9 16:23:43 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
回帖下载英语原声音频及双语文档:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Speech by Prime Minister Rishi Sunak to the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) Conference in Birmingham
21 November 2022

英国首相苏纳克在伯明翰举行的英国工业联合会大会上的演讲(节选)
2022年11月21日

Tony, let me start by saying thank you to you and your team. The CBI is a valued institution in this country and a powerful voice for business.

托尼,首先我要向你和你的团队表示感谢。英国工业联合会是我们英国十分重要的一个机构,是众多企业的代表。

I’m not just here to solve problems. I want to build a better country. Where we get inflation down and grow the economy. Where we cut NHS waiting times and improve the quality of care. Where we invest more in schools and give every child a world-class education.

我来到这里不仅仅是要解决问题。我想要建设一个更好的国家。我们可以降低通货膨胀,促进经济增长。缩短医疗等待时间,提高护理质量,对学校投入更多,让每个孩子都能获得顶尖教育。

And critical to achieving all this is innovation. That’s my theme today, and a defining focus of my government.

而实现这一切的关键是创新。这也是我今天演讲的主题,更是本届政府的工作重点。

I sometimes worry that when people hear the word ‘innovation’, all they think of are the latest gadgets – a smarter watch, better TV, or faster car.

我有时担心,当人们听到“创新”一词时,想到的都是最新的小玩意儿——更智能的手表、更好的电视或更快的汽车。

But to me, innovation is much more about new ideas, new ways of doing things that drive economic and social progress. The product of creativity and ingenuity and what Roosevelt called ‘bold, persistent experimentation.’

但对我来说,创新更多的是推动经济和社会进步的新思想、新方法。它是创造力和独创性的产物,是罗斯福所称的“大胆、持久的实验”。

I want to lead a country where that mindset and that culture of innovation permeates every aspect of what we do.Where it’s at the heart of our economic policy and at the heart of our vision for public services.

我想我们的国家将创新思维和创新文化渗透到我们所做的方方面面,成为我们经济政策的核心,以及公共服务规划的核心。

The question is – how do we do that? First, we need to harness innovation to drive economic growth. Second, we need to embed innovation in our public services – especially our NHS. Third, we need to teach people the skills to become great innovators.

问题是——我们如何才能做到这一点?首先,我们需要利用创新来推动经济增长。第二,我们需要在公共服务中引入创新——尤其是我们的医疗体系。第三,我们需要教给人们如何成为伟大的创新者。

Innovation matters. It matters because it creates more jobs, higher wages, and better opportunities for people. It matters because it improves our schools and NHS. And, over the long term, by boosting growth and creating more productive public services, innovation is how we will cut taxes for people and businesses.

创新至关重要。它很重要,因为它能创造更多的就业、更高的工资和更好的机会。它很重要,因为它能改善我们的学校和医疗体系。而且,从长远来看,通过促进增长和创造更具生产力的公共服务,创新是我们为人民和企业减税的重要途径。

That’s why I am placing innovation at the heart of my governing agenda.  And despite the challenges we face – I am optimistic about the future. Because the golden thread of our national story has always been innovation. The idea that what’s yet to be discovered is surely even greater than all that’s come before.

这就是为什么我将创新放在本届政府的工作核心。尽管面临挑战,但我对未来充满信心。因为我们国家故事的主线始终是创新。等待我们发现的一定比以往的一切都要伟大。

I want the United Kingdom to be a place of learning, discovery, and imagination, of potential realised and ambition fulfilled. That’s how we’ll improve the lives of all our people. And as your Prime Minister, that’s what I’m going to do.

我希望英国成为一个热爱学习、发现和想象的国度,实现潜力,实现抱负。这就是我们改善每个人生活的途径。作为你们的首相,这就是我要努力实现的。

Thank you.

非常感谢。
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
发表于 2022-12-10 12:19:49 | 只看该作者
英国首相苏纳克英国工业联合会演讲节选
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2022-12-18 15:52:06 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

地板
发表于 2023-2-12 14:18:55 | 只看该作者
请求下载,谢谢分享!
回复

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2023-2-24 16:42:25 | 只看该作者
[经济] 2022-11-21 英国首相苏纳克英国工业联合会演讲节选
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2023-2-25 11:19:52 | 只看该作者
我要下载
回复

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2023-3-19 13:49:44 | 只看该作者
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2023-4-18 17:20:04 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2023-5-21 21:41:15 | 只看该作者
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2023-6-15 20:29:58 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-4-23 14:09 , Processed in 0.052367 second(s), 20 queries .