[时政] 2022-09-19 美国前总统奥巴马追忆英国女王伊丽莎白二世

[复制链接]
发表于 2022-10-25 09:39:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
回帖下载完整视频及双语文档:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Barack Obama remembers Queen Elizabeth II
美国前总统奥巴马追忆英国女王伊丽莎白二世

The first time that I met the Queen was visiting London. She reminded me very much of my grandmother, which surprised me, not just in appearance but also in manner, very gracious but also no-nonsense. Wry sense of humor. She could not have been more kind or thoughtful to me and Michelle.

我第一次见到女王是在伦敦。她让我想起了我的祖母,这让我很惊讶,不仅在外表上,而且在态度上,非常亲切,简单直接,诙谐幽默。她对我和米歇尔非常的体贴。

Shortly thereafter, Michelle and Malia and Sasha, my two daughters, had occasion to go back to England. Buckingham Palace reached out and Her Majesty had invited Michelle and the two girls to tea. She had then offered the girls to drive in her golden carriage around the grounds of Buckingham Palace. It was the sort of generosity and consideration that left a mark in my daughter’s lives that’s still there.

此后不久,米歇尔和我的两个女儿玛利亚和萨沙有机会再次到访英国。白金汉宫发出邀请,女王陛下请米歇尔和两个女孩喝茶。然后,她让两个孩子开着她的金色马车在白金汉宫周围兜风。正是这种慷慨和体贴在我女儿的生活中留下了深刻的印记,至今难忘。

The queen was an excellent listener. She had a genuine curiosity, although she was impatient to get to the point.

女王是一位出色的倾听者。她有一种特别的好奇心,同时也总愿意尽快进入正题。

This is in 2011 and we’ve been invited to a State Dinner at Buckingham Palace. State Dinners at Buckingham Palace are a little different than state dinners everywhere else. The queen was dressed up quite a bit for the state dinner and it was a little bit concerning for Michelle because as a gift to Her Majesty, Michelle had selected a small, modest broach of nominal value. We reciprocated the following evening with a dinner that we hosted at the American Embassy. But the one thing we immediately notice is that she's wearing the brooch that Michelle had given and it was an example of the subtle thoughtfulness that she consistently displayed not just to us but everybody who she interacted with.

这是在2011年,我们被邀请参加白金汉宫的国宴。白金汉宫的国宴与其他地方的国宴略有不同。女王在国宴上盛装打扮,这让米歇尔有些担心,因为米歇尔选择了一个并不十分昂贵的小胸针作为礼物送给女王陛下。晚上,我们在美国大使馆举办了晚宴作为回请。我们立即注意到的一件事是,她戴着米歇尔给的胸针,这是她一贯表现出的微妙体贴的一个例子,不仅对我们,而且对与她接触的每个人。

She was very mindful of guests at Buckingham Palace not overstaying their welcome. She was looking at her watch and at some point said, “Well, OK, it's time to go.” And the same was true as a guest, she wasn't interested in overstaying her welcome. She looked at her watch at a certain point and said, “I think we need to wrap this up.”

她非常注意白金汉宫的客人,不会过度欢迎他们。她会看着表,某一时刻说:“好了,好了,该走了。”她作为客人也是如此,她也不会长时间的逗留。她看着手表,说:“我想我们可以结束了。”

The combination of a sense of duty and a clear understanding of her role as a symbol for a nation and as the carrier of a certain set of values, combined with a very human quality of kindness and consideration, I think that's what made her so beloved not just in Great Britain but around the world.

她十分注重自己的身份,承载了一种责任感,和对自己作为国家的象征,以及特定价值观的载体,再加上她非常人性化的善良和体贴,我认为这就是她如此受人喜爱的原因,不仅仅在英国,而是在世界各地。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-10-27 18:59:19 | 显示全部楼层
美国前总统奥巴马追忆英国女王伊丽莎白二世
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-10-29 17:34:17 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-11-1 14:45:14 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢谢谢谢谢谢谢
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-11-3 15:26:52 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-12-17 14:44:18 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-12-19 15:15:58 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2023-8-24 09:29:46 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢谢谢谢谢谢谢谢谢谢谢
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 08:34 , Processed in 0.067142 second(s), 21 queries .