点击购买获取口译网网站注册邀请码口译自己怎么练 微信就能天天练!独家口译教学训练备考实战精华语料库关注口译网公众号 订阅最新口译资料
查看: 1705|回复: 3

[时政] 2022-09-09 英国国王查尔斯三世首次电视讲话

[复制链接]
发表于 2022-10-25 09:34:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
回帖下载完整视频及双语文档:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

I speak to you today with feelings of profound sorrow. Throughout her life, Her Majesty The Queen – my beloved Mother – was an inspiration and example to me and to all my family, and we owe her the most heartfelt debt any family can owe to their mother; for her love, affection, guidance, understanding and example. Queen Elizabeth was a life well lived; a promise with destiny kept and she is mourned most deeply in her passing. That promise of lifelong service I renew to you all today.

今天我怀着深深的悲痛之情对你们说。在她的一生中,女王陛下,我亲爱的母亲,是我和我所有家人的灵感和榜样,我们欠她的是任何家庭对其母亲最衷心的亏欠;因为她的爱、亲情、指导、理解和榜样。伊丽莎白女王的一生是光辉的一生;她遵守了与命运的承诺,她的离去得到人们最深切的哀悼。我今天向你们大家重申这一终身服务的承诺。

Alongside the personal grief that all my family are feeling, we also share with so many of you in the United Kingdom, in all the countries where The Queen was Head of State, in the Commonwealth and across the world, a deep sense of gratitude for the more than seventy years in which my Mother, as Queen, served the people of so many nations.

除了我所有家人的个人悲痛之外,我们还与英国、女王担任国家元首的所有国家、英联邦和世界各地的许多人一样,对我的母亲作为女王为这么多国家的人民服务的70多年,有着深深的感激之情。

In 1947, on her twenty-first birthday, she pledged in a broadcast from Cape Town to the Commonwealth to devote her life, whether it be short or long, to the service of her peoples. That was more than a promise: it was a profound personal commitment which defined her whole life. She made sacrifices for duty. Her dedication and devotion as Sovereign never wavered, through times of change and progress, through times of joy and celebration, and through times of sadness and loss. In her life of service we saw that abiding love of tradition, together with that fearless embrace of progress, which make us great as Nations. The affection, admiration and respect she inspired became the hallmark of her reign. And, as every member of my family can testify, she combined these qualities with warmth, humour and an unerring ability always to see the best in people.

1947年,在她21岁生日时,她在开普敦对英联邦的一次广播中承诺,无论时间长短,她都将把自己的生命投入到为她的人民服务中。这不仅仅是一个承诺:这是一个决定了她的整个人生的誓言。她为职责做出了牺牲。她作为君主的献身精神和奉献精神从未动摇过,无论是在历史变革和进步时期,还是在欢乐和庆祝时期,以及在悲伤和损失时期。在她的服务生涯中,我们看到了对传统的持久热爱,以及对进步的无畏拥抱,这使我们成为伟大的国家。她受到的爱戴、钦佩和尊重成为她统治时期的标志。正如我的每个家庭成员可以证明的那样,她将这些品质与热情、幽默和总是能看到人们的优点的准确能力相结合。

I pay tribute to my Mother’s memory and I honour her life of service. I know that her death brings great sadness to so many of you and I share that sense of loss, beyond measure, with you all. When The Queen came to the throne, Britain and the world were still coping with the privations and aftermath of the Second World War, and still living by the conventions of earlier times. In the course of the last seventy years we have seen our society become one of many cultures and many faiths. The institutions of the State have changed in turn. But, through all changes and challenges, our nation and the wider family of Realms – of whose talents, traditions and achievements I am so inexpressibly proud – have prospered and flourished. Our values have remained, and must remain, constant.

我对母亲的一生,对她一生服务国家充满敬意。我知道她的去世给你们中许多人带来了巨大的悲痛,我和你们一样,有一种无法衡量的损失感。女王登基时,英国和世界仍在应对第二次世界大战的苦难和后果,仍在按照早期的惯例生活。过去的70年里,我们看到我们的社会已经成为一个拥有多种文化和多种信仰的社会。国家的机制也随之发生了变化。但是,在这些所有的变化和挑战之下,我们的国家成为了更广泛的王国大家庭,我为他们展现出的才能、传统和成就感到无比的自豪。我们的价值观也从未改变。

The role and the duties of Monarchy also remain, as does the Sovereign’s particular relationship and responsibility towards the Church of England – the Church in which my own faith is so deeply rooted. In that faith, and the values it inspires, I have been brought up to cherish a sense of duty to others, and to hold in the greatest respect the precious traditions, freedoms and responsibilities of our unique history and our system of parliamentary government. As The Queen herself did with such unswerving devotion, I too now solemnly pledge myself, throughout the remaining time God grants me, to uphold the Constitutional principles at the heart of our nation. And wherever you may live in the United Kingdom, or in the Realms and territories across the world, and whatever may be your background or beliefs, I shall endeavour to serve you with loyalty, respect and love, as I have throughout my life.

君主制的角色和职责也仍然存在,君主对英格兰教会的特殊关系和责任也仍然存在——我自己的信仰就深深扎根于教会。本着这种信念,以及它所激发的价值观,我从小就怀有对他人的责任感,并最大程度地尊重我们独特的历史和议会政府制度的宝贵传统、自由和责任。正如女王本人以如此坚定不移的奉献精神所做的那样,我现在也郑重承诺,在上帝赐予我的剩余时间里,我将维护我们国家核心的宪法原则。无论你居住在英国,还是世界各地的领土,无论你的背景或信仰如何,我都将努力以忠诚、尊重和爱为你服务,就像我一生所做的那样。

My life will of course change as I take up my new responsibilities. It will no longer be possible for me to give so much of my time and energies to the charities and issues for which I care so deeply. But I know this important work will go on in the trusted hands of others. This is also a time of change for my family. I count on the loving help of my darling wife, Camilla. In recognition of her own loyal public service since our marriage seventeen years ago, she becomes my Queen Consort. I know she will bring to the demands of her new role the steadfast devotion to duty on which I have come to rely so much.

当然,随着我承担起新的责任,我的生活会发生变化。我再也不可能将很多时间和精力投入到深切关心的慈善事业和问题上。但我知道这项重要的事业将在其他值得信赖的人手中继续下去。这对我的家庭来说也是一个很大的改变。我需要我亲爱的妻子卡米拉的爱心帮助。自从我们十七年前结婚以来,为了表彰她忠诚的公共服务,她成为我的王后。我知道她将以新的角色对职责做出奉献。

As my Heir, William now assumes the Scottish titles which have meant so much to me. He succeeds me as Duke of Cornwall and takes on the responsibilities for the Duchy of Cornwall which I have undertaken for more than five decades. Today, I am proud to create him Prince of Wales, Tywysog Cymru, the country whose title I have been so greatly privileged to bear during so much of my life and duty. With Catherine beside him, our new Prince and Princess of Wales will, I know, continue to inspire and lead our national conversations, helping to bring the marginal to the centre ground where vital help can be given. I want also to express my love for Harry and Meghan as they continue to build their lives overseas.

作为我的继承人,威廉现在承担了对我来说意义重大的苏格兰头衔。他接替我担任康沃尔公爵,并肩负起我已承担的50多年的对康沃尔公国的职责。今天,我很自豪地授予他威尔士亲王,这一头衔曾伴随我生命和职责的大部分时间。我知道,与凯瑟琳一道,我们的新王子和威尔士王妃将继续激励和领导我们的全国对话,帮助将边缘群体带到可以提供重要帮助的中心地带。我还想表达我对哈里和梅根的爱,他们继续在海外建立自己的生活。

In a little over a week’s time we will come together as a nation, as a Commonwealth and indeed a global community, to lay my beloved mother to rest. In our sorrow, let us remember and draw strength from the light of her example. On behalf of all my family, I can only offer the most sincere and heartfelt thanks for your condolences and support. They mean more to me than I can ever possibly express.

再过一周多一点的时间,我们将作为一个国家、一个英联邦乃至一个全球社区聚集在一起,让我心爱的母亲安息。 在悲痛中,让我们铭记并从她的榜样中汲取力量。 我谨代表全家人对你们的慰问和支持表示最诚挚衷心的感谢。这些关怀对我意义重大。

And to my darling Mama, as you begin your last great journey to join my dear late Papa, I want simply to say this: thank you. Thank you for your love and devotion to our family and to the family of nations you have served so diligently all these years. May “flights of Angels sing thee to thy rest”.

对我亲爱的妈妈,当你开启你最后一次伟大的旅程,去陪伴我亲爱的已故爸爸时,我只想说:谢谢您。谢谢您对我们的家庭,以及这些年来为我们的国家辛苦的服务和无尽的爱与奉献。 愿“天使的飞翔,为你的安息歌唱”。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-10-27 18:55:19 | 显示全部楼层
英国国王查尔斯三世首次电视讲话
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2023-2-16 11:14:28 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2023-3-22 20:30:59 | 显示全部楼层
英国国王查尔斯三世首次电视讲话
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-4-16 17:28 , Processed in 0.048686 second(s), 19 queries .