发表于 2022-10-25 09:28:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
回帖下载完整视频及双语文档:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Prime Minister Liz Truss’s Speech
6 September 2022

Good afternoon,

下午好,

I have just accepted Her Majesty The Queen’s kind invitation to form a new government.

我刚刚接受了女王陛下的盛情邀请,组建新政府。

Let me pay tribute to my predecessor. Boris Johnson delivered Brexit, the Covid vaccine, and stood up to Russian aggression. History will see him as a hugely consequential Prime Minister.

我要向我的前任致敬。鲍里斯·约翰逊实现了脱欧,全民接种新冠疫苗,并抵抗了俄罗斯的侵略。历史将把他视为一位非常重要的首相。

I’m honoured to take on this responsibility at a vital time for our country.

我很荣幸在我们国家的关键时刻承担这一责任。

What makes the United Kingdom great is our fundamental belief in freedom, in enterprise, and in fair play.

英国之所以伟大,是因为我们对自由、进取心以及公平竞争的基本信念。

Our people have shown grit, courage and determination time and time again.

我们的人民一次又一次地展现出毅力、勇气和决心。

We now face severe global headwinds caused by Russia’s appalling war in Ukraine and the aftermath of Covid.

我们正面临着由俄罗斯对乌克兰骇人听闻的战争和新冠疫情共同造成的严重全球困境。

Now is the time to tackle the issues that are holding Britain back. We need to build roads, homes and broadband faster. We need more investment and great jobs in every town and city across our country. We need to reduce the burden on families and help people get on in life.

现在是解决阻碍英国发展问题的时候了。我们需要更快地建设道路、住宅和宽带。我们在每一个城镇都需要更多的投资和更多的工作。我们需要减轻家庭负担,帮助人们维持生计。

I know that we have what it takes to tackle those challenges. Of course, it won’t be easy. But we can do it.

我知道我们有能力应对这些挑战。当然,这并不容易。但我们可以做到。

We will transform Britain into an aspiration nation…with high-paying jobs, safe streets and where everyone everywhere has the opportunities they deserve.

我们要把英国变成一个充满希望的国家……提供高薪的工作、安全的街道以及人人应得的机会。

I will take action this day, and action every day, to make it happen.

我今天就会采取行动,以后每一天都会采取行动,去实现它。

United with our allies, we will stand up for freedom and democracy around the world – recognising that we can’t have security at home without having security abroad.

我们将与盟友紧密团结,在世界范围捍卫自由和民主——因为没有国外的安全,就没有国内的安全。

As Prime Minister, I will pursue three early priorities.

作为首相,我会优先从三件事情入手。

Firstly, I will get Britain working again. I have a bold plan to grow the economy through tax cuts and reform. I will cut taxes to reward hard work and boost business-led growth and investment. I will drive reform in my mission to get the United Kingdom working, building, and growing. We will get spades in the ground to make sure people are not facing unaffordable energy bills and we will also make sure that we are building hospitals, schools, roads, and broadband.

首先,我会让英国重新运转起来。我有一个大胆的计划,通过减税和改革来发展经济。通过减税来奖励辛勤工作的人们,同时促进以商业为主导的增长和投资。我将以推动改革为使命,让英国运转、建设和发展。我们将全力以赴,确保人们不会面临负担不起的能源账单,我们还将确保我们持续建设医院、学校、道路和宽带。

Secondly, I will deal hands-on with the energy crisis caused by Putin’s war. I will take action this week to deal with energy bills and to secure our future energy supply.

其次,我会亲自处理普京战争造成的能源危机。本周我将采取行动处理能源账单并确保我们未来的能源供应。

Thirdly, I will make sure that people can get doctors’ appointments and the NHS services they need. We will put our health service on a firm footing.

第三,我会确保人们能够预约到医生以及他们需要的医疗服务。我们会给医疗服务打下坚实的基础。

By delivering on the economy, on energy, and on the NHS, we will put our nation on the path to long-term success.

通过实现经济、能源和全民医疗,我们将使我们的国家走上长期成功的道路。

We shouldn’t be daunted by the challenges we face. As strong as the storm may be, I know that the British people are stronger. Our country was built by people who get things done. We have huge reserves of talent, of energy, and determination. I am confident that, together, we can ride out the storm. We can rebuild our economy. And we can become the modern brilliant Britain that I know we can be.

我们不应该被挑战吓倒。风暴很猛烈,但我知道英国人民更强大。我们国家的人民脚踏实地。我们有巨大的人才储备、能源储备和决心。我相信,我们可以一起度过难关。我们可以重建我们的经济。我们可以成为心目中希望的现代辉煌的英国。

This is our vital mission to ensure opportunity and prosperity for all people and future generations. I am determined to deliver.

这就是我们的重要使命,为所有人和子孙后代创造机会,创造繁荣。我会全力以赴。

Thank you.

谢谢。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-10-27 18:45:28 | 显示全部楼层
英国首相特拉斯就任演讲
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2023-2-16 10:46:31 | 显示全部楼层

英国首相特拉斯就任演讲
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2023-2-19 23:43:58 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2023-8-10 09:47:58 | 显示全部楼层
xiexiexiexiexiexiexiexie
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 08:57 , Processed in 0.057888 second(s), 21 queries .