[环境] 2021-11-01 英国女王伊丽莎白第26届联合国气候变化大会致辞

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2021-11-5 11:05:39 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
回帖下载完整视频、音频及双语文档:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Speech by Her Majesty The Queen Via Video Message to the COP26 Evening Reception
1 November 2021

英国女王伊丽莎白第26届联合国气候变化大会晚间招待会致辞
2021年11月1日

Thank you, Prime Minister Holness, for your kind words of introduction.

谢谢你,霍尔内斯总理,感谢你的热情介绍。

I am delighted to welcome you all to the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference; and it is perhaps fitting that you have come together in Glasgow, once a heartland of the industrial revolution, but now a place to address climate change.

我很高兴欢迎大家参加第 26 届联合国气候变化大会;大会选择格拉斯哥恰如其分,因为这里曾是工业革命的中心,而现在它已成为应对气候变化之地。

This is a duty I am especially happy to discharge, as the impact of the environment on human progress was a subject close to the heart of my dear late husband, Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh.

我十分高兴向大家致辞,因为环境对人类发展的影响是菲利普亲王,我亲爱的丈夫、爱丁堡公爵最关心的话题。

I remember well that in 1969, he told an academic gathering:

我清楚地记得1969年他曾在一次学术会议上说:

“If the world pollution situation is not critical at the moment, it is as certain as anything can be, that the situation will become increasingly intolerable within a very short time… If we fail to cope with this challenge, all the other problems will pale into insignificance.”

“如果目前世界污染形势不严重,那么可以肯定的是,情况将在很短的时间内变得越来越难以忍受……如果我们不能应对这一挑战,其他所有问题都将黯然失色,变得无足轻重。”

It is a source of great pride to me that the leading role my husband played in encouraging people to protect our fragile planet, lives on through the work of our eldest son Charles and his eldest son William. I could not be more proud of them.

我的丈夫在鼓励人们保护这个脆弱的星球方面所发挥的主导作用,通过我们的长子查尔斯以及长孙威廉的工作得以延续,我为他们感到无比自豪。

Indeed, I have drawn great comfort and inspiration from the relentless enthusiasm of people of all ages – especially the young – in calling for everyone to play their part.

事实上,不同年龄的人——特别是年轻人——对参与行动的热切呼吁给了我极大的安慰和启发。

In the coming days, the world has the chance to join in the shared objective of creating a safer, stabler future for our people and for the planet on which we depend.

在接下来的几天里,世界有机会共同制定目标,为我们的人民和我们赖以生存的星球创造一个更安全、更稳定的未来。

None of us underestimates the challenges ahead: but history has shown that when nations come together in common cause, there is always room for hope. Working side by side, we have the ability to solve the most insurmountable problems and to triumph over the greatest of adversities.

没有人会低估未来的挑战:但历史表明,当各国为了共同的事业走到一起时,一切就会变得充满希望。携手努力,我们有能力解决最难以克服的问题,战胜最大的挑战。

For more than seventy years, I have been lucky to meet and to know many of the world’s great leaders. And I have perhaps come to understand a little about what made them special.

七十多年来,我有幸认识了世界上许多伟大的领导人,他们之所以杰出自然是有原因的。

It has sometimes been observed that what leaders do for their people today is government and politics. But what they do for the people of tomorrow – that is statesmanship.

人们有时会观察到,为今日之人民服务的是政府和政治。而为明日之人民服务的——那就是政治家。

I, for one, hope that this conference will be one of those rare occasions where everyone will have the chance to rise above the politics of the moment, and achieve true statesmanship.

一方面,我希望这次会议将成为每个人都有机会超越当下政治并实现真正政治家风范的难得机会。

It is the hope of many that the legacy of this summit – written in history books yet to be printed – will describe you as the leaders who did not pass up the opportunity; and that you answered the call of those future generations. That you left this conference as a community of nations with a determination, a desire, and a plan, to address the impact of climate change; and to recognise that the time for words has now moved to the time for action.

许多人对本次峰会充满希望,愿其即将载入史册的遗产将你们描述为没有放弃这次机会的领导人;你们回应了未来子孙的呼唤。你们给这次会议留下的是一个有决心、愿望和计划应对气候变化影响的国际大家庭;你们清楚现在已经到了行动的时候了。

Of course, the benefits of such actions will not be there to enjoy for all of us here today: we none of us will live forever. But we are doing this not for ourselves but for our children and our children’s children, and those who will follow in their footsteps.

当然,这些行动的好处不会让今天在座的所有人享受:我们没有人会永远活着。但我们这样做不是为了我们自己,而是为了我们的孩子和我们孩子的孩子,以及那些追随脚步的人。

And so, I wish you every good fortune in this significant endeavour.

因此,我祝你们在这项重要的努力中一切顺利。
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
发表于 2021-11-5 18:47:01 来自手机 | 只看该作者
特别好正在练习
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2021-11-5 22:19:44 | 只看该作者
英国女王伊丽莎白第26届联合国气候变化大会晚间招待会致辞
回复

使用道具 举报

地板
发表于 2021-11-6 12:36:04 | 只看该作者
英国女王伊丽莎白第26届联合国气候变化大会致辞
回复

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2021-11-6 19:45:56 | 只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2021-11-7 07:21:29 | 只看该作者
thanks for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2021-11-8 08:50:19 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2021-11-8 09:58:56 | 只看该作者

thanks for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2021-11-8 11:33:57 | 只看该作者
thank you for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2021-11-8 18:04:31 | 只看该作者
THX THX THX
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 21:05 , Processed in 0.048773 second(s), 18 queries .