[文教] 2021-06-05 美国总统拜登向2021届毕业生致辞

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-6-8 09:53:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
回帖下载完整视频及双语文档:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

A Message from President Biden to the Class of 2021

美国总统拜登向2021届毕业生致辞

Congratulations. I’m proud of each and every one of you.

祝贺你们。我为你们每个人感到骄傲。

This past year has been an extraordinarily difficult year for our country and for the world – the times of loss and anxiety and disruption, and I know you felt it, too. Losing loved ones and friends, losing time with each other, but you’ve been incredibly resilient, and you’re ready for what comes next.

过去的一年对我们的国家和世界来说都是异常艰难的一年——失落、焦虑和混乱的时代,我知道你也有这种感觉。失去亲人和朋友,失去彼此在一起的时间,但你一直非常有韧性,已为接下来的事情做好了准备。

No graduating class gets to choose the world in which they graduate. Every class enters the history of the nation up to the point that has been written by others. But few classes – once in every few generations – enters at a point in our history where it actually has a chance to change the trajectory of the country.

没有哪个毕业班可以选择他们毕业时的世界是什么样的。人们大多进入的是已由他人书写了的国家历史。但很少有班级——在几代中才会出现一次——在我们的历史中,实际上有机会改变国家的轨迹。

Just three years after I stood where you’re standing, two of my political heroes, Dr. King and Robert Kennedy, were gunned down. The Vietnam War divided the nation and divided families. We were in the midst of a great movement for civil rights, women’s rights and environmental rights. We…we faced an inflection point, and we did our best to seize that moment because things were changing so rapidly.

就在我像你们此刻所站的地方参加毕业典礼三年后,我的两位政治英雄,金博士和罗伯特·肯尼迪被枪杀。越南战争分裂了国家,分裂了家庭。我们当时正处于一场民权、妇女权利和环境权利的伟大运动中。我们......我们面临着一个转折点,我们尽最大努力抓住那一刻,因为事情变化太快了。

And now, you face another inflection point. As we put this pandemic behind us, rebuild our economy, root out systemic racism, and tackle climate change, we’re addressing the great crises of our time with a greater sense of purpose than ever before. And because of you – your generation – I’ve never been more optimistic about the future than I am today. You represent one of the most gifted and talented and well-educated generations in American history. And you’re going to see more change in the next 10 years than you saw and…we saw in the last 50 years. But it’s going to be up to you. It’s going to be up to you to translate that unprecedented change into a greater measure of happiness and prosperity for not only you and our nation, but for the world around you. And I know you will.

而现在,你们面临着另一个拐点。在我们摆脱这场疫情、重建经济、根除系统性种族主义和应对气候变化时,我们正在以前所未有的使命感应对我们这个时代的重大危机。因为有了你——你们这一代人——我对未来从未像今天这样乐观。你们代表着美国历史上最有天赋、最有才华、受过良好教育的一代。在接下来的10年里,你将看到比以往看到的更多的变化......超过我们过去50年里看到的变化。但未来由你决定。不仅为了你和我们的国家,而且为了你身边的世界,将这种前所未有的变化转化为更大程度的幸福和繁荣。我知道你一定会成功。

The Irish poet Seamus Heaney once wrote,
“History says,
Don’t hope on this side of the grave.
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history can rhyme.”

爱尔兰诗人谢默斯·希尼曾写道,
“历史说:在坟墓的这一边
别抱希望。”
但是,生命中,总有一次
勃发的渴望,
期盼正义的波涛飞扬,
和着希望与历史的乐章。”

Graduates, you have a chance to make hope and history rhyme.

毕业生们,你们有机会让希望与历史共响。

So, congratulations! Go out and do what you can. May God bless you and your families.

所以,祝贺你!去实现你的理想抱负。愿上帝保佑你和你的家人。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-6-10 16:35:48 | 显示全部楼层
美国总统拜登向2021届毕业生致辞
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-6-10 18:05:00 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-6-12 21:56:32 | 显示全部楼层

美国总统拜登向2021届毕业生致辞
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-6-13 21:59:57 | 显示全部楼层
美国总统拜登向2021届毕业生致辞
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-6-18 11:36:56 | 显示全部楼层
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-6-18 22:00:32 | 显示全部楼层
美国总统拜登向2021届毕业生致辞
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-6-19 16:20:29 | 显示全部楼层
美国总统拜登向2021届毕业生致辞

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-7-1 09:50:16 | 显示全部楼层
7月第一练
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-7-2 19:58:49 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 22:56 , Processed in 0.049376 second(s), 19 queries .