点击购买获取口译网网站注册邀请码口译自己怎么练 微信就能天天练!独家口译教学训练备考实战精华语料库关注口译网公众号 订阅最新口译资料
查看: 9487|回复: 11

[篇章] A Glass Of Water 一杯水的启迪

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-2-9 10:11:46 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
回帖下载完整音频及双语文档:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

A psychologist walked into a room while teaching stress management to an audience.

一位心理学家走进教室向听众讲述压力管理。

As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected that they’d be asked, “is this glass half empty or half full?”

当她举起一杯水的时候,每个人都猜测他们会被问到,“这杯水是半空或是半满?”

But instead, with a smile on her face, she asked:”How heavy do you think this glass of water is?”

然而,她却面带微笑地问道,“你们觉得这杯水有多重?”

People called out 8 oz., 16 oz., 20 oz.

听众喊到“8盎司” “16盎司” “20盎司”。

She replied,”The weight of this glass doesn’t matter.”

“这杯水的实际重量不是重点”她回答道。

“It all depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for just a minute, it’s not a problem. The glass still feels light. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll probably have an ache in my arm. The glass will feel heavy. And if I hold it for an entire day, my arm will start feel numb and paralyzed. The glass would feel unbearable.

“它的重量取决于我端着它的时间。如果我仅仅端一分钟根本不成问题,这杯水对我来说依然很轻;如果端一个小时,那我可能会感觉胳膊疼,会觉得这杯水很重;如果我一整天都端着它,我的胳膊就会麻木无力,感觉要端不住这杯水了。”

“The weight of the glass never changes, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes. The stresses and worries in life are like a glass of water. If you think about them for a while – nothing happens. If think about them for a bit longer they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, then you will feel paralyzed –incapable of doing anything.”So remember to put the glass down.

这杯水的重量从始至终没有改变,但我端地时间越久,它就变得越重。生活中的压力和烦恼就如同这杯水,片刻的焦虑和烦恼不会带来什么问题,要是你多想一会儿,它们就开始伤害你了,如果你一整天都在焦虑烦恼,你会感到麻木,不想做事。所以记住要放下水杯。

This is a very powerful story with a very important lesson. See – most of the personal issues that you’re facing – such as anxiety, depression, low self-esteem come about because of the types of thoughts you have in your head.

这个有影响力的故事给我们上了重要一课。你看,大多数你所面临的个人问题,比如焦虑、抑郁、自卑,都来自于你的想法类型。

If you’re someone who thinks to themselves“I’m not good enough”over and over again throughout the day without even noticing it, that’s when you start to develop problems like low self-esteem and anxiety.

如果你是那种一整天反复告诉自己“我不够优秀”,甚至自己都不曾注意到,那就是你自卑、焦虑等问题出现的开始。

And it’s not that these thoughts appear just a couple dozen times throughout the day – the truth of the matter is you’re probably thinking these thoughts hundreds of times over and over again all day long without even noticing it.

这些问题并不是因为你一天想了几十次。事情的真相是,你可能在一天里一遍又一遍毫无意识地想过成百上千次。

You need to learn to control how long you think about these thoughts – you need to learn to put the glass of water down.

你要学会控制陷入这些想法的时间,你要学会把这杯水放下。

And this is a skill set that can be largely acquired by meditating. Which I highly suggest you to really consider doing, because it’s actually going to help out a lot.

这项技能可以通过冥想获得。我建议你们认真考虑做一下,它对你的帮助会很大。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-2-13 09:07:34 | 显示全部楼层
一杯水的启迪
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-2-17 15:29:11 | 显示全部楼层
thanks for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-2-21 15:58:01 | 显示全部楼层
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-3-23 16:32:21 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-4-2 16:43:58 | 显示全部楼层
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-4-26 15:51:56 | 显示全部楼层
thanks for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-6-23 09:41:20 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-11-21 19:13:21 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-1-29 20:36:28 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 00:31 , Processed in 0.050120 second(s), 19 queries .