打卡上传录音
回帖下载完整英文原声、中文同传视频、音频及文档:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Joe Biden’s First Speech to the Nation as President-Elect of the United States
November 7, 2020

拜登美国总统大选获胜演讲
2020年11月7日

Hello.

My fellow Americans, and the people who brought me to dance: Delawareans.

美国同胞们,让我雀跃的特拉华居民们!

I see my buddy Tom, Senator Tom Carper, down there. And I think, I think Senator Coons is there. And I think the governor’s around and…Is that Ruth Ann? And that’s former Governor Ruth Ann Minner. Most importantly, my sisters-in-law, my sister, Valerie. Anyway.

我看到了参议员汤姆·卡珀、参议员克里斯·孔斯和特拉华州长都在台下,前州长露丝·安·明纳也在吗?最重要的是,我看到了我的妹妹、弟妹都在。

Folks, the people of this nation have spoken. They’ve delivered us a clear victory.  A convincing victory. A victory for “We the People.” We’ve won with the most votes ever cast for a presidential ticket in the history of this nation – 74 million.

同胞们,美国人民给我们带来了一个明确的、令人信服的胜利,这是属于人民的胜利。我们赢得了美国总统选举有史以来最多的选票,7400万张选票!

Well, I must admit it surprised me tonight. We’re seeing, all over this nation, all cities and all parts of the country, indeed across the world, an outpouring of joy, of hope, renewed faith in tomorrow to bring a better day.

我必须承认,看到今晚全国各地、全世界各地迸发的喜悦和希望,重拾明天会更好的信心,这让我有些惊讶。

And I’m humbled by the trust and confidence you’ve placed in me.  I pledge to be a President who seeks not to divide, but unify.  Who…who doesn’t see Red states and Blue states, only sees the United States. And who’ll work with all my heart, with the confidence of the whole people, to win the confidence of all of you. And for that is what America, I believe, is about. It’s about people. And that’s what our administration will be all about.

你们的信任和信心让我受宠若惊。我保证成为一个不为分裂,但求团结的总统。我不会区分红州(共和党主导的州)和蓝州(民主党主导的州),而是一个团结的美国。我将全心全意地工作,以赢得全体人民的信任。因为人民才是美国的意义所在,而这也是我们的政府的宗旨。

I sought this office to restore the soul of America. To rebuild the backbone of this nation – the middle class. And to make America respected around the world again and to unite us here at home. It’s the honor of my lifetime that so many millions of Americans have voted for that vision.  And now the work of making that vision is real. It’s a task, the task of our time.

我竞选总统是为了修复美国的灵魂。重建国家的脊梁——中产阶级。让美国再次受到世界的尊重,让人民在国内团结一致。有这么多的美国人投票支持这个愿景,是我一生的荣幸。现在,实现这一愿景是我们时代的任务。

Folks, as I said many times before, I’m Jill’s husband. And I would not be here without her love and tireless support of Jill, and my son Hunter, and Ashley, my daughter, and all our grandchildren and their spouses, and all our family. They’re my heart.

正如我以前多次说过的,我是吉尔的丈夫。如果没有吉尔、亨特(拜登次子)、阿什利(拜登小女儿)、我们所有的孙辈和他们的配偶,以及我们所有家人的爱和不懈的支持,我就不会站在这里。他们永远在我心上。

Jill is a mom – a military mom – an educator. She’s dedicated her life to education, but teaching isn’t just what she does – it’s who she is. For American educators, this is a great day for you all: You’re going to have one of your own in the White House, and Jill is going to make a great First Lady. I’m so proud of her.

吉尔是一位母亲,一位军人们的母亲,也是一位教育工作者。她把自己的一生都献给了教育事业。教学不仅仅是她的工作,更是她的安身立命之所。对于美国的教育工作者来说,这是一个伟大的日子。你们将有一个自己人入主白宫,而吉尔将是一个很棒的第一夫人。

I’ll have the honor of serving with a fantastic vice president – who you just heard from Kamala Harris – who makes history as first woman, first Black woman, the first woman from South Asian descent, the first daughter of immigrants ever elected in this country. Don’t tell me it’s not possible in the United States.

我还将很荣幸地与一位出色的副总统卡马拉•哈里斯一起共事,她将创造历史,在这个国家作为有史以来第一位女性、第一位黑人女性、第一位南亚裔女性和第一位移民的女儿当选的副总统。在美国一切皆有可能。

It’s long overdue, and we’re reminded tonight of those who fought so hard for so many years to make this happen. But once again, America’s bent the arc of the moral universe more towards justice.

这是早该发生的事。今晚我们想起了所有那些多年来为实现这一目标而努力奋斗的人们。但美国又一次将道德之弧弯向了正义。

Kamala, Doug – like it or not – you’re family. You’ve become an honorary Biden, and there’s no way out.

卡马拉,道格,不管你们喜不喜欢,你们都已经成为我的家人。你们已经成为了名义上的拜登家人,无路可逃。

To all those of you who volunteered, and worked the polls in the middle of this pandemic, local elected officials – you deserve a special thanks from the entire nation. And to my campaign team, and all the volunteers, and all who gave so much of themselves to make this moment possible, I owe you, I owe you. I owe you everything.

对所有不顾疫情在投票站志愿服务和工作的人,以及地方选举官员,你们值得这个国家的特别感谢。我的竞选团队和所有的志愿者们,所有为促成这一时刻而付出的人,我欠你们太多。

And to all those who supported us: I’m proud of the campaign we built and ran. I’m proud of the coalition we put together, the broadest and most diverse coalition in history. Democrats, Republicans, Independents. Progressives, moderates, conservatives. Young and old. Urban, suburban, rural. Gay, straight, transgender. White. Latino. Asian. Native American.

还有所有支持我们的人。我为我们的竞选活动感到骄傲。我为我们组建的联盟感到骄傲,这是历史上最广泛和最多样化的联盟。其中有民主党支持者、共和党支持者和独立派。有进步派、温和派和保守派。有年轻人和老年人。城市、郊区和农村居民。同性恋、异性恋、跨性别者。白人、拉丁裔、亚裔、美国原住民。

I mean it. Especially for those moments…and especially for those moments when this campaign was at its lowest ebb – the African American community stood up again for me. You’ve always had my back, and I’ll have yours.

尤其是在这次竞选最低潮的时刻,非裔美国人社区又为我挺身而出。你们总是支持我,我也会支持你们的。

I said at the outset I wanted to represent this campaign to represent and look like America, we’ve done that. Now that’s what I want the administration to look like and act like.

我从一开始就说过,我想要一场代表美国的竞选,我想我们做到了。现在,这就是我希望政府呈现的样子。

For all those of you who voted for President Trump, I understand the disappointment tonight. I’ve lost a couple of times myself. But now, let’s give each other a chance. It’s time to put away the harsh rhetoric, lower the temperature, see each other again, listen to each other again. And to make progress, we have to stop treating our opponents as our enemies. They are not our enemies. They are Americans. They’re Americans.

对于那些投票给特朗普总统的人,我理解你们今晚的失望。我自己也输过几次选举。但现在,让我们给彼此一个机会。是时候收起那些刺耳的言辞了。降降怒火,再次看到彼此、聆听彼此。为了取得进展,我们必须停止把对手当作敌人。我们不是敌人,我们都是美国人。

The Bible tells us to everything there is a season – a time to build, a time to reap, and a time to sow. And a time to heal. This is the time to heal in America.

《圣经》告诉我们,天下万物都有定期,凡事都有定时。——建造有时,收获有时,播种有时,医治有时。现在就是美国医治的时候。

Now this campaign is over – what is the will of the people? What is our mandate? I believe it’s this: America has called upon us to marshal the forces of decency, the forces of fairness. To marshal the forces of science and the forces of hope in the great battles of our time.

现在竞选已经结束。人民的意愿是什么?我们的任务是什么?我相信是这样的:美国人要求我们召唤正直和公平的力量,召唤科学和希望的力量,投入这个时代的伟大战斗中——

The battle to control the virus. The battle to build prosperity. The battle to secure your family’s health care. The battle to achieve racial justice and root out systemic racism in this country. And the battle to save our planet by getting climate under control. The battle to restore decency, defend democracy, and give everybody in this country a fair shot. That’s all that they’re asking for: a fair shot.

为控制疫情而战。为建设繁荣而战。为保卫你们家庭的健康保险而战。为实现种族公正和根除这个国家的系统性种族主义而战。为拯救气候而战。这是一场重拾尊严、捍卫民主、给这个国家每个人公平机会的战斗。

Folks, our work begins with getting COVID under control. We cannot repair the economy, restore our vitality, or relish life’s most precious moments – hugging our grandchildren, our children, our birthdays, weddings, graduations, all the moments that matter most to us – until we get it under control. On Monday, I will name a group of leading scientists and experts as Transition Advisors to help take the Biden-Harris COVID plan and convert it into an action blueprint that will start on January the 20th, 2021. That plan will be built on bedrock science. It will be constructed out of compassion, empathy and concern. I’ll spare no effort, none – or any commitment – to turn around this pandemic.

我们的工作将从控制疫情开始。在我们控制住病毒之前,我们无法修复经济、恢复我们的活力,也无法享受生活中最珍贵的时刻:拥抱孙辈、庆祝生日、婚礼、毕业,所有对我们来说最重要的时刻。周一,我将任命一批顶尖科学家和专家担任过渡政府顾问,帮助执行我们的“拜登-哈里斯新冠遏制计划”,并将其转变为2021年1月20日开始的行动蓝图。这个计划将建立在科学的基础上。它将建立在同情、共情和关心之上。我将不遗余力扭转这场疫情。

Folks, I’m a proud Democrat. But I will govern as an American president. I’ll work as hard for those who didn’t vote for me – as those who did.

虽然我是作为一个自豪的民主党人参加竞选的,但是我将成为全体美国人民的总统。无论是否投票给我,我会一视同仁地为你们努力工作。

Let this grim era of demonization in America begin to end – here and now. Refusal of Democrats and Republicans to cooperate with one another – it’s not some mysterious force beyond our control. It’s a decision, a choice we make.

让美国这个被妖魔化的残酷时代就此结束吧——此时此地。民主党人和共和党人互相拒绝合作,并不是因为某种我们无法控制的神秘力量。这是一个决定。这是我们自己的选择。

And if we can decide not to cooperate, then we can decide to cooperate. And I believe that this is part of the mandate given to us from the American people. They want us to cooperate in their interest. And that’s the choice I’ll make. And I’ll call on Congress – Democrats and Republicans alike – to make that choice with me.

我们可以决定不合作,也可以决定合作。我相信,这是美国人民授权的一部分。他们希望我们合作。这就是我要做的选择。我呼吁国会——无论是民主党人还是共和党人——和我一起做出这个选择。

The American story is about slow, yet steadily widening the opportunities in America. And make no mistake: Too many dreams have been deferred for too long. We must make the promises of the country real for everybody – no matter their race, their ethnicity, their faith, their identity, or their disability.

美国的故事讲的是一个关于缓慢但稳定扩大的机遇。毫无疑问的是,太多人的梦想被拖延了太久。我们必须让国家的承诺真正惠及每一个人——无论他们的种族、民族、信仰、身份或是否残疾。

Folks, America has always been shaped by inflection points – by moments in time where we’ve made hard decisions about who we are and what we want to be.

美国一直被转折点所塑造——那些我们做出关于我们是谁和我们想成为什么人的艰难决定的时刻。

Lincoln in 1860 – coming to save the Union. FDR in 1932 – promising a beleaguered country a New Deal.  JFK in 1960 – pledging a New Frontier.  And twelve years ago – when Barack Obama made history – and told us, “Yes, we can.”

1860年的林肯总统——挽救了联邦。1932年的罗斯福总统——向一个陷入困境的国家承诺了一项新政。1960年的肯尼迪总统,向美国人承诺了“新边疆”这一改革的施政纲领。12年前,奥巴马总统创造了历史,他告诉我们,“是的,我们可以。”

Well, folks, we stand at an inflection point. We have an opportunity to defeat despair, to build a nation of prosperity and purpose. We can do it. I know we can.

我们再次站在一个转折点上。我们有机会战胜绝望,建立一个繁荣而有目标的国家。我们能做到。我知道我们可以。

I’ve long talked about the battle for the soul of America. We must restore the soul of America. Our nation is shaped by the constant battle between our better angels and our darkest impulses. And what presidents say in this battle matters. It’s time for our better angels to prevail.

我一直在谈论为美国的灵魂而战。我们必须重塑美国的灵魂。我们的国家是由我们的善良天使和我们内心的黑暗冲动之间的持续斗争所塑造的。是时候让我们的善良天使战胜一切了。

Tonight, the whole world is watching America. And I believe at our best, America is a beacon for the globe. We will lead not only by the example of our power, but by the power of our example.

今晚,全世界都在关注美国。我相信,最理想的情况下,美国仍是全球的灯塔。我们领导全球,不是靠展现我们的力量,而是让全球看到我们的努力。

I’ve always believed – many of you heard me say it – I’ve always believed we can define America in one word: Possibilities. That in America, everyone should be given an opportunity to go as far as their dreams and God-given ability will take them. You see, I believe in the possibilities of this country. We’re always looking ahead. Ahead to an America that is freer and more just. Ahead to an America that creates jobs with dignity and respect. Ahead to an America that cures diseases – like cancers and Alzheimer’s. Ahead to an America that never leaves anyone behind. Ahead to an America that never gives up, never gives in.

我一直相信我们可以用一个词来定义美国:可能性。在美国,每个人都应该有机会实现自己的梦想,上帝赋予的能力会实现这些梦想。你看,我相信这个国家的可能性。我们总是向前看。向着一个更自由、更公正的美国前进。向着一个创造有尊严和受尊重的就业机会的美国前进。向着一个治愈疾病的美国前进——比如癌症和阿尔茨海默氏症。向着一个不让任何人掉队的美国前进。向着一个永不放弃、永不屈服的美国前进。

This is a great nation. It’s always been a bad bet to bet against America. We’re good people. This is the United States of America. And there’s never been anything…never been anything we’ve been not able to do when we’ve done it together.

这是一个伟大的国家。我们是好人。这是美利坚合众国。只要我们一起努力,就没有什么是我们做不到的。

Folks, in the last days of the campaign, I’ve begun thinking about a hymn that means a lot to me and my family, particularly my deceased son Beau. It captures the faith that sustains me and which I believe sustains America. And I hope – and I hope it can provide some comfort and solace to the 230,000 Americans who’ve lost a loved one to this terrible virus this year. My heart goes out to each and every one of you. Hopefully, this hymn gives you solace as well. And it goes like this:

在竞选活动的最后几天,我一直在想一首对我和我的家人,特别是我已故的儿子博来说,意义重大的赞美诗。它提到了支撑着我,也支撑着美国的信念。我希望它能给今年因这种可怕的病毒而失去亲人的23万多个家庭带来一些安慰。我的心与你们每一个人同在。希望这首赞美诗也能给你安慰。

“And He will raise you up on eagle’s wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
And make you just shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand.”

“他必用大鹰的翅膀将你高举起来,
在黎明的气息中承载你,
让你像太阳一样闪耀,
把你放在他的掌心里。”

And now, together – on eagle’s wings – we embark on the work that God and history have called upon us to do. With full hearts and steady hands, with faith in America and in each other, with a love of country, a thirst for justice, let us be the nation that we know we can be. A nation united. A nation strengthened. A nation healed. The United States of America.

现在,我们一起——乘着鹰的翅膀——投入到上帝和历史召唤我们去做的工作。凭着全心全意和坚定的双手,怀着对美国和彼此的信任,怀着对国家的爱和对正义的渴望,成为我们知道我们能够成为的国家。一个统一的国家。一个更加强大的国家。一个得到治愈的国家。美利坚合众国。

Ladies and gentlemen, there’s never, never been anything we’ve tried we’ve not been able to do.

女生们,先生们,世间自有公道,付出终有回报。

So remember: as my grandpa…grandpappy said when I walked out of his home, when I was a kid up in Scranton, said: “Joey, keep the faith.” And our grandmother, when she was alive, she yelled: “No, Joey, spread it.”

请记住:当我童年在斯克兰顿时我的爷爷曾在我出门时对我说过的话“乔,坚定信念。”而我的奶奶对我大声说道,“不,乔,你更要让信念传向四方。”

Spread the faith.

让信念传向四方。

God love you all. May God bless America, and may God protect our troops.

上帝爱你们。上帝保佑美利坚合众国。愿上帝保佑我们的军队。

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

谢谢大家!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-11-8 12:10:40 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-11-8 12:13:56 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-11-8 12:59:35 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-11-8 13:07:27 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-11-8 15:56:41 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-11-8 16:06:45 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
我是会员 想看全文 谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-11-8 17:21:41 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
期待期待,感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-11-8 19:26:16 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-11-8 19:32:18 | 显示全部楼层
xiexie sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-4-16 18:37 , Processed in 0.051926 second(s), 19 queries .