[体卫] 2020-07-11 比尔·盖茨国际艾滋病协会新冠肺炎视频会议讲话

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2020-7-14 10:09:51 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
回帖下载完整视频、音频及双语文本:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Hello everyone. It's great to join you even remotely.

大家好。很高兴能够远程加入你们。

I want to thank everyone that I asked for organizing this virtual conference. But most of all, I want to thank the researchers, policy makers, advocates and health care workers listening in today. You've been in the front line of the global response for two pandemics now: COVID-19 and HIV-AIDS. A lot of being asked of you and I know it's a challenging time.

我要感谢所有组织此次视频会议的人们。但最重要的是,我要感谢今天参加会议的各位研究人员、政策制定者、倡导者以及医疗工作者们。你们正处在全球应对新冠肺炎和艾滋病这两种流行病的最前线。你们承受的太多,我知道这是一个充满挑战的时刻。

Months after this pandemic began, countries all over the world have COVID-19 cases. On top of that, the pandemic is disrupting the supply chains and therefore slowing our progress in the fight against all other diseases, including AIDS. Both the UN and the Global Fund released projections showing that these disruptions could prevent hundreds of thousands of people from getting the treatments they need. And that's just in Sub-Saharan Africa.

新冠疫情大流行开始数月后,世界各国都出现了病例。更麻烦的是,这种流行病正在扰乱供应链,因而减缓了我们在与包括艾滋病在内的所有其他疾病作斗争中的进展。联合国和全球基金已发布的项目均显示,这些破坏可能导致成千上万的人无法获得所需的治疗,特别是在撒哈拉以南的非洲。

So we have our work cut out for us, but I remain optimistic. I remain optimistic that we will defeat COVID-19, and we will continue to make strides against AIDS and other health crises.

因此,我们的工作步履维艰,但我仍然保持乐观,我们一定会击败新冠肺炎,并继续在抗击艾滋病和其他健康危机方面取得长足的进步。

I believe that for several reasons. First is science. In the global race to detect, treat and vaccinate against COVID-19, researchers are making great advances. Faster, better diagnostic tools are being developed to help identify those infected. Investments are being made in libraries of antiviral drugs, which has been an under investment branch of science. Also, we're making great progress on vaccines. These platforms won't just be useful against this particular virus, they will also help us specifically for HIV.

我的乐观缘于几个原因。首先是科学。在全球针对新冠肺炎检测、治疗和接种疫苗的竞赛中,研究人员取得了长足的进步。我们正在开发更快、更好的诊断工具来帮助识别那些感染者。我们正在对作为科学的一个分支的抗病毒药物库进行投资。此外,我们在疫苗方面也取得了长足的进步。这些平台不仅会针对这种特定病毒有用,还会为我们提供专门针对艾滋病毒的帮助。

Of course, there's a big difference between getting the platform and making sure we get the products out to everyone who needs them. If we just let drugs and vaccines go to the highest bidders instead of to the people and the places where they're most needed, we will have a longer, more injust, deadlier pandemic. We need leaders to make these hard decisions about distributing based on equity, not just on market driven factors.

当然,在搭建平台与确保我们将产品提供给需要的每个人之间有很大的不同。如果我们将药物和疫苗提供给出价最高的人,而不是最需要它们的人,那么疫情将持续更长的时间,且会变得更不公、更致命。我们需要领导者就基于权益的分配做出艰难的决策,而不仅仅是基于市场驱动因素。

As ironic as it sounds, that's the second reason I'm optimistic we will overcome COVID-19, because the world has come together. Specifically, you have done it before. One of the best lessons in the fight against HIV-AIDS is the importance of building this large, fair, global distribution system to get the drugs out to everyone.

听起来很具有讽刺意味,这是我很乐观的第二个理由,我们将战胜新冠肺炎,因为世界已经团结起来。具体来说,诸位之前已经有此经验。面对艾滋病我们得到的最好经验之一就是认识到建立一个庞大公平的全球药物分配系统的重要性。

Those innovations have only had this impact because of the generosity of things like Global Fund and bilateral commitments like the United States PEPFAR and conferences like this where we get together and talk about best practices, you know, how do we make sure that people are tested? How do we make sure that getting their medicine that they stayed compliant and that we cut that death rate dramatically?

这些创新之所以产生影响和效果,便是因为全球基金这样的慷慨之举,像美国的总统防治艾滋病紧急救援计划(PEPFAR)这样的双边承诺,以及像今天这样的会议,我们聚在一起讨论最佳的实践经验,例如,我们如何确保人们得到了检测?我们如何确保药物的适用性并大幅降低死亡率?

The Global Fund was created all the way back in 2002 and that was a very bleak period with AIDS death. They were surging. Four years later, they peaked, and now they have fallen by more than half.

全球基金始建于2002年,那是一个艾滋病死亡率非常严重的黑暗时期。死亡人数增加。但4年后,人数达到了顶峰,而现在已经下降了一半以上。

Now, every death is a tragedy, we need to go further, but that is huge progress. The Global Fund helped turn AIDS from a death sentence to a largely treatable disease in almost all the countries of the world. And it's one of the kindest things that people have done for each other. And I think it sets an example of what we need to do for all diseases.

当然,每一个死亡都是一场悲剧,我们还有很长的路要走,但这已经是一个巨大的进步。全球基金帮助几乎所有国家将艾滋病从死刑转变为可以治疗的疾病。这是人们为彼此所做的最善良的事情之一。我想这为我们应对所有疾病提供了示范。

So whether it's AIDS or COVID-19, global cooperation, a resolve to invent the tools and get them out where they're needed most is critical. When we have those things, nations, institutions and advocates working together on this collective response, we do see remarkable impact.

因此,无论是针对艾滋病还是新冠肺炎,至关重要的是我们需要全球合作,发明出产品并将其送到最需要的地方。当我们拥有这些东西时,国家、机构和工作者共同努力作出这种集体反应时,我们一定会看到产生的巨大影响。

More than anyone else, you’ve been at the forefront of that. So keep up the great work. Let's keep collaborating on the science, the manufacturing, the delivery systems and so we get all these tools out, including COVID-19 vaccines and other treatments to those who need them most. Thank you.

诸位与其他人相比一直走在前列。因此,请各位继续努力。让我们继续在科学、制造、配送系统方面合作,以便我们获得所有方法,包括新冠肺炎疫苗和其他治疗方法,并用在所有急需它们的人身上。谢谢。
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
发表于 2020-7-14 13:47:03 来自手机 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2020-7-14 18:13:17 | 只看该作者
支持支持
回复

使用道具 举报

地板
发表于 2020-7-14 19:26:14 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2020-7-15 08:46:12 | 只看该作者
比尔·盖茨国际艾滋病协会新冠肺炎视频会议讲话
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2020-7-15 08:58:59 | 只看该作者
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2020-7-15 10:18:50 | 只看该作者
感谢楼主
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2020-7-15 10:26:23 | 只看该作者
比尔盖茨会议演讲
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2020-7-15 18:29:53 | 只看该作者
thanks for sharing ........
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2020-7-18 16:32:51 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-4-24 22:18 , Processed in 0.048348 second(s), 18 queries .