查看: 18906|回复: 20

[片段] 中美合作才有未来

[复制链接]
发表于 2020-7-12 11:08:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
回帖下载完整音频及双语文本:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

中美走向合作的大势是挡不住的
——外交部副部长乐玉成在外交学会与美国亚洲协会共同举办的中美关系视频对话上的致辞(节选)
2020年7月8日

The Trend Toward China-US Cooperation Is Unstoppable
– Remarks by Vice Foreign Minister Le Yucheng at the Video Dialogue on Sino-US Relations Co-hosted by the Chinese People’s Institute of Foreign Affairs and the Asia Society
8 July 2020

很高兴出席中美关系视频对话。新冠疫情下,面对面交流暂时还是奢望,只能通过视频向各位新老朋友问安。很期待听到大家的真知灼见。

I am delighted to join you today for this Dialogue on Sino-US Relations. While the ongoing COVID-19 has made it a luxury to meet in person, it is good to see my friends, both old and new, virtually. I very much look forward to your valuable insights.

最近,我参加了不少研讨会,中美关系始终是热门话题。面对百年大变局和世纪大灾疫,面对各种层出不穷的新威胁、新挑战,世界都很期待中美密切合作、积极互动,以化解危机,而现实却是美方越来越突出对华“战略竞争”,宣扬“脱钩”、“新冷战”,从而使危机雪上加霜。

Recently, I have attended quite a number of seminars, all of which have China-US relations as a fixture topic. In the face of the once-in-a-century changes, a pandemic never seen before, and constantly emerging new threats and challenges, the world is looking to China and the United States to provide answers to these crises through close cooperation and active interaction. But in reality, the US is getting more and more obsessed with “strategic competition”, “decoupling” and a “new cold war” with China, worsening the whole situation even further.

中美关系也因此被推向十字路口,面临何去何从的历史性抉择。中美关系下一步怎么走?林肯总统曾经说过,预测未来最好的办法就是创造未来。中美关系的未来肇始于当下的每一个判断和决定,在座的各位都肩负这样的责任和使命。我有几点思考和大家分享。

As a result, the China-US relationship has found itself to stand at a crossroads, with a historic choice about its future hanging in the air. Where will China-US relations be heading? President Abraham Lincoln once said, the best way to predict the future is to create it. The future of China-US relations will be shaped by every assessment and every decision to be made today. It is a responsibility and mission that falls on each and every one of us. In this context, I’d like to share with you some of my observations:

中美“脱钩”不切实际,对谁都没有好处。中美关系回不到过去,但不能因此全盘否定过去。中美关系凝聚了两国领导人包括美民主、共和两党历届政府的智慧与心血,是几代人共同努力奠定的基础,也包含了在座各位的付出与贡献。

Decoupling is impractical and benefits no one. While China-US relations cannot return to its past, its achievements in the old days should not be dismissed. China-US relations has come this far because of the wisdom and efforts of the leaders of the two countries as well as the successive US administrations, both Democratic and Republican. The foundation of the relationship is built with generations of hard work, including the dedication and contributions from all of you.

中美竞争不应是“零和游戏”,所谓为打压中国不惜付出“成比例代价”的思维很危险。美方嘴上一直讲市场精神、公平竞争,但行动上却是“武大郎开店——不容大个儿”,不允许别人比自己更优秀、更有竞争力。

Competition between China and the US shouldn’t be a “zero-sum game”. It is dangerous for the US to leverage so-called “proportional costs” to attack China. In rhetoric, the US is talking about market spirit and fair competition. In action, it just moves in the opposite direction – it does not allow anyone to be better or more competitive than itself.

中国在自身快速发展的同时,对世界的贡献有目共睹,连续多年对世界经济增长贡献率超过30%,对全球减贫贡献率超过70%。中国不输出难民,更没有输出战争。然而这样一个名副其实的“优等生”,美国不仅不认可,还不遗余力地打压遏制,声称要“将中国打回40年前的原形”,这是多么阴暗的心理!

With its rapid development, China has offered so much to the world: contributing to over 30% of global economic growth for years in running, and over 70% to global poverty reduction. Never ever has China exported refugees or wars. For such a country that has done nothing but good deeds, the US has chosen to turn a blind eye and go after it by all means, and even threatened to plunge China all the way back to what it was like forty years ago. What malevolent intention!

美国真正的敌人不是中国,而是看不见的病毒和越来越多的非传统安全挑战。进入新世纪发生的多次全球性危机,给美国和世界造成重大损失,但根源都不是传统的大国对抗或地缘政治冲突,而是恐怖主义、金融风险、各种病毒等。面对百年大灾疫,人们最需要的是N95口罩,而不是F-35战斗机。

The real enemy of the US is not China. It is the invisible virus and growing non-traditional security threats. Twenty years into this century, the world has seen multiple global crises, with wide and far-reaching impacts on the US and others. None of them were caused by traditional great power confrontation or geopolitical conflicts, but terrorism, financial risks, viruses, etc. In the face of an epidemic unseen in a century, what most countries need most at this point is N95 masks, not F-35 fighters. It breaks our heart that over 130,000 Americans lost their lives to COVID-19.

关于中美关系的未来,我是一个乐观派,尽管现在乌云密布,但天塌不下来,太阳总是要出来的,中美走向合作的大势是挡不住的。中方愿始终本着不冲突不对抗、相互尊重、合作共赢的精神,与美方共同建设一个协调、合作、稳定的中美关系。我也坚信,中美两国人民有足够的理性和智慧,找到不同社会制度、不同文化背景的两个大国,在这个星球和平共存、互利共赢的相处之道。

I am optimistic about the future of China-US relations. Although the relationship is overcast by dark clouds, the sky will not fall, and the sun will eventually shine again. Likewise, nothing can stop the general trend of China-US cooperation forever. China remains committed to the principle of no-conflict and no-confrontation, mutual respect and win-win cooperation. China stands ready to work with the US to advance China-US relations based on coordination, cooperation and stability. I believe that the two peoples have the will and wisdom to find the way for the two major countries with different social systems and cultural backgrounds to live together on this planet in peace and to cooperate with each other for win-win results.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-7-12 14:51:35 | 显示全部楼层
thanks for sharing!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-7-13 08:28:15 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-7-13 14:14:38 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks♪(・ω・)ノ
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-7-13 15:22:42 | 显示全部楼层
中美合作才有未来
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-7-13 23:58:03 | 显示全部楼层
thanks for sharing!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-7-15 18:09:49 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢  分享啊
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-7-18 15:39:02 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks a lot!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-7-19 18:45:21 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-7-19 22:27:21 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 02:00 , Processed in 0.070131 second(s), 32 queries .