回帖下载完整视频、音频及双语文本:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Message by The Prince of Wales to Mark the 72nd Birthday of the NHS
July the 5th, 2020

威尔士亲王国家医疗服务体系成立72周年纪念日致辞
2020年7月5日

Ladies and Gentlemen,

女士们、先生们,

Today marks the anniversary of the foundation of the National Health Service. On July the 5th, 1948, just four months before I was born, Trafford General Hospital opened its doors, providing care to all according to their need, not their ability to pay. After more than seven decades, that founding principle, though now familiar, is still a profoundly moving statement of our values – and it has never been more relevant than it is now.

今天是国家医疗服务体系(NHS)成立纪念日。1948年7月5日,就在我出生前4个月,特拉福德综合医院开业,向所有人提供医疗服务,根据的是每个人的需要,而不是他们的支付能力。经过70多年的发展,这一创始原则尽管已为世人所熟知,但仍深刻的展示了我们的价值观,而且从未像现在这样具有现实意义。

The current pandemic means that the NHS – and the entire country – has been through the most testing time in the service’s history. Our remarkably selfless nurses, doctors, paramedics and countless other staff have made costly sacrifices to provide treatment for more than a hundred thousand patients with coronavirus and thousands more who needed other care. And, in tribute to them, we have come together as a nation to thank them for their skill, professionalism and dedication.

当前的疫情大流行意味着国家医疗服务体系,乃至我们整个国家,经历了其历史上最久的考验。我们伟大无私的护士、医生、护理人员和其他无数工作人员做出了昂贵的牺牲,为10万多名冠状病毒患者和数千名需要其他护理的患者提供治疗。同时,我们全体人民作为一个国家聚在一起,向所有医护人员致敬,感谢他们的医疗技能、敬业和奉献精神。

Of course, our whole society has risen to this extraordinary challenge: from the farmers, fruit and vegetable pickers, delivery drivers and shop workers who provided our food; to the energy workers who kept the lights on, the transport staff and the public servants and business people who continued to provide vital services.

当然,我们全社会都在应对这一非凡的挑战:从农民,果蔬采摘者,送货司机和商店工人那里我们获得食物;到始终确保电力的能源工人,以及运输人员、公务员和商人那里为我们提供重要服务。

Every new difficulty has been met with a new solution. Countless volunteers have come forward to help those in greatest need and, of course, all have had their part to play by heeding the official advice to help stop the spread of this cruel virus.

每个新的难题都会有新的解决方案加以应对。无数的志愿者站出来去帮助那些最需要帮助的人,当然,所有人都按照官方建议发挥自己的作用,去阻止这种残酷病毒的传播。

This renewal of our community spirit has been a silver lining during this dark time. Our communities have been put to a severe test and, true to our best traditions, they have overcome it with determination and imagination, with good sense and with good humour.

我们的团结精神成为这个黑暗时期的一线希望。我们的社区经受了严峻的考验,秉承我们的最佳传统,他们以坚定的决心和想象力,良好的意识和幽默感克服了这一挑战。

During these past months, the phrase ‘to shield’ has taken on an emphasis it did not have before. But while the meaning may be new, the principle of protection for those in need is timeless. In Psalm 18, we read these words of thanks for deliverance from danger: “You have also given me the shield of your salvation: and your right hand has held me up, and your gentleness has made me great.”

在过去的几个月中,“防护”一词得到了前所未有的关注,尽管其含义可能不同,但为有需要的人提供保护的原则却是永恒的。在《诗篇》第18篇中,我们读到了这些逃离危险后的感谢词:“你把你救恩的盾牌赐给我,你的右手扶持我,你的善良使我强大。”

To all who have given so much during this present danger, I just want to say that it is you who have been our shield; it is your hands that have held us up; it is your gentleness that has made us great.

对于所有在当前危险中倾尽所有的人,我只想说,是你们成为了我们的盾牌;是你们的手托起了我们;是你们的善良使我们变得强大。

Despite all that has been injured, there is deep cause for gratitude, and a true reason for pride. In the way we care for all members of our society, our greatness truly is in gentleness. So, Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you all for what you have done – more than I can possibly say.

尽管受到伤害,但我们仍心存感恩和自豪。在我们对社会所有成员的关心中,我们的伟大之处正是善良。因此,女士们,先生们,我对你们的感谢溢于言表,感谢你们为我们所做的一切。
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
发表于 2020-7-7 14:56:17 | 只看该作者
威尔士亲王国家医疗服务体系成立72周年纪念日致辞
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2020-7-9 06:38:49 | 只看该作者
72周年纪念日致辞
回复

使用道具 举报

地板
发表于 2020-7-9 12:30:36 来自手机 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2020-7-15 10:40:26 | 只看该作者
威尔士亲王讲话
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2020-7-15 18:37:25 | 只看该作者
thanks for sharing .........
回复

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2020-7-23 10:12:58 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2020-8-4 00:16:31 | 只看该作者
xiexiexiexie
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2020-8-6 09:04:37 | 只看该作者
谢谢楼主。
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2020-8-27 09:58:30 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-4-23 17:35 , Processed in 0.052087 second(s), 20 queries .