[时政] 2020-01-31 英国首相约翰逊脱欧电视讲话

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2020-2-2 10:06:50 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
打卡上传录音
回帖下载完整视频、音频及双语文本:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请【回复】

Tonight we are leaving the European Union.

今晚我们要离开欧盟了。

For many people this is an astonishing moment of hope, a moment they thought would never come.

对于许多人来说,这是一个令人惊讶但充满希望、他们认为永远不会到来的时刻。

And there are many of course who feel a sense of anxiety and loss.

当然,还有许多人感到焦虑和失落。

And then of course there is a third group – perhaps the biggest – who had started to worry that the whole political wrangle would never come to an end.

然后当然还有第三类人,也许是最大的一类,他们开始担心整个政治纠纷将永远不会结束。

I understand all those feelings, and our job as the government – my job – is to bring this country together now and take us forward.

我理解所有这些感受,我们作为政府的工作,我的工作,是现在使这个国家团结起来并推动我们前进。

And the most important thing to say tonight is that this is not an end but a beginning. This is the moment when the dawn breaks and the curtain goes up on a new act in our great national drama.

今晚要说的最重要的是,脱欧不是结束,而是开始。这是黎明破晓的时刻,在我们伟大的“民族戏剧”中,一场新戏的帷幕拉开了。

And yes it is partly about using these new powers – this recaptured sovereignty – to deliver the changes people voted for.

是的,部分原因是要利用这些重新获得的主权来满足人们投票所支持的变革。

Whether that is by controlling immigration or creating free ports or liberating our fishing industry or doing free trade deals, or simply making our laws and rules for the benefit of the people of this country.

无论是通过控制移民、建立自由贸易区、解放我们的捕鱼业或进行自由贸易,还是仅仅为了我们的人民的利益而制定法律和法规。

And of course I think that is the right and healthy and democratic thing to do.

当然,我认为这是正确、健康和民主的事情。

Because for all its strengths and for all its admirable qualities, the EU has evolved over 50 years in a direction that no longer suits this country.

因为欧盟凭借其所有优势和令人钦佩的品质,在过去50多年的发展中已朝着不再适合英国的方向发展。

And that is a judgment that you, the people, have now confirmed at the polls. Not once but twice.

脱欧是英国人民通过两次投票所确认的决定。

And yet this moment is far bigger than that. It is not just about some legal extrication.

然而,这一刻远不止于此,这不只是法律上的解脱。

It is potentially a moment of real national renewal and change.

这可能是真正的民族更新和变革的时刻。

This is the dawn of a new era in which we no longer accept that your life chances – your family’s life chances - should depend on which part of the country you grow up in. This is the moment when we really begin to unite and level up.

这是一个新时代的曙光,在这个新时代中,我们不再接受您和您家人的生活机会应取决于您在哪个国家长大。这是我们真正开始团结和发展的时刻。

Defeating crime, transforming our NHS, and with better education, with superb technology and with the biggest revival of our infrastructure since the Victorians.

自维多利亚时代以来,我们致力于打败犯罪、改变我们的国民保健服务(NHS)并提供更好的教育、一流的技术和基础设施的复兴。

We will spread hope and opportunity to every part of the UK. And if we can get this right I believe that with every month that goes by we will grow in confidence, not just at home but abroad, and in our diplomacy, in our fight against climate change, in our campaigns for human rights or female education or free trade.

我们将希望和机遇传播到英国的每个地方。而且,如果我们能够做到这一点,我相信,接下来的每个月,我们不仅在国内,而且在国外、在外交、在应对气候变化的斗争中;在争取人权或开展女性教育或自由贸易的活动中都将充满信心。

We will rediscover muscles that we have not used for decades, the power of independent thought and action.

我们将重新发现数十年来从未使用过的力量——即独立思考和行动。

Not because we want to detract from any thing done by our EU friends – of course not - we want this to be the beginning of a new era of friendly cooperation between the EU and an energetic Britain.

并非因为我们想破坏我们欧盟朋友的所作所为,我们希望这成为欧盟与充满活力的英国之间友好合作新时代的开始。

A Britain that is simultaneously a great European power and truly global in our range and ambitions.

英国既是欧洲大国,也是全球大国。

And when I look at this country’s incredible assets our scientists, our engineers, our world-leading universities, our armed forces, when I look at the potential of this country waiting to be unleashed, I know that we can turn this opportunity into a stunning success.

当我看到这个国家令人难以置信的资产时——我们的科学家、工程师、世界一流的大学、武装部队;当我看到这个国家即将释放的潜力时,我知道我们将取得惊人的成功。

And whatever the bumps in the road ahead I know that we will succeed.

无论未来有什么坎坷,我都知道我们会成功。

We have obeyed the people, we have taken back the tools of self-government, now is the time to use those tools to unleash the full potential of this brilliant country and to make better the lives of everyone in every corner of our United Kingdom.

我们顺从了人民,收回了自治权,现在是时候利用这些工具来释放这个辉煌国家的全部潜力,并改善英国每个角落每个人的生活。
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
发表于 2020-2-2 15:05:48 来自手机 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2020-2-3 09:33:59 | 只看该作者
英国首相约翰逊脱欧电视讲话
回复

使用道具 举报

地板
发表于 2020-2-3 11:31:36 | 只看该作者
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2020-2-3 17:24:31 | 只看该作者
thanks for sharing
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2020-2-3 23:01:11 | 只看该作者
Thank you!

回复

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2020-2-4 08:40:35 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2020-2-4 09:36:37 | 只看该作者
just want it, so great
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2020-2-4 10:35:27 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2020-2-4 11:41:33 来自手机 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

客服微信|Archiver|手机版|口译网    

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 11:43 , Processed in 0.055995 second(s), 18 queries .